MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Can someone tell me about what kind of timeline to expect for my Biometrics? We're planning a trip to Mississippi for a couple weeks, but won't be leaving until Nov. 8th. I'm guessing that my appt. should be the week of Thanksgiving or the week after sometime. Do you get a letter to tell you when it is, or will I need to call the office to make the appt. myself?

I'm hoping we get a case # on the back of the cheque like we did before so we can track everything...

Thanks for your help.

Mel's biometric appointment was 5 weeks after we submitted the AoS package. It seemed really fast at the time.

Edited by Rob and Mel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not sure if anyone saw this but theres a man making a spreadsheet for October filers and hes keeping it pretty darn uptodate too! mines on there and so is minnews

Spreadsheet

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ah...NDbWc&hl=en

I got the link for the october AOS filers too here so you can add your stats to the sheet if you want, just post down the info andn the guy will stick you into the sheet pretty quickly. =)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...5&start=345

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Can someone answer my questions please.....

1) What are the costs from when you file the AOS/EAD/AP and the ROC

2) When you file the AP what is the average wait time and how long does it take to grant one? and is it only granted to emergency situations or are you able to freely travel for visits?

Timeline
Can someone tell me about what kind of timeline to expect for my Biometrics? We're planning a trip to Mississippi for a couple weeks, but won't be leaving until Nov. 8th. I'm guessing that my appt. should be the week of Thanksgiving or the week after sometime. Do you get a letter to tell you when it is, or will I need to call the office to make the appt. myself?

I'm hoping we get a case # on the back of the cheque like we did before so we can track everything...

Thanks for your help.

Generally they send bio appointment letters a week-2 weeks after the AOS NOA's. Usually you'll get 3-6 weeks advance warning as well. I received my bio letter on September 3rd for an appointment on the 23rd. If you happen to get an appointment while you're going to be away, you can always reschedule. It seems pretty easy, they just want you to send the letter back through the mail and they will reissue you a notice with a new date.

Our cheque didn't have a case number on the back, we had to wait for the NOA's for that.

2) When you file the AP what is the average wait time and how long does it take to grant one? and is it only granted to emergency situations or are you able to freely travel for visits?

AOS/EAD/AP cost $1010, I'm not sure about ROC, I haven't really thought about any of that yet!

AP's are being processed fairly quickly now, so you're probably looking at a little less than 2 months (but that can change anytime). When you apply you should demonstrate to USCIS that you want/need a multiple entry AP, which you can use as many times as you want for whatever you want. You can do this by filling out a supplement to question 7. If you look under example forms --> AOS --> I-131 Supplement Part 7, it outlines it pretty well.

Timeline

ROC is 545$ USD. That includes the biometrics fee.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
Yea!!!!! Duncan got his GC today in the mail! That was FAST!!!!! One week to the day of the interview, and the card is in hand! <sigh> Now, to focus on more important things... such as having a great life together without SO much paperwork (for a couple of years, at least)! :dance:

Got approved yesterday for the GC, it feels good!

We have now a 2-year vacation with NO paperwork! It might feel weird, im so used to gather proofs, fill forms out, wait for USCIS to give us updates, check the mail 3 times a day etc... :)

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

As my interview date gets closer I'm starting to get paranoid! I really wish I didn't stress out about things I can't control.

I've been reading things in the AOS forum lately (which I should avoid, since reading stories just seems to make me worried and stressed out) And I have a couple concerns.

1. I've read some people went to get a TB skin test before having the I-693 transcribed? Whats up with that? Is this just for people who have never had one, or didn't have it before the foreign medical? I had one as a child, which was negative, and it was recorded at my medical in Toronto. So, I didn't need to get another one done, right?

2. I've read a couple people who brought the I-693 from doctor Arnold to the interview and it wasn't accepted since he is out of state. How should I prepare to argue against an IO who tries to tell me this? I can tell him I called several doctors in the area, which I did, but is there any other way to make my case? It seems like this happens in rare circumstances, I'm just worried. I wasn't able to find an willing civil surgeon in my area before, and I probably won't be able to find one after the interview either.

3. Security checks? I recently read a consulate review from here in Denver where the applicant was told they needed to run additional security checks on her before the green card could be issued. Its been 10 months and she is still waiting for an approval. Is this a remote possibility at all consulates, like getting stuck at NVC? I sure hope this isn't a weird Denver habit I need to dodge.

Thanks for listening to me go crazy! :D

Timeline
As my interview date gets closer I'm starting to get paranoid! I really wish I didn't stress out about things I can't control.

I've been reading things in the AOS forum lately (which I should avoid, since reading stories just seems to make me worried and stressed out) And I have a couple concerns.

1. I've read some people went to get a TB skin test before having the I-693 transcribed? Whats up with that? Is this just for people who have never had one, or didn't have it before the foreign medical? I had one as a child, which was negative, and it was recorded at my medical in Toronto. So, I didn't need to get another one done, right?

2. I've read a couple people who brought the I-693 from doctor Arnold to the interview and it wasn't accepted since he is out of state. How should I prepare to argue against an IO who tries to tell me this? I can tell him I called several doctors in the area, which I did, but is there any other way to make my case? It seems like this happens in rare circumstances, I'm just worried. I wasn't able to find an willing civil surgeon in my area before, and I probably won't be able to find one after the interview either.

3. Security checks? I recently read a consulate review from here in Denver where the applicant was told they needed to run additional security checks on her before the green card could be issued. Its been 10 months and she is still waiting for an approval. Is this a remote possibility at all consulates, like getting stuck at NVC? I sure hope this isn't a weird Denver habit I need to dodge.

Did you get your I-693 transcribed yet?

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Timeline

Well i've read a few posts where it was fine with Dr. Arnold too.

I don't think it matters too much, i think they want to have a medical stamp by someone who is certified (or the office at least) and i hope Dr. Arnold is ;)

For the TB test, i understood that as long as you were fine in toronto, that is good then. Otherwise they would have asked you to do it back then.

The i-693 is exactly the same thing as the medical form we got from the medical in toronto but on 5 pages.

I'm sure you'll be fine.

During the past few days before the interview, i re-checked what i had just checked, again and again. Sunday night, i got up at night to check on the date and time because "maybe" i had read monday instead of tuesday for the appointment but no, i was right, it was tuesday ;)

It's the same kind as the k1 interview preparation but you'll be fine, they actually just want to check what is going since you entered. If something was wrong, they would have RFE'd you or delayed your interview date...

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Nope. You're good to go!

That's what you explain and bring your phone notes (stating which doctors you calles and their prices).

Hmmm... that's a new one!

Huggles... beware of the AOS Forum! lolol :whistle:

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Timeline

:lol: Thanks guys! The AOS forum makes me crazy. That's why I prefer staying in here!

I got a call from Dr. Arnold's office today but I was out. By the time I got the message and called back they were already closed for the day. Now I'm worried something is wrong with my paperwork or something...

I swear, this AOS stuff is killing me. Its WORSE than the K-1, in my opinion. At least with the K-1 everything is outlined for you, and you can ask people specific advice about the country/consulate. Being in Denver, there really is nobody around here to ask!

Timeline

Maybe they just want to tell you they mailed your form back to you ;)

K-1
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS

ROC

Naturalization
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA

Timeline

I got my Mail from USCIS ! so now the sms / email i got from them is confirmed My AOS was transfered to CSC for " faster processing " and they will notify me of their decision once it has been made =) woot!

I got my Mail from USCIS ! so now the sms / email i got from them is confirmed My AOS was transfered to CSC for " faster processing " and they will notify me of their decision once it has been made =) woot!

Well I am not sure where I should post. I am Canadian, but entered the States on a K1 from the country I had been living in for 16 years..New Zealand.

We were transferred to CSC as well, for faster processing, That was on July 17th. Still waiting :blush:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.