MichaelGhabour

question for all the waiver filers

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

okey, i have a question for ya guys, i filed I-751 with waiver for devorce, through CSC, i live in iowa, and i had recived lately a job offer in florida, but thats a big move and i gotta move there first and leave my gf here until i make sure everything ready for the whole family to move in there with me, so my question is, if tthey ask for interview, they will ask my gf "ex wife" to come to the interivew with me?

do i just wait on the job ?

cuz it will suck #### to go from here to florida and then go back to here just for interview, money wise and work wise, so do i just have to be stuck here for a whole year till they ask for interview? or i just can go or ####### is going on with the waiver of devorce filers?

any one with waiver file have any experince like to share? interviews? or not? ####### is going on?

(20 July 2009) Filed I-751 with waiver for divorce

(25 July 2009) Check Cashed

(22 July 2009) Recived NOA1

(18 Aug 2009) Biomatrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
okey, i have a question for ya guys, i filed I-751 with waiver for devorce, through CSC, i live in iowa, and i had recived lately a job offer in florida, but thats a big move and i gotta move there first and leave my gf here until i make sure everything ready for the whole family to move in there with me, so my question is, if tthey ask for interview, they will ask my gf "ex wife" to come to the interivew with me?

cuz it will suck #### to go from here to florida and then go back to here just for interview, money wise and work wise, so do i just have to be stuck here for a whole year till they ask for interview? or i just can go or ####### is going on with the waiver of devorce filers?

any one with waiver file have any experince like to share? interviews? or not? ####### is going on?

i think u should not move till u get any reply from them .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Wait one sec, you divorced your US spouse and are filing a waiver to remove conditions and however you already have a GF or are you saying she in now your GF but was your ex wife? . Sorry a little :ot: but just seemed weird to me.

I would stay as they do tend to call some waiver filers for interview.

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Filed: Timeline

when you file with a waiver, it is common to get interviewed. You attend the interview by yourself. The USC is not involved in the process. As long as you were married in good faith and not in an attempt to gain permanent residence, you should be fine.

As for moving to another state in the middle of the ROC process, I don't think it's a particularly good idea --- but I have heard of people doing it.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

All depends on the circumstances.

Do you have a stable job right now? If yes, then is the new job offer more attractive? If no, then I would just stay in Iowa and get the GC first. However, if you do not have a job or if the new job offer is too good to miss then you need to decide your priorities.

I filed a divorce waiver petition on May 15th in the morning then went to office and by noon, i was laid off..LOL. :hehe: I am still looking for a job and if i get an offer from any company I am going to accept it. If it happens, I just hope that the jurisdiction office for my case does not change ( CSC right now).This will mean that I will have to file AR11 and notify USCIS to change the address for my case if there is no decision/interview notice yet or in process.

In any case, act pragmatically and cautiously. Good luck! :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.