DanKorn

Residence Question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hoepfully a quick question.

According to tax questions and voter registration and all official mail and forms I still 'reside' at my home address that I have lived since I was born.

After college I moved out and live in an apartment. This apartment is not my 'official residence', even though I live there. I just vote and file taxes at my parents house. I never changed it because I am 26 and moved from apartment to apartment since college ended.

My question is, on the information of my residence should I put my parents address? This is where I 'reside' as far as the government is concerned.

Also, I was reading the sample interview questions and this made me think of where my fiance 'intends to live'. We will live in my apartment, but should I be consistent and mark that she too will live at my 'official residence' ? or at my apartment?

I just want to be sure all is correct. If my residence is officially where I grew up and she puts a different address will this cause problems?

Any one else have this issue or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

According to tax questions and voter registration and all official mail and forms I still 'reside' at my home address that I have lived since I was born.

After college I moved out and live in an apartment. This apartment is not my 'official residence', even though I live there. I just vote and file taxes at my parents house. I never changed it because I am 26 and moved from apartment to apartment since college ended.

My question is, on the information of my residence should I put my parents address? This is where I 'reside' as far as the government is concerned.

Also, I was reading the sample interview questions and this made me think of where my fiance 'intends to live'. We will live in my apartment, but should I be consistent and mark that she too will live at my 'official residence' ? or at my apartment?

I just want to be sure all is correct. If my residence is officially where I grew up and she puts a different address will this cause problems?

Thanks in advance.

Although the parents address may be considered a permanent address and or your mailing address, when they ask for your residences for 5 or 10 years you should be listing all of the addresses where you physically lived not just where you registered to vote.

Married: 02/12/2009

Mailed I130 (Chicago Lockbox): 04/23/2009

I130 Received (Chicago Lockbox): 04/26/2009

I130 Received CSC: 04/30/2009

I130 Processed CSC: 04/30/2009

NOA1 Mailed: 04/30/2009

Check Cashed: 05/04/2009

Touch1: 05/05/2009

Touch2: 05/14/2009Touch3: 05/15/2009 Address change online?

Touch4: 05/22/2009Touch5: 05/26/2009 Called to check on address change, change made over the phone?

Touch6: 08/11/2009 Hopefully beginning to be processedTouch7: 08/12/2009

Touch8: 08/20/2009 RFE !! Response 09/01/2009

Touch9: 09/14/2009 Touch10: 09/21/2009

I130 APPROVED!! 09/21/2009

NVC case # assigned: 10/02/2009

BABY GIRL BORN 10/5/2009!!!

AOS bill generated:10/14/2009 Paid 10/15/2009

DS3032 e-mailed and mailed:10/21/2009

I864 mailed:10/22/2009

DS3032 accepted:11/09/2009

Received checklist letter for missing ds230: 11/09/2009

IV bill generated/paid/IV docs overnighted to NVC: 11/10/2009

IV docs received 11/12/2009

AVR:all docs received: 11/19/2009

SIGN IN FAILED!! 11/28/2009 woot woot!!

CASE COMPLETE!! 11/30/2009

Received Interview Letter: 12/02/2009

INTERVIEW: JANUARY 12, 2010

APPROVED!!! : 01/11/2010 interviewed after medical on 11th

POE JFK : 02/11/2010

If you don't live with your parents, their address isn't your residence (you just get mail there). You live in your apartment so that is your residence. No need to rationalize/over-think it.

If you want-to/need-to use the parents address for mailing purposes, that isn't a problem (usually) but it's not a good idea to say you live there (which is what you'd be doing) when in fact you actually live someplace else. :thumbs:

Edited by Otto und Karin

Timeline
If you don't live with your parents, their address isn't your residence (you just get mail there). You live in your apartment so that is your residence. No need to rationalize/over-think it.

If you want-to/need-to use the parents address for mailing purposes, that isn't a problem (usually) but it's not a good idea to say you live there (which is what you'd be doing) when in fact you actually live someplace else. :thumbs:

Ok thank you. I just want to be sure that any Visa information goes to my mailing address. Shouls I use my mailing address as my 'address' on the I-129 and then use my apartment on the residence part? I just dont trust the mail at my apartment as things have been lost and also it is a small little box and dont want things jammed into it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks in advance.

And let me guess...your have only one pen and it has JUST enough ink to list ONE address and which should it be?

LIST THEM BOTH...list the dates you lived at each address (from...to) The do not verify where your mail came to or what your dirvers lisence says and couldn't possibly care less. No one cares about who is concerned or not, just list your address and employment (hint: education is NOT employment)

LISt each place you have resided for the last five years.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thanks in advance.

And let me guess...your have only one pen and it has JUST enough ink to list ONE address and which should it be?

LIST THEM BOTH...list the dates you lived at each address (from...to) The do not verify where your mail came to or what your dirvers lisence says and couldn't possibly care less. No one cares about who is concerned or not, just list your address and employment (hint: education is NOT employment)

Thanks for the advice...and the sarcasm. I really appreciate all of the help provided by the boards, but why do people have to be so angry. I think we all are here for the same reason and don't need to be belittled.

The little details are things that people perceverate over and I want to make sure that some little detail does not mess up my Visa petition because I am doing it myself.

Thanks again.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the advice...and the sarcasm. I really appreciate all of the help provided by the boards, but why do people have to be so angry. I think we all are here for the same reason and don't need to be belittled.

The little details are things that people perceverate over and I want to make sure that some little detail does not mess up my Visa petition because I am doing it myself.

Thanks again.

And why do "people here" not appreciate a little humor with their valid answers? Sheeesh. I am not at all angry. I sleep with the most beautiful woman in the world every night, how could I be angry?

Good luck.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.