MapleLeafBaby

AOS'rs...

2,317 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I sent my AOS package in May 28, received my AP a couple of weeks ago and my EAD card last week. Hopefully the process is just as quick for all of you. My file was transfered to California, so fingers crossed that that means no interview. The whole AOS process has been so much smoother and faster than than the K1 process - being together really helps.

But I hear you, Sapphire - I need to start working again, I'm going totally stir crazy!

Timeline

I applied for AOS on June 19, had my biometrics today July 27 - smooth and uneventful, they take a lot of fingerprints and a photo. I received 2 emails, one yesterday that my AP was approved and one today that my EAD was approved. So that was quick. I am happy to get the EAD, because once I have it I can start collecting EI. They transferred AOS application to the California centre, so hopefully no interview...

So the wait seems to be so much faster for this paperwork... I can't wait to have the GC in my hand, it will be great to have permanent status.

The Lord is my strength and my shield,

My heart trusted in Him and I am helped,

therefore my heart greatly rejoices,

and with my song I will praise Him.

Psalm 28:7

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
My goal is to get my package in the mail before September, we'll see how that works out! Its annoying because our officiant is going to mail the marriage license in for us, but that will take a week or two to be processed and recieved. We can't bring it in ourselves because we're leaving for the honeymoon early the morning after the wedding... So hopefully it doesn't take any longer then he says it will.

How long will you be gone for? We're leaving the night of the wedding and doing a 2-3 week road trip around the eastern States. I'm hoping to get as much done for AOS that we can, (forms etc) and then when we get back, hopefully add the marriage license, and anything else we can't get till after we're married. If all goes well, the beginning of Oct. for us. Still within plenty of time before my I-94 would expire.

Sounds like fun! We're going to Disneyworld for 6 days, so not quite as long. I figure that if all goes well the marriage license will be waiting for us when we get back, and if not we probably won't have to wait for more than a week to file. My I-94 expires September 11th, so I'd like to have AOS filed by the end of August-begining of September, but we'll see how it goes. Between the K-1 and the wedding I'm just really done stressing out about things! What will be, will be. I actually filled out all the AOS forms already and it literally took 30 minutes. I just need to do all the photocopying, document gathering, organizing... all the time consuming things.

I applied for AOS on June 19, had my biometrics today July 27 - smooth and uneventful, they take a lot of fingerprints and a photo. I received 2 emails, one yesterday that my AP was approved and one today that my EAD was approved. So that was quick. I am happy to get the EAD, because once I have it I can start collecting EI. They transferred AOS application to the California centre, so hopefully no interview...

So the wait seems to be so much faster for this paperwork... I can't wait to have the GC in my hand, it will be great to have permanent status.

Congrats! It sounds like things are being processed for you really quickly. Maybe you'll need to change your username to, "alreadymoved2" :lol:

Had my biometrics done 2 weeks ago ... they better have enough fingerprints and pictures now because thats all i been doing and they sure took enough at the appointment.... and my case was transfered to CSC a few days before that ... the only thing i found about the AOS is that if i have to do an interview and ya have to get all sorts of "proof" i am having a hard time gathering certain things because EVERYWHERE i need to go to get the proof wants either my EAD or my greencard.. even the bank giving us a hard time getting a joint account because i am not a "resident" even tho i have an account there .. joint lease? no way i don't have a job cause i don't have an EAD so they won't touch me there .. it's going to be a treat if i get an interview

RYCK, if you got trans to CSC, you can pretty much bet the farm...you are not having an interview :) People who get transferred to CSC get automatic GC's....so you are lucky! Don't worry about the proof....you'll kill yourself for nothing :)

N-400 Citizenship

06/27/2014 Mailed N-400 Packet

07/02/2014 Tracking Confirmation Packet Rec'd @ USCIS

Timeline
I sent my AOS package in May 28, received my AP a couple of weeks ago and my EAD card last week. Hopefully the process is just as quick for all of you. My file was transfered to California, so fingers crossed that that means no interview. The whole AOS process has been so much smoother and faster than than the K1 process - being together really helps.

But I hear you, Sapphire - I need to start working again, I'm going totally stir crazy!

Congrats to both of you! I hope I get my EAD shortly after my AOS! I'd love to start collecting EI.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

I have like 6 file numbers, between myself and my son. Do I go in and set up an account to track them all on the USCIS website?

Saphire...I hear ya on the financial independence... I feel guilty spending money on myself...getting my hair done, or even a run to Target. I do use my husbands credit card...but I always feel like if it's just for me...like I need to almost make sure he is ok with it...he's been good...but the guilt is no less :( I had to spend a very large portion of my savings paying off my car before I moved because I couldn't take my loan with me :(

I got my NOA's today, they are dated July 20th...I got 10 in total! Between me, my son and the change of address...

let me know what you guys did to register on line and i'll set it up :)

Thanks guys :)

N-400 Citizenship

Timeline
I have like 6 file numbers, between myself and my son. Do I go in and set up an account to track them all on the USCIS website?

Saphire...I hear ya on the financial independence... I feel guilty spending money on myself...getting my hair done, or even a run to Target. I do use my husbands credit card...but I always feel like if it's just for me...like I need to almost make sure he is ok with it...he's been good...but the guilt is no less :( I had to spend a very large portion of my savings paying off my car before I moved because I couldn't take my loan with me :(

I got my NOA's today, they are dated July 20th...I got 10 in total! Between me, my son and the change of address...

let me know what you guys did to register on line and i'll set it up :)

Thanks guys :)

Go to uscis.gov

click on case status online (left hand side of page)

click on register

Then it should take you to a page where you can create a login and add all of your MSC #'s

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Hey everyone, I am finished gathering my stuff for AOS, mailing it in tomorrow. :)

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-12-16

CHECK CASHED: 2008-12-18

TOUCHED: 2008-12-23

I-129F RFE(s) : NONE

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-04-06

NVC Left : 2009-04-13

Consulate Received : 2009-04-15

Packet 3 Mailed: 2009-04-17

Packet 3 Received : 2009-04-22

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-04-23

Packet 3 Received in Montreal: 2009-04-27

Medical : 2009-04-27

Packet 4 Received : 2009-06-08

Interview Date : 2009-07-08 Approved!

Visa Received : 2009-07-10

US Entry : 2009-07-16

Marriage : 2009-07-24

Comments : Church Wedding and Celebration on November 14, 2009.

Having civil wedding because need AP for trip to Ireland planned December 2009, couldn't risk not being able to go so civil wedding before the church wedding.

AOS, EAD and AP

CIS Office : Dover DE

Date Filed : 2009-07-29

Check Cashed: 2009-08-07

NOA Date : 2009-08-06

RFE(s) :

Received Bio Appt Notice: 2009-08-20

Bio. Appt. : 2009-08-31

AOS Transfer** : 2009-08-24

Interview Date : NONE

AP/EAD Approved: 2009-09-21

AOS Approved:2009-10-02

event.png

Hey everyone, I am finished gathering my stuff for AOS, mailing it in tomorrow. :)

Hey Happycloud...I just noticed you just got married...CONGRATS! How exciting! You're so close to me, we should go out and celebrate! lol :)

Good luck sending in your AOS tmrw!

I really hope we get transferred to CSC....I would hate to get an interview and have to explain the address change after the fact :( I just changed my address with them, and we are moving soon again...

The address they originally had was my husbands old address...but when I get here, he had already moved out and we are living at his dad's place (where I changed my address to)...our house is almost ready and we'll be moving again! if we go for an interview, all of our proof for utilities etc...will be in our house address and not the one I just sent them....maybe they'll be like #######?

Either way, we have access to both mail...and proof of residency for both...i'm sure they'll understand....all of our id's etc...are the same...so at least it shows that we are always together...

I hope they accept the EAD app for my son...it's the only way I can get an SSN for him. I'm not sure if they accept EAD for such a young child. I guess i'll find out...

I guess now, i'm just waiting on my Biometrics notice :)

N-400 Citizenship

I just saw someone's timeline for AOS...

they filed 1st week of June, rec'd in Chicago June 10th... They did biometrics July 7, and rec'd notification for card production on July 28th.... :blink:

Does this mean a GC is being issued with no interview and within 6 weeks???? Holy #######...they didn't even have time to rec've their AP or EAD!

That's amazing! I hope that's how fast things are going and keep going! I also hope my case is not further complicated by the fact that I am also filing for my son...

I would love to have it fly that fast!

N-400 Citizenship

3 in a row....lol...

GOT MY BIOMETRICS LETTER TODAY :thumbs:

My son and I are both scheduled for Aug 21st....but it's 40 mins away from here :( lol....

I thought under the age of 14, they don't do bio? i'll have to go ask on the outter forums...

Either way...i'd have to bring him anyways...I have no one to watch him when I go...

N-400 Citizenship

Timeline
3 in a row....lol...

My son and I are both scheduled for Aug 21st....but it's 40 mins away from here :( lol....

I thought under the age of 14, they don't do bio? i'll have to go ask on the outter forums...

Either way...i'd have to bring him anyways...I have no one to watch him when I go...

That's good news right! Is it the office on Drummond Ave? Or are you going in DE

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

3 in a row....lol...

That's good news right! Is it the office on Drummond Ave? Or are you going in DE

we used our DE address, as the house had not closed when I filed AOS...so I have to go to Dover DE lol..so far!

My mom will be here too! She is coming to visit on Aug 6-23 for my birthday :)

N-400 Citizenship

Timeline

Once your bio appt comes and goes, I have a feeling you'll get approved real quick :yes:

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

I hope so! did you see that I posted someone got GC within 6 weeks? HELLO!?! :blink:

N-400 Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.