uniquecouple

During argument or conflict with your spouse/fiance...

42 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone!

it may not be a visa related forum, but it is very much relevant to our individual lives...

talk about how are we handling/resolving the situation of having disagreement, argument and to avoid conflict with our love ones...

sometimes in our marriage or in a relationship, we and our spouses/fiancees have a little disagreements, arguments, and conflict that turns to a big fight that some would abuse their partner verbally that leads them to hit each other physically, which is wrong and most/all of us don't agree...

when my husband and i having a argument, we prefered to be left alone and give each other some times (we call it time out..lol) to be quite, think and calm in order to avoid conflict as much as possible. after a little while, we come back (from being quite), talk about it, apologize and back in each other's arms again and im glad that in one year of our marriage, so we never had any conflict nor will have a fight. however, during this little thing, im quite whereas my husband is a talker one. lol!

what about you....how do you and your partner resolve your arguments?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I do not want to argue and he knows that :star::no:

09/28/08-green card received

1-751

07/02/10-mailed it 2day

07/06/10-they received my application forms

07/13/10-received notice receipt(gc extended for one year)

07/28/10-received biometric appointment

09/23/10 GC approved!!!

9/26/20 Gota pproval notice

10/01/10 GC receivedd

event.png

I never knew how much love my heart could hold until my son called me "MOMMY."

For me, a relationship should be nurtured by both parties with equal efforts. It's not about looking for a solution when a fight happens but preventing any misunderstanding or quarrel to happen in the first place. Both of you must also be "swimmers" so that when one drifts away, the other stays to bring you both back to shore. I am with an amazing man who is very patient and adept at handling all sorts of things. Thanks, God!
17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Timeline
For me, a relationship should be nurtured by both parties with equal efforts. It's not about looking for a solution when a fight happens but preventing any misunderstanding or quarrel to happen in the first place. Both of you must also be "swimmers" so that when one drifts away, the other stays to bring you both back to shore. I am with an amazing man who is very patient and adept at handling all sorts of things. Thanks, God!

i totally agree with what you said...also, relationship is about understanding, accountability and compromise.

glad you found a wonderful man...my husband is an excellent one too. he is matured and very supportive and have taught me everything that makes our marriage more loving as it grows every single day we are together.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are newly married and i must say its really a major adjustment but im happy coz everytime that we have misunderstandings hes patient and would do stuff thats totally hilarious :)

I'm glad for us that we found these exemplary men to share our lifetime with. I can hardly wait to get married. :dance:

Please include me in your prayers. I really want to be with him again soon. We are still waiting for the NOA2. It'll be three months on the 29th since he sent the I-129F on May 29. I'm sure you had your share of the waiting period for the K1 Visa back then.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Timeline
We are newly married and i must say its really a major adjustment but im happy coz everytime that we have misunderstandings hes patient and would do stuff thats totally hilarious :)

misunderstanding between husband and wife is pretty normal and sometimes is ok for as long as you dont mean and withdrawn to each other. we can have little arguments but still loving and respectful with one another.

God bless you and enjoy your married life! :thumbs::star:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

i totally agree with what you said...also, relationship is about understanding, accountability and compromise.

glad you found a wonderful man...my husband is an excellent one too. he is matured and very supportive and have taught me everything that makes our marriage more loving as it grows every single day we are together.

I am also thankful for my husband. Although he is naughty at times, I have learnt alot of good things from him. :D

Arbind.Ariadne you are in our prayers.

Edited by ddartt1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 years (and counting) of marriage - not a single argument or fight... :star:

Nice to hear that from you... :dance::dance::dance:

September whole month of conversation

October 04,2008 - Went to see me in person in the Phils.

October 12,2008 - He proposed to me :D

October 15,2008 - My baby went back to US :(

November 15,2008- Sent K-1 petition

November 24,20008 -NO1

December 17,2008 - Second visit of my baby to Phils.

Jan.02,2009 - Baby went home to US again :(

February 25,2009 - NO2

March 13,2009 - Early medical (failed) :(

March 25-27,2009 - Sputum test

March 31,2009 -Smear negative (thanks God) :D

May 27,2009 - Culture results NEGATIVE :D

May 28,2009 - Interview (PASSED)

May 30,2009 - My baby arrived in the Phils. to bring me back with him to US :D

June 10,2009 - Flight to US, POE Chicago

July 08,2009 - Happily married :D

July 31,2009 -Sent AOS

August 06,2009 - NO1

September 14,2009 - Biometrics taken

September 21,2009 - EAD Production Ordered :)

September 28,2009 - EAD Card Received

October 14,2009 - Green Card (touched)

December 22,2009 - Mailed RFE

January 4,2010 - NO RFE YET :(

January 11,2010 - Received RFE mail from USCIS

January 23,2010 - RFE response mailed

January 27,2010 - USCIS resumed processing

January 28,2010 - Touched

February 02,2010 - Card Production Ordered

February 08,2010 - Green Card received!! :D

i'm a talker in an argument but i'm very lucky to have married a quiet (and very patient) one! when we disagree, i talk and talk and talk and he lets me be. when i get tired, he just hugs me and tells me calmly his point of view. by that time, i'm all ready to compromise. :) it's not a perfect marriage but i know we're perfect for each other.

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

Married for almost 2 years...and we don't have any major arguements. But when ever we have a liitle misunderstanding hubby is the talker and I'm the quite one.

Evelyn

29960_396648778323_615343323_4014936_8258670_n.jpg

Q3b5m7.png

Aug 3, 2006 Sent I-129f in to CSC

Aug 15, 2006 Sent in updated I-129f

Aug 23, 2006 NOA1

Aug 25, 2006 They cashed my check

Aug 30, 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Dec 2, 2006 NOA2 recieved in mail

Dec 12, 2006 I receive that letter from NVC

Mar 22, 2007 St. Lukes appointment

Mar 29, 2007 7:30am Interview

Mar 29, 2007 12pm APPROVED!!! PRAISE GOD!!!

April 10, 2007 Fiancee Arrived!!! WOO HOO!!!

June 26, 2007 Wedding

July 2, 2007 Medical for AOS

July 6, 2007 Sent in AOS (cutting it really close to the 90 days!)

July 8, 2007 USCIS receives i-485

July 16, 2007 NOA1

July 18, 2007 NOA biometrics

Aug 11, 2007 Biometrics appointment.

Oct 11, 2007 Interview

Oct 11, 2007 Green card Approved!!! You cant kick me out now Baby!

Oct 18, 2007 Welcome letter saying Green card is on its way

Oct 22, 2007 2 year Green card arrived!!

TIMELINE-I-751-Oct 11, 2009 GC Expiration

July 8, 2009- Sent 1-751 in to CSC

July 15, 2009- CSC sent back my papers saying its too early for 90 days expiration

July 16, 2009- Resend my papers 85 days before GC expired

July 18, 2009- Arrived at CSC-10:53 am

July 22, 2009- Cashed Check

July 27, 2009- NOA 1 recieved

July 31, 2009- Biometric Notice Recieved

Aug 18, 2009- Biometric Schedule

Sep 03, 2009- Card Production ordered

Sep 09, 2009-Approval letter recieved in the mail

Sep 12, 2009- 10 Year GC recieved

Married almost 2 years. I wouldn't say we ever argued over something. We never hold things back although my hubby is usually the one who asks first if there is anything wrong. I am the quiet, patient one who needs his coaxing sometimes to talk. But we never let the day end without resolve...it just isn't right. Otherwise, he is such a sweet although sometimes "sutil" and "kulit" loving and supportive husband and father. :luv:

12-09-08 - INTERVIEW @ 6:30AM...God be with us! --- APPROVED!!!

12-11-08 - VISAS RECEIVED....YAHOOOOO!!!

04-07-09 - POE: Chicago O'hare

04-28-09 - received SSN's (after having to apply for them personally!!!!)

04-30-09 - Received our 2-year GREEN CARDS

01-07-09 - ROC, here we come!!!

01-18-11 - Mailed out I-751

HPIM3434-2.jpg

enKOm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.