B and C

August 2009 VSC Filers

512 posts in this topic

Grats on the good news Justine!

And best of luck for you Bridget, hope you also get good news soon.

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

ROC Journey:-

05.12.2012 -- Mailed I-751 packet

05.21.2012 -- Check Cashed

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

05.30.2012 -- Biometric notice issued

06.06.2012 -- Biometrics Date (walk-in). Was scheduled for 06/14

xx.xx.2012 -- Card Production Ordered.

xx.xx.2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Little update: Received my Social Security card on Saturday. Applied on march 4th, it was "made" on april 8th (it's the date on the card) and arrived here on the 17.

5oMDm5.png

For the detailed timeline, please click "Timeline" under my avatar and check the "comments".

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

So you applied before you got married, which last name did you use? I still haven't figured out how that works... :blush:

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

I did like the guides here, before I was married. So my social security is on my maiden's name and I'll have to change it. I don't know why the guides instruct to do it that way though, other then to have my "history" recorded, as in they having my name on their records before the marriage, something like that. But as far as I understand, its useless to have it without the work authorization, so maybe I could have waited instead.

5oMDm5.png

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

I did like the guides here, before I was married. So my social security is on my maiden's name and I'll have to change it. I don't know why the guides instruct to do it that way though, other then to have my "history" recorded, as in they having my name on their records before the marriage, something like that. But as far as I understand, its useless to have it without the work authorization, so maybe I could have waited instead.

I think you did the right thing.You are creating a paper trail.And you will have no problems changing it after you marry. Congrats ...woohooo a ss card....

bridget

Timeline

I think you did the right thing.You are creating a paper trail.And you will have no problems changing it after you marry. Congrats ...woohooo a ss card....

Btw...Im sad tonight. I miss my honey so much.I wish i could go to Iraq.Im trying to get our business up and running so i cant leave ,but i miss him so much. He sent me a funny pic .I told him he looked like a farm worker.Lol ,he has on a cheesey straw hat.hehehe...i love him so much.Sorry,I just needed to whine alil...

bridget

Btw, I had to take that document that says that K-1s can have a SSN. If I didn't, I would have been denied applying.

Btw...Im sad tonight. I miss my honey so much.I wish i could go to Iraq.Im trying to get our business up and running so i cant leave ,but i miss him so much. He sent me a funny pic .I told him he looked like a farm worker.Lol ,he has on a cheesey straw hat.hehehe...i love him so much.Sorry,I just needed to whine alil...

I hope you guys get together soon. Don't be shy to share how you feel here, we all understand on our own way how it is.

Hugs to you, hope you are feeling better this morning (F)

5oMDm5.png

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

Yeah don't be shy, Bridget. There was a week when we didn't know anything post-interview that I went a little crazy and was super depressed...have you heard anything at all from your Congress people?

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Timeline

Yeah don't be shy, Bridget. There was a week when we didn't know anything post-interview that I went a little crazy and was super depressed...have you heard anything at all from your Congress people?

Nothing since arround the first week of april.Sucks..Alan is scared in baghdad and wants to leave and go to lebanon. But they want take transfered cases if they have already been interviewed.

bridget

I got our plane tickets! I am flying to Manila on July 2, and we'll fly back together on the 7th. Ticket prices sure jumped a LOT since I flew over in Feb. for her interview. It's getting exciting! :dance:

She is finishing up teaching her final term in China, or she would be her now, lol.

Bruce

Congrats B&C! Does she plan to teach here too?

So sorry about Alen, Bridget. You guys are definitely in my prayers (F)

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Best of luck to you guys, Bridget and Alen. Hope all is good soon!

And yay for the flying tickets B and C! Glad you'll be able to be together at the POE. My first POE as tourist had moments such as me trying to get fries at Mc Donalds at 9am... their breakfast thing sucks! So at least you'll be there and your loved one won't feel more of an alien like I did ;)

As for me, our AOS came back because we wrote the check wrong :bonk:

Sent back already and waiting! The error was the numbers, argh, we wrote 1100 instead of 1010... FAIL

5oMDm5.png

05.15.2012 -- NOA1

Timeline

I got our plane tickets! I am flying to Manila on July 2, and we'll fly back together on the 7th. Ticket prices sure jumped a LOT since I flew over in Feb. for her interview. It's getting exciting! kicking.gif

She is finishing up teaching her final term in China, or she would be her now, lol.

Bruce

Congratulations....Yes ticket prices are so high in the summer.Id give a kings ransom to buy one.Mabe one day we will here those words.Come pick up your visa.Ap sucks....And it makes me so sad that people hate Iraqis so much.I do believe this consulate will hold our ap up as long as possible.Im getting discouraged,it has almost been 5 months of ap.I have been trying to check into getting married in Lebanon.So if this becomes an indefinate wait on our k1.Then we can go ahead and marry and refile.so bummed

bridget

Well I'm pretty much done packing for the trip tomorrow and my POE provided all goes well.. now I need to kill a few hours before I can go to bed and (hopefully) sleep... :clock:

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Timeline

wooohooo kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif happy for you...good luck on ur poe...And be happy happy happy....Life is to shory for anything else...on my news front...no news...still in ap hell....mad.gif

bridget

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.