Phil_NUFC

What needs to be noterized???

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hey,

Bare with me, I'm rather new to all this so I'll be asking many questions I recon. hehe

Just wondering what my fiancee needs to get noterized for my K1 visa. She is a 17 year old US citizen from Bryan OH. I'm a 23 year old British Citizen from England.

This is what we've got in our I-129f so far (as stated in our cover letter):

Contents include:

• Check: Payment in the amount of $170.00

• I-129F Petition for K-1 Fiancé(e)

• I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, explanation of meeting in person

• G-325A and passport style photo (Petitioner)

• G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary)

• Birth certificate (Petitioner)

• Letter of consent to marry (Petitioner’s Father) *He has full custody over her*

• Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner)

• Letter certifying intent to marry (Beneficiary)

• Proof of having met in person in the past two years

• Proof of ongoing relationship

Then in the Proof of having met in person in the past two years we have the following:

• Photographs of petitioner and beneficiary on June 2003 at Detroit airport MI, July 2005 in Bryan OH, July 2005 at Golls Woods Stryker OH and July 2006 at Bible Park Bryan OH (further pictures are located in the Evidence of Relationship section).

• Identification page of beneficiary's U.K. passport.

• Itinerary of beneficiary's flight to USA in June 2005.

• Itinerary of beneficiary's flight to USA in June 2006.

• Pages 4-5 from beneficiary's passport showing entry into USA on June 24th 2003.

• Pages 26-27 from beneficiary's passport showing entry into USA on December 18th 2002, June 21st 2005 and June 17th 2006.

• Used boarding passes and I-94 form from beneficiary's flight to USA in June 2005.

• Used boarding passes and I-94 form from beneficiary's flight to USA in June 2006.

Then in the Proof of ongoing relationship we have the following:

Photographs of petitioner and beneficiary on July 2006 at East End Park Bryan OH for our engagement party and July 2006 at the Imagination Station (park) in Bryan OH, where beneficiary proposed to petitioner.

• Wedding ring receipt for beneficiary. (Petitioner’s name used as customer for US address).

• Wedding ring receipt for petitioner. (Petitioner’s name used as customer for US address).

• Engagement ring receipt for petitioner. (Petitioner’s name used as customer for US address).

• Phone bill showing beneficiary’s calls to petitioner May 2006. (Beneficiary’s mother’s phone bill account used by beneficiary).

• Phone bill showing beneficiary’s calls to petitioner April 2006. (Beneficiary’s mother’s phone bill account used by beneficiary).

• 2 emails from petitioner to beneficiary November 2005 and April 2006..

• Christmas card from beneficiary to petitioner December 2005.

• Valentines Day card from beneficiary to petitioner February 2006.

• Birthday card from beneficiary to petitioner April 2006.

• Christmas card from petitioner to beneficiary December 2005.

• Valentines Day card from petitioner to beneficiary February 2006.

So which of the above does she need to get noterized and who noterizes them?

How much does noterizing cost?

Do they charge per page? Or will it be one price for all that we need noterized?

Further down our timeline, what other things will we need? I know she will need to get a co-sponcer for the I-134 Affidavit of Support. She currently lives with her father and grandma. Her father is not able to work do to his health so he is on benefits and get money for himself and my fiancee. Her grandma still works and does bring in more the $25,000 which is 125% of the poverty line for a family of 4 (herself, dad and grandma together with me). Her grandma said she would be the co-sponcer. She has a job together with social security. I'm not sure what we need to get noterized for this process or what evidence is needed.

I LIKE TO BE THOROUGH. DON'T WANT THIS PROCESS TO TAKE ANY LONGER THAN IT SHOULD (6 MONTHS IS AVERAGE I THINK)!

THANKS EVERYONE!

Phil

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Hey,

Bare with me, I'm rather new to all this so I'll be asking many questions I recon. hehe

Just wondering what my fiancee needs to get noterized for my K1 visa. She is a 17 year old US citizen from Bryan OH. I'm a 23 year old British Citizen from England.

This is what we've got in our I-129f so far (as stated in our cover letter):

Contents include:

• Check: Payment in the amount of $170.00

• I-129F Petition for K-1 Fiancé(e)

• I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18, explanation of meeting in person

• G-325A and passport style photo (Petitioner)

• G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary)

• Birth certificate (Petitioner)

• Letter of consent to marry (Petitioner’s Father) *He has full custody over her*

• Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner)

• Letter certifying intent to marry (Beneficiary)

• Proof of having met in person in the past two years

• Proof of ongoing relationship

Then in the Proof of having met in person in the past two years we have the following:

• Photographs of petitioner and beneficiary on June 2003 at Detroit airport MI, July 2005 in Bryan OH, July 2005 at Golls Woods Stryker OH and July 2006 at Bible Park Bryan OH (further pictures are located in the Evidence of Relationship section).

• Identification page of beneficiary's U.K. passport.

• Itinerary of beneficiary's flight to USA in June 2005.

• Itinerary of beneficiary's flight to USA in June 2006.

• Pages 4-5 from beneficiary's passport showing entry into USA on June 24th 2003.

• Pages 26-27 from beneficiary's passport showing entry into USA on December 18th 2002, June 21st 2005 and June 17th 2006.

• Used boarding passes and I-94 form from beneficiary's flight to USA in June 2005.

• Used boarding passes and I-94 form from beneficiary's flight to USA in June 2006.

Then in the Proof of ongoing relationship we have the following:

Photographs of petitioner and beneficiary on July 2006 at East End Park Bryan OH for our engagement party and July 2006 at the Imagination Station (park) in Bryan OH, where beneficiary proposed to petitioner.

• Wedding ring receipt for beneficiary. (Petitioner’s name used as customer for US address).

• Wedding ring receipt for petitioner. (Petitioner’s name used as customer for US address).

• Engagement ring receipt for petitioner. (Petitioner’s name used as customer for US address).

• Phone bill showing beneficiary’s calls to petitioner May 2006. (Beneficiary’s mother’s phone bill account used by beneficiary).

• Phone bill showing beneficiary’s calls to petitioner April 2006. (Beneficiary’s mother’s phone bill account used by beneficiary).

• 2 emails from petitioner to beneficiary November 2005 and April 2006..

• Christmas card from beneficiary to petitioner December 2005.

• Valentines Day card from beneficiary to petitioner February 2006.

• Birthday card from beneficiary to petitioner April 2006.

• Christmas card from petitioner to beneficiary December 2005.

• Valentines Day card from petitioner to beneficiary February 2006.

So which of the above does she need to get noterized and who noterizes them?

How much does noterizing cost?

Do they charge per page? Or will it be one price for all that we need noterized?

Further down our timeline, what other things will we need? I know she will need to get a co-sponcer for the I-134 Affidavit of Support. She currently lives with her father and grandma. Her father is not able to work do to his health so he is on benefits and get money for himself and my fiancee. Her grandma still works and does bring in more the $25,000 which is 125% of the poverty line for a family of 4 (herself, dad and grandma together with me). Her grandma said she would be the co-sponcer. She has a job together with social security. I'm not sure what we need to get noterized for this process or what evidence is needed.

I LIKE TO BE THOROUGH. DON'T WANT THIS PROCESS TO TAKE ANY LONGER THAN IT SHOULD (6 MONTHS IS AVERAGE I THINK)!

THANKS EVERYONE!

Phil

as far as I know the only thing that needs to be notarized is the I-134 affidavit of support & you have time to get that-you will definetly need a co-sponsor. I am not sure what it cost to have something notarized, but I believe it is fairly cheap.

your proof of an on-going relationship sounds great but you don't need to send that in with the I-129F(which you probably already know). you seem to know exactly what you are doing so..............just take a deep breath & get ready for the journey. hope you have a smoth one ;)

Edited by irishgirl73

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Phil

Evidence of the relationship as Irish said is not a requirement of filing the I-129F petition. If submitting this evidence dont weigh it down too heavy at this stage, leave that for the interview.

All the best.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
as far as I know the only thing that needs to be notarized is the I-134 affidavit of support & you have time to get that-you will definetly need a co-sponsor. I am not sure what it cost to have something notarized, but I believe it is fairly cheap.

your proof of an on-going relationship sounds great but you don't need to send that in with the I-129F(which you probably already know). you seem to know exactly what you are doing so..............just take a deep breath & get ready for the journey. hope you have a smoth one ;)

YES the I-134 affidavit of support is what needs to be notorized that is needed by you to take to the interview stage so you still have some time for that. My amercian half was taking his to the bank to get it notorized I believe they do it free. If not your fiance has to find a notary who wold do this and they charge - not sure how much though - banks are you best bet I would think :)

And well done Phill you seem to have nearly everything covered :) but as for all the evidence - keep it for the interview just send 1 or 2 items :)

Lina (UKC)

PLEASE REMEMBER TO UPDATE YOUR TIMELINE AS THE STATISTICS ON THIS FORUM ARE CALCULATED VIA THE TIMELINES. PLEASE GO TO: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

WAITING FOR AN INTERVIEW DATE AT LONDON? COME JOIN US HERE: <a

London Interview list

http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map]http://www.frappr.com/visaapplicantsvianebraska/map</a>

Frapper map of the world for those who applied for marriage based visa through Nebraska, It's a good way to actually see where people are, if anyone is near you, send messages to discuss, vent, or share even meet up!!!

27 Feb. 2006: K1 petition sent to Nebraska Service Centre

2 March 2006: NOA1 dated (received in mail on 9 March 2006)

4 May 2006: NOA2!!!!! (DAY 66)

8 May 2006: File Sent to NVC (as stated on email dated 9 May)

24 May 2006: NVC sends our file to London Embassy

8 June 2006: Packet 3 arrives (DAY 101)

25 August 2006: Pack 3 sent to London Embassy registered post

29 August 2006: London Embassy receives my Pack 3 - 9/9/06 pack 4 arrives

SEPT 2006:APPLICATION PUT ON HOLD - WE HAD A FALLING OUT.

MAY 2007:RESUMED THE VISA APPLICATION

6 June 2007: Medical @ 2.30pm - need to get anew GP letter and psychiatric evaluation

7 June 2007: INTERVIEW @ 10am - waiting for new police record letter

3 July 2007: APPROVED/Visa arrives

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Ok, thanks guys!

I've already got all the evidence of having met in the past 2 years and an ongoing relationship already photocopied twice. Once for the copy we're gonna send and the copy that my fiance will be sent to me when packet 3 arrives and she sends the affidavit of support.

Which leads me onto another question.

Her grandma will be her co-sponcer. She makes just over the $25,000 we need to show she earns for 4 people in a house. Just over half she makes with her job, the other half is with Social Security.

Will this be ok?

How can we prove the social security?

Thanks!

Phil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Dont forget the cover page. There are examples in many places. It should tell them what the petition is for and list everything you have included in the package.

June 05 Lisa and I fall in love

15 Mar 06 I-129F received at CSC NOA1

5 Aug 06 NOA2 after 143 days in CSC purgatory

20 Oct 06 Interview Date

16 Feb 07 Denial Letter received

12 Mar 07 Motion to reconsider submitted

10 Sep 07 Motion to Reconsider denied

9 May 08 Lisa and Married in United Kingdom

23 May 08 I-130 filed

Oct 08 NOA-2 received

May 7 09 Lisa's Interview I 601 filed

29 Jul 09 I-601 waiver approved

18 Aug 09 Passport to London Embassy

20 Aug 09 Tickets purchased for 10 Sep 09

WE HAVE FINALLY WON, OUR LONG AND HARD JOURNEY IS COMPLETE!!!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Ok, thanks guys!

I've already got all the evidence of having met in the past 2 years and an ongoing relationship already photocopied twice. Once for the copy we're gonna send and the copy that my fiance will be sent to me when packet 3 arrives and she sends the affidavit of support.

Which leads me onto another question.

Her grandma will be her co-sponcer. She makes just over the $25,000 we need to show she earns for 4 people in a house. Just over half she makes with her job, the other half is with Social Security.

Will this be ok?

How can we prove the social security?

Thanks!

Phil

not sure about the social security..................there must be a way you can get that info. Trust me about the on-going relationship evidence-they won't care about engagement ring receipts until the interview. It is often misunderstood here on vj-but when you initially file, you are just really proving that you have met withing the past 2 years. A few pics & plane stubs are nice, but don't overwhelm them :no: just my opionion

people here are amazing & will answer whatever they can-so ask away!!!!!

Dont forget the cover page. There are examples in many places. It should tell them what the petition is for and list everything you have included in the package.

:yes:

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.