HWANG0926

So do we need to submit I693 with the AOS Process ?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

My fiance has his x-ray from the packet from POE. We just got married and received our marriage certificate & now preparing the documents for our AOS Package. One area of concern is the I693... this is already submitted during POE right?

He had his Medical in Seoul on April 23, 2009.

So, obviously, its less than 1 year old.

I am all confused now with this area....

Timeline:

2/18/2009: Mailed I-129F Form

2/20/2009: NOA 1 Receipt Date

3/20/2009: NOA 2 Notice Approval Date

05/28/2009: Interview APPROVED

7/22/2009 --POE (LAX)-- We are together forever <3

AOS Journey Begins Here ^------^

7/28/2009 -- Applied for SSN & Registered for Marriage License

8/3/2009 -- Civil Ceremony

8/5/2009 -- Received Marriage Certificate via Express Mail. Pass DMV Written Exam & Received Permit

08/11/2009-- Mailed AOS to Chicago, IL

08/17/2009 -- Check clears $1010 USCIS

8/20/2009- Touched ^---^

8/21/2009-- NOA 1 for I-485 and I-765 Hard Copy

08/29/2009-- Received Biometrics Appointment Letter in the mail, dated 08/26

09/03/2009 -- Early Walk In Biometrics Appt (Original Date 09/23)

09/04/2009 -- Touched ^---^

09/29/2009 -- EAD Card Production

10/07/2009 -- EAD Card Received

10/16/2009 AOS I-485 Interview in Los Angeles(APPROVED)

10/28/2009 -- GC in HAND <3

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If his medical is less than a year old all he needs to submit is proof that he now meets the vaccination requirements. He did not have to meet this requirement for the K-1 but needs to show he does for the AOS. He does not need to do a whole new medical exam. The civil surgeon just needs to fill out the vaccination part of the I-693 and can do that based upon the vaccination worksheet from the K-1 medical, from documentary evidence your spouse has that shows when he received the vaccinations, or from blood titer results showing that he has immunity to those illnesses and does not need vaccination/re-vaccination. Many civil surgeons will try to tell you that he needs a whole new medical - he doesn't. Go to another civil surgeon if the first one doesn't co-operate.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

My fiance has his x-ray from the packet from POE. We just got married and received our marriage certificate & now preparing the documents for our AOS Package. One area of concern is the I693... this is already submitted during POE right?

He had his Medical in Seoul on April 23, 2009.

So, obviously, its less than 1 year old.

I am all confused now with this area....

I just submitted few weeks ago my AOS application with my transcribed vaccination record in a sealed envelope after days of finding out more about the i-693. and no problem heard so far. Just make an appointment with a civil surgeon in your area and bring the vaccination record given to your fiance during his medical examination in his home country. Your fiance maybe advised by the doctor to have another shot or 2 of certain vaccination depending on what's recorded in your vaccination worksheet. But insist to never to the entire medical examination again. It is stated on the i-693 instruction that if you are a K non immigrant visa holder, the civil surgeon should fill out only part 1, part 2 of vaccination section only and part 5. You may print the i-693 instruction page and show it to the doctor if s/he insists. Good luck! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.