zariagirl

Picking packet from Lagos consulate

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone! Well, my SO went to the embassy to pick up the instruction packet but was told that due to construction, he would have to direct his enquiry to 'LagosIV@state.gov'. My questions are, has anyone else's SO emailed them for the packet? What was the response? Should I email or call them myself? I'm rather concerned that the clock is ticking. I appreciate any response. Thanks!!!

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-05

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-10

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-06-18

Interview : 2009-12-10 - Denied

----------------------------------

Married : 2009-12-29

I-130 sent : 2011-03-24

I-130 noa1 : 2011-03-30

I-130 noa2 : 2011-07-25

VISA JOURNEY

USCIS Journey

02/23/09 ............I-130 sent

03/27/09.............NOA2

TOTAL 32 DAYS

NVC Journey

04/15/09.............Case # Assigned

07/10/09.............Interview assigned

TOTAL 105 DAYS

Embassy Journey

07/14/09.............Forward the case to Embassy in Dakar, Senegal

09/28/09.............Visa in Hand

TOTAL 80 DAYS

VISA GRAND TOTAL 217 DAYS

US CITIZENSHIP JOURNEY

Conditional Resident Journey

09/29/09.............POE New York PIECE OF CAKE!!!

10/27/09.............2 year Green card received

TOTAL 29 DAYS

Removal of Conditions Journey

07/18/11.............I-751 packet sent

03/23/12............10yr GC Received

TOTAL 249 DAYS

Naturalization Journey

07/03/12.............N-400 packet sent

07/23/12.............Resent N-400 packet (husband FORGOT check!)

08/23/12.............Biometrics done

09/12/12.............Interview letter received

10/16/12.............Interview scheduled

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Welcome to the club Zariagirl. There a few of us in this wait. I have emailed the embassy several times. They only responded once which was to tell me no interview date has been set yet but once one was they would sent out a packet to my fiance. That was on July 27th, which I found out the same day via DOS that they mailed packet 3 July 27th? The link Whidbeygirl gave you is to my last vent, which explains what is going on with my case. You can try to call the embassy but you would probably be wasting your money. I know of two other ladies that DOS advised them there packets were mailed to their fiance's July 21 and July 22. Neither of them to date has received the packets. I heard it takes around 10 days or so to get the packet once mailed out. I think the other two ladies fiance's will be getting their packets first and then we will know how long the wait is from the time the embassies notes they mailed out the packets until received by the beneficiary. The other two ladies that Im referring to are Boundless and Ameriafrican. You can check with them as well for any updates. Also, for a timeline I have been updating my signature. Per DHL the embassy received my petition on June 29th and noted they mailed the packet July 27th-

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Hi everyone! Well, my SO went to the embassy to pick up the instruction packet but was told that due to construction, he would have to direct his enquiry to 'LagosIV@state.gov'. My questions are, has anyone else's SO emailed them for the packet? What was the response? Should I email or call them myself? I'm rather concerned that the clock is ticking. I appreciate any response. Thanks!!!

Yes welcome zairagirl! Yes this link is where we are discussing this issue so join in.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=210089

Timeline

Thanks so much ladies! I will be sure to check out the other thread. This whole thing is just so frustrating, but I guess I just have to keep the faith .

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Zariagirl,

Keep emailing the embassy. I finally got a email from them on Friday July 31st with my fiance's interview date. So they will email it to you once it has been scheduled.

K1 Journey:

Filed: 2009-01-12... USCIS Approved: 2009-06-05... 1st Interview/Admin Review: 2009-09-09...2nd Interview/Approved: 2010-01-27

AOS Journey:

Filed: 2010-05-20... Interview: 2010-11-30... Approved: 2010-12-03... Card Rcvd: 2010-12-18...

Whew! Done!.... Well, for the next two years anyway...

Timeline
Zariagirl,

Keep emailing the embassy. I finally got a email from them on Friday July 31st with my fiance's interview date. So they will email it to you once it has been scheduled.

Oh, that's good! I will keep emailing and will keep you posted too.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
Zariagirl,

Since the interview date is emailed is packet 3 information email or actually mail out to them. I am still trying to make sure the embassy received our information from NVC. NVC said they mailed it out on July 29 .

Timeline
Zariagirl,

Since the interview date is emailed is packet 3 information email or actually mail out to them. I am still trying to make sure the embassy received our information from NVC. NVC said they mailed it out on July 29 .

The packet is actually emailed. Eventhough they will say it was mailed, it was not, you will eventually recieve an email with the forms and interview date. But if inreference to the NVC sending your case out on July 29, it should have been rec at the embassy by now. You can start emailing them but I can tell you it will take about another month to get your packet 3 and interview date, they are slow at that embassy but it will come.

Timeline
Zariagirl,

The packet is actually emailed. Eventhough they will say it was mailed, it was not, you will eventually recieve an email with the forms and interview date. But if inreference to the NVC sending your case out on July 29, it should have been rec at the embassy by now. You can start emailing them but I can tell you it will take about another month to get your packet 3 and interview date, they are slow at that embassy but it will come.

Thanks so much for your answer. I have tried emailing them a few times. But it is not going through. Does anyone know if there email has changed or anything like that . Everytime I email them I get the following message. :

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

LagosIV@state.gov

Timeline
Zariagirl,

Thanks so much for your answer. I have tried emailing them a few times. But it is not going through. Does anyone know if there email has changed or anything like that . Everytime I email them I get the following message. :

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

LagosIV@state.gov

That message means their email is full. They will clear it out soon, I use to get that message sometimes

Timeline

Keep up the good work! I had the same problem, my hubby never did receive his packet and we emailed, lawyer emailed, eventually the senator was involved and ultimately we had just a few days notice for his interview after emailing for two months straight, then my hubby couldn't get in the building because he didn't have the original interview letter. That packet is important so stay on it for sure! I know it's nervewrecking but it will be ok, just keep copies of your emails.

All the Best! :star:

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.