Hoot

Western Union Sucks

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have two PNB bank accounts. PNB Bank in all over the Phillippines and there are 5 locations in the U.S.A

I send my checks to the Chicago Branch for deposit and they show up in the accounts both in the U.S. and in Cagayan De Oro which is in Mindeano province.

We have two accounts on for Rosie and I .... the other is for Rosie and her mom for the family.

Tthere is a website for PNB bank www.pnb.com.ph

Rosie and David

single 15 years married 5 months ....now I know what peaks and valleys are in life. LOVE my wife hehehe

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

i am using LBC money remittance... for every 100.00 dollars, they charge 3.00 ... so everytime i send like 200.00 i get to pay 206.00

for the first time you apply for an account, they will set up a ATM card just for LBC and its totally free.... your family in the Philippines will receive the card in 3 days and thats they card that they will use whenever you send the money... they will just have to withdraw from that LBC atm.

>>> send money thru a LBC office here and they can withdraw the money from their LBC atm in 5 mins.. its free and i didnt had any problem since i use that...

>>> been using western too for 3 years but i find it expensive if i just send like 1-2hundred dollars...

>>> but if sending thousands... better use other option maybe xoom.com

------USCIS-- married since March 28, 2005 - I130 filed: july 27, 2007

NOA #1: Aug 6, 2007 NOA #2: Oct. 29, 2009 - APPROVED

--NVC--December 12, 2009 - Case# generated from NVC

December 17, 2009 - hubby received his letter from NVC[/font]

April 13, 2010 - received DS-3032 via email

April 19, 2010 - sent back DS-3032 to NVC thru DHL (did not email a copy)

April 23, 2010 - DS3032 was received per operator and reviewed, received IV and AOS bill thru mail.

April 29, 2010 - paid AOS ($70) fee bill

April 30, 2010 - paid IV fee bill ($400.00 each beneficiary)

May 01, 2010 - AOS shows "PAID" in the system, printed cover sheet.

May 05, 2010 - iv bill shows "PAID"

June 24, 2010 - sent AOS via USPS/certified and prioritized

July 14, 2010 - received RFE. nvc is requesting again for Tax Transcript 2009

Sept 14, 2010 - Mailed RFE documents via usps

Sept 22, 2010 - mailed complete DS-230 via DHL

Oct 14, 2010 - received RFE about beneficiary's police clearances

Nov. 30, 2010 - sent corrected DS-230 with correct years of residency via USPS

Dec. 21, 2010 - CASE COMPLETED!!!

April 28, 2011 - interview date was set to JUNE 28, 2011 @6:30AM

June 15, 2011 - MEDICAL EXAM and will be back fri (6/17/11) for results

June 28, 2011 - Interview

July 12, 2011 - arrived at LAX - and we'll live happily ever after!

I gave Claudeth an ATM card for one of my savings accounts. She used it a just about any ATM in Cagayan without any problems and the fee was $1.50 plus the conversion rate was much better than Western Union. Her parents now have the card and we put money in their account all the time. I used to draw 15,000 pesos from my account with no problems.

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

My husband used WU in sending money to me when I'm still at the Philippines and he never encountered a problems.

He said that when you send $1000 or above, the WU will need proof like a driver's license or any picture ID.

N-400 Application for Naturalization

September 21, 2012 - N-400 packet sent
September 24, 2012 - Check cashed
September 26, 2012 - NOA 1 received
October 01, 2012 - Biometrics letter received
October 26, 2012 - Biometrics appt @ 11am
March 1, 2013 - Oathtaking. US citizen finally!!!

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

wgto58qj1o5xq.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We uses MONEYGRAM since I cam here for a year now, never had a problem even if we send more than a thousand $$. Easy to send & easy to pick up too!

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Western Union and the US Governemt just screwed me over.

I sent my wife $ 1,100 cash via Western Union - and they have put a government hold on it and won't release it till tomorrow which has caused my wife to miss her dentist appointment. She is in the middle of having major dental work done (multiple crowns). Apparently they need to interview me or something. What a crock of ####### !!! I am really steamed over this. I work hard as hell and pay my taxes - What a load of BS !!!

Has anybody else had this happen ???

Is there another method of money transfer that I can use for the future ??? I think once this is fixed I will quit using Western Union - it is expensive - and now very inconvenient.

Also, my wife will arrive here in the USA in October and we will need to send money to her family in Mindanao. Can anybody suggest a better way to send her family money ???

Thank you.

Hoot

Next time try to send under $500 at a time then u have less question from any one, in the past i did send $2000 back to viet nam i had the same bs then i was told that under $500 wouldn't be an issue

I sent my wife $ 1,100 cash via Western Union - and they have put a government hold on it and won't release it till tomorrow which has caused my wife to miss her dentist appointment. She is in the middle of having major dental work done (multiple crowns). Apparently they need to interview me or something. What a crock of ####### !!! I am really steamed over this. I work hard as hell and pay my taxes - What a load of BS !!!

Is there another method of money transfer that I can use for the future ??? I think once this is fixed I will quit using Western Union - it is expensive - and now very inconvenient.

Also, my wife will arrive here in the USA in October and we will need to send money to her family in Mindanao. Can anybody suggest a better way to send her family money ???

Thank you.

Hoot

we are using WU too but i never heard about this too.. but she can open account in banks here.. bank money transfer...

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Timeline

Thank you.

Hoot

We use xoom to transfer money to the Philippines. To transfer money for my family, what we did was to open a personal account (mine and my hubby), at Banco De Oro where I used to work, then enrolled the account in internet banking. Then, every once in a while, we transfer money thru xoom directly to our account in BDO,depending on how low our balance gets. We then do the online transfer every month from my account to my Mom's account in BDO. That way we don't pay the fee everytime we send money to the Philippines.

It's very convenient and works everytime.

Thank you.

Hoot

I opened a ITF [in Trust For]savings account for my wife while she was still in PI. No need SSN or signature. Sent her the ATM card . Cost is 5 bucks a 100. She left the card with sis when she left.[2 years ago] and that's how we still get the family money.

Helps at the interview alsofor evidence of bonafide marriage.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

bdw, how much does xoom charge? my husband has been using WU but i think theyre kinda expensive.

feb. 26,2008-----noa1

aug. 26, 2008----transferred to csc

sept. 19, 2008--- approved

NVC:

sept. 26, 2008----got case # from a live operator

oct. 6, 2008 ------received AOS bill/paid online

oct. 7, 2008 ------shows PAID

oct. 14,2008 -----IV fee generated/ paid online

oct. 15,2008 -----shows PAID

oct. 16,2008 -----mailed DS230 overnight

oct. 23,2008 ---- RFE

nov. 3,2008 ----- case complete

nov. 26,2008 --- medical exam

aug. 14,2009 --- remedical finally, passed

aug. 24, 2009 -- interview , passed

aug. 29, 2009 -- visa in hand

sept. 24, 2009 -- POE LAX

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Open a SCHWAB account and mail her an atm...ZERO ATM FEES and they give you the live FOREX rate. before that I used IKOBO.

Someone here told me about schwab...best thing I've ever done.; They have one ATM card and I put money in the acocunt when my inlaws need money and I notify my bank I'm "traveling" so they don't block it. I got $24 back in atm fees this month (they refund all fees regardless of how much or what country). I can't believe everyone doesn't know about schwab!

I had it with paying these pricks for my hard earned money to go where I choose it to go. Thank God/Allah/Buddha for at least a couple outlier banks who don't rip you off like BOA and others do.

Edited by HYENA

7/21/08 I 129f K-1 app given to Siam Legal Lawyers office

8/3/08 K-1 I 129f Sent (Atty Ofc made mistake delayed app, we learned later)

8/14/08 NOA-1

1/23/09 RFE Color Passport Picture

1/29/09 RFE Color Pics sent

2/3/09 RFE Pics USCIS acknowledged

4/28/09 NOA-2

5/01/09 NVC Received

5/01/09 Left NVC

5/15/09 Embassy Sent Packet 3 (we did not receive-they have correct addresses)

6/19/09 Packet 3 to Embassy

6/28/09 Appointment (packet 4) never mailed, had to ask to get email-they've got correct addresses

7/23/09 Interview Scheduled for 7:00am (A YEAR AFTER SUBMISSION)!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/28/09 Pick up visa

8/11/09 She came to the USA with me!

You can send a Thank You note to Obama Bin Laden and other Al Queada Terrorist Cell for that.

Since 9/11 many change have taken place, both on the front line and behind the scene.

I remember when you could take a flight, carry a hot pizza on board with a 6 pack of Coke.

My only question is:

Surely you are not paying $1,100 for dental work in PI.

I had my fiance get all her teeth filled in PI, and the cost was like $12 per filling

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Used PayPal to send money to wifey before when she was in PI.

It's cheap, no hidden charges and easy.

All your wife need to do is set up a dollar account or a regular savings account on a bank. Her's is MetroBank.

Plus, let her get a debit card at UnionBank. It will only be used as a verification for the PayPal account.

We pay 350 pesos per year for the debit card. Tell UnionBank that the debit card will be used for the PayPal account.

They pretty sure know what you are talking about.

Good Luck!

-Todd

SDYlm4.png

-=MY TIMELINE=-

K1 IR-5 (Dad)

01.05.09 - Medical

01.09.09 - Embassy Interview 11.25.13 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

01.17.09 - Visa rec'd 11.26.13 - Packet rec'd

02.03.09 - US Entry (POE: LAX) 11.27.13 - Check cashed

02.18.09 - Wedding 12.01.13 - NOA1 (Transfer to VSC

AOS 01.12.14 - NOA2 (Transfer to NVC)

03.02.09 - Applied for SSN on 2/27;SSN rec'd in mail 02.24.14 - NVC changed # to MNL

03.20.09 - AOS sent to Chicago via USPS 02.27.14 - DS 261 submitted

03.23.09 - AOS Package rec'd @ Chicago 03.04.14 - AOS fee paid; showed paid status on 3/6

07.06.09 - Welcome letter rec'd = FINALLY! 03.10.14 - AOS packet sent

07.09.09 - 10-YR GC rec'd.. odd? 03.12.14 - AOS packet delivered

I-751 03.17.14 - Rec'd IV bill invoice

04.04.11 - Infopass re:10-yr GC 03.18.14 - IV Fee paid; showed paid status on 3/20

04.09.11 - I-751 packet sent to VSC; delivered on 4/11 03.23.14 - DS 260 submitted online

04.22.11 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 4/23 03.28.14 - Rec'd AOS checklist via email

06.27.11 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 07/08 (walk-in) 03.31.14 - Mailed checklist with corections

12.13.11 - I-751 approved 04.01.14 - Mailed civil documents

12.19.11 - 10-yr GC rec'd 04.03.14 - Civil docs delivered

N-400 04.07.14 - Advance Medical--PASSED!Done in 1 day

04.17.12 - N400 packet sent to TX Lockbox: REJECTED 04.18.14 - False IV checklist rec'd

05.17.12 - N400 resent to Lewisville,TX 04.23.14 - IV checklist re:Qatar PCC

05.23.12 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 5/26 05.05.14 - Qatar PCC sent to NVC

06.01.12 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 06/11 instead of 6/21 06.05.14 - Case completed

07.09.12 - Rec'd interview letter for 8/14 @ 2PM 07.16.14 - Interview rescheduled due to Typhoon Glenda

08.14.12 - PASSED Interview; awaiting oath letter 07.31.14 - Interview @ USEM: APPROVED

10.01.12 - Rec'd Oath Letter 08.05.14 - Visa on hand

10.12.12 - Oath ceremony! I'm finally a USC! 08.27.14 - POE: LAX

09.08.14 - SSN in mail

09.15.14 - ELIS status changed to OPTIMIZED

09.22.14 - ELIS status CLOSED

09.26.14 - GC received

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes,

This is what i do and it's worked great I got my checking account and added her as my wife(shows proof of relationship) I then gave her a debit card and when she needs money she pulls it right out of our account with a predeetermined limit a month. She keeps the reciepts to show proof of me supporting her. The only negative i can think of is the machine charges me a dollar pertransaction...but I used to send WU but it can be slow and unreliable so this has worked for three months and God allows will be only a few more months and then we are done...but maybe we leave card there with her family so the can get at cash from her when needed just seems easier as long as you trust.

M&E

Hoot

Oh yes, a much cheaper way until they figure out how to stop it. Open a second account at your bank and link it to your checking account. Have the debit card placed on foreign status and get it to her (don't use RP postal service). to send money, just log in online here and transfer money to that account. Tell them not to leave a $0.00 balance so the account will remain open. Next week marks 1 year and this is still working for me.

MARRIED JUNE 17th

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.