Serendipity_

K3 Family Hangout - Summer 2009

300 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
Hi everyone! Happy birthday to Jen, Wendy & Y!

Wow, it's been a while. Things are moving along pretty well. D received his SS card pretty quickly. He got a job and will start on Monday. He also starts school on Monday. It will be a major change to go from 24/7 to only a few hours a day together. :crying:

We had one major problem last week: We went to take his written test for a CT driver's license and they wouldn't let him. Someone with his name and dob pulled up in the national registry as having a traffic issue in Illinois. We of course explained there was NO way it could be him, showed them the papers, but nothing. We were told we had to get the state of Illinois to send a letter stating that the individual on the list is not my husband.

When I called the IL DMV, I was told that the number listed was an assigned case number, not a DL number. It was explained that the person was most likely an illegal with no DL and no SSN who committed a traffic violation. Oh, and, BTW it was in February of 1999 - over TEN years ago!!!!!!!!!!! They asked me to fax a ton of info, which I did, and am hoping that when we get home from Puerto Rico, the needed letter will be in my mailbox.

I am LIVID about this situation. Since when is it guilty until you prove yourself innocent? And if DHS let him in just a few months ago, shouldn't that indicate to the idiots at the CT DMV, that my Diego is not their traffic criminal???? There is something about this that just really, really bothers me. What do y'all think? I am angry enough that if the letter is not there when I get home, I am thinking about talking to a lawyer.

what a royal pain in the ####! i dont think a lawyer is out of line if you dont have the letter soon. soory that happened, that sucks big time

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi everyone! Happy birthday to Jen, Wendy & Y!

Wow, it's been a while. Things are moving along pretty well. D received his SS card pretty quickly. He got a job and will start on Monday. He also starts school on Monday. It will be a major change to go from 24/7 to only a few hours a day together. :crying:

We had one major problem last week: We went to take his written test for a CT driver's license and they wouldn't let him. Someone with his name and dob pulled up in the national registry as having a traffic issue in Illinois. We of course explained there was NO way it could be him, showed them the papers, but nothing. We were told we had to get the state of Illinois to send a letter stating that the individual on the list is not my husband.

When I called the IL DMV, I was told that the number listed was an assigned case number, not a DL number. It was explained that the person was most likely an illegal with no DL and no SSN who committed a traffic violation. Oh, and, BTW it was in February of 1999 - over TEN years ago!!!!!!!!!!! They asked me to fax a ton of info, which I did, and am hoping that when we get home from Puerto Rico, the needed letter will be in my mailbox.

I am LIVID about this situation. Since when is it guilty until you prove yourself innocent? And if DHS let him in just a few months ago, shouldn't that indicate to the idiots at the CT DMV, that my Diego is not their traffic criminal???? There is something about this that just really, really bothers me. What do y'all think? I am angry enough that if the letter is not there when I get home, I am thinking about talking to a lawyer.

Ridiculous...you have every right to be mad, I would be livid. If you do not have the letter please see a lawyer.

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Timeline

EAD card in hand! :dance:

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

We got an AOS interview appointment letter for my wife. The interview is scheduled for 09/24. I was hoping we would sail through without an interview since we already had one for K3. But no such luck. I guess we can still be thankful that the AOS process is much faster these days and that the wait is nowhere near what it was for K3.

Deepak

06/12/09 - POE at Newark (K3)

07/01/09 - I-485 and I-765 mailed

07/06/09 - USCIS received (date on NOA1)

07/13/09 - NOA1 received for both I-485 and I-765 !

08/08/09 - Biometric appointment

08/25/09 - AOS interview letter notice date

09/24/09 - AOS interview

10/03/09 - Received GC !!

Timeline
We got an AOS interview appointment letter for my wife. The interview is scheduled for 09/24. I was hoping we would sail through without an interview since we already had one for K3. But no such luck. I guess we can still be thankful that the AOS process is much faster these days and that the wait is nowhere near what it was for K3.

Deepak

Great news, Congrats and Good Luck! Time to get all the paper and proof of relationship doc's in order.

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Timeline

Good Morning Everyone!!!!!

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Timeline

great news Deepak! Good Luck on the interview :thumbs:

I hope you get your EAD soon CnT! :(

Wendy,

I just dropped that in the mail to ya...let me know when you get it :D

How's everyone?

Y starts his first "real" day of work today :dancing:

Thanks!

Timeline

I dont know about you, but this made my day!! If you dont know her story, just click her timeline or read the siggy ticker

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=215757&hl=

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi Everyone!

Yeah for Y!!! Today is D's first day of real work too. I have to go pick him up soon. We did get the needed letter and will got the DMV tomorrow (they're not open on Monday- grrr).

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! Anyone do anything exciting? :star:

K3 Interview 05/20/2009

POE Atlanta 05/26/2009

EAD NOA1 06/01/2009

EAD NOA2 08/2009

I-485 Sent 04/07/2010

I-485 NOA1 04/16/2010

Biometrics 04/28/2010 (assigned appt. date is 5/17/10, but we did an early walk-in with no problems!)

I-485 Interview 09/13/2010 (originally set for July, but had to reschedule, since we were in Europe then)

Waiting on GC to come in the mail!!!

.png

Timeline
I dont know about you, but this made my day!! If you dont know her story, just click her timeline or read the siggy ticker

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=215757&hl=

WOW and we thought we had it bad :innocent:

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Timeline

Good Luck to Y and D on their new jobs :thumbs:

*k3 Visa*

*IR Visa*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.