JoBri

straight talk about sex

116 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
I hope this isnt too forward a subject, but frankly I dont know where else to talk about this at.

Me and my wife got married in January 2008. The day of our marriage, she was going to go "home" which was 45 minutes away, so she could teach at her school the next day. The only reason she didnt do that is because it affected me so much, on our wedding day, that I cried.

We are together now. To this day I have not seen her naked. When we make love, the lights all have to be out. She wont let me touch her sexually unless we make love, and then only on her breasts. It really affects me....... We go round and round about this.

Is it cultural? Am I an idiot to be so affected? It is affecting our relationship.

Am very serious with this topic.

Thanks

Where did you meet your fiancee? Some women from provinces or small town are conservative type. Knowing teacher in rural areas , they are very conservative. They are timid and shy it is not easy for them to be naked , especially when it is their first time to explore sex in bed. She is uncomfortable... just be patience.... educate her until shyness over come.

But it doesn't mean that a girl came from a remote area, she's shy in sex after few times of their encounter with the husband. I guess that's weird! The first time or second time you'll be in bed with your bf or husband I guess it's understandable to be uncomfortable but few times, I guess you can bare it all and be naughty :devil: . Anyways, to the Op the thing is ask her and talk to her is the only way you will know why she is like that to you.

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this isnt too forward a subject, but frankly I dont know where else to talk about this at.

Me and my wife got married in January 2008. The day of our marriage, she was going to go "home" which was 45 minutes away, so she could teach at her school the next day. The only reason she didnt do that is because it affected me so much, on our wedding day, that I cried.

We are together now. To this day I have not seen her naked. When we make love, the lights all have to be out. She wont let me touch her sexually unless we make love, and then only on her breasts. It really affects me....... We go round and round about this.

Is it cultural? Am I an idiot to be so affected? It is affecting our relationship.

Thanks

Two possibilities:

1) She is inexperienced, and you need to be patient, or

2) She is repelled by you, and married you for a reason other than finding you sexually attractive.

Either way, I don't think either of you were ready to get married yet. Tough situation, with a lot of tough choices ahead for you. It is definitely not cultural. A third possibility exists she may have deep psychologiical issues, and needs professional help.

I think it can be cultural and just because a handful of people from the same country say it is not, may not necessarily be the case. There are cultures within cultures and since I don't know her background and experiences I cannot comment more than I already said.

Uh, have you been to the Philippines lately? Didn't you know that the latest study even shows that Filipinas are gettig younger and younger when they start having sex? Haven't you seen any Filipino movies lately? There was like a sexplosion here dating a couple of years (or a decade) ago. Just because you don't want to believe it does not mean it is not true. Just because Filipinos are still not open to talking about their active sexual life does not mean they are not doing it. I mean no offense, but you need only to walk all over Manila to know that sex is happening with all them 'short-term motel rooms' being rented out and all the sex toys being sold in the streets. I seriously doubt that the rest of the Philippines hasn't caught with the sexual liberation movement yet.

And no, Filipinos are not repressed sexually nor have they ever been. I'm not saying that Filipinos are promiscuous or sex addicts, but they're not so innocent or repressed anymore when it comes to sex either.

Just my opinion and I don't mean to be argumentative. You are entitled to your opinions too, of course.

:thumbs: at least in the city and where i grew up. everyone is curious about sex and have bf/gf soonest they hit "teen".

K1 Visa

01-31-2009 I-129F to USCIS-CSC

02-19-2009 NOA1

03-24-2009 NOA2

06-21-2009 Medical(The Polyclinic, Dubai UAE)

06-28-2009 Interview @ USE AD (approved)

07-01-2009 Visa ready for pick up @ USE AD

07-07-2009 went to pick up my visa (ready 2 fly)

=

09-11-2009 POE-SFO(no questions asked,just a reminder 2 get marry within 90 days)

=

09-28-2009 applied for SSN at Sac., Ca(no hassle)

10-05-2009 received SSN card on mail

11-04-2009 applied for marriage license @ Sacramento County, Ca

11-18-2009 married (marriage certificate on hand-same day)

11-25-2009 I-693 signed by CS(MMR-$70, Vericella-$70, I-693 Form- $15)

=

12-23-2009 mailed AOS to USCIS, Chicago Lockbox (FedEx)

12-28-2009 recvd by USCIS

01-04-2010 check cashed by USCIS

01-08-2010 received NOA1 (I-797C) for I-485, I-765 and I-131

01-11-2010 recvd ASC Appointment Notice for Biometrics

01-25-2010 Biometrics Appointment- West Sac, CA

**alls well @ Biometrics-less than 20 mins.

03-04-2010 recvd notice for AOS interview date

03-04-2010 EAD card production ordered (online notice)

03-08-2010 AP (I-512L) approved-recvd in mail (dated 3/2/10)

03-11-2010 EAD recvd on mail

04-06-2010 AOS interview, APPROVED! Bye USCIS til 2012- Sac, CA

04-15-2010 GC Welcome letter received fr mail

04-16-2010 GC recvd on the mail (Yiihaa!!!)

=

03-08-2012 ROC I-751 mailed to CSC via USPS Priority Mail

03-12-2012 ROC recvd by CSC

03-12-2012 NOA1 (revd on mail 03/19/12)

03-15-2012 ROC check cashed

"Thank you to God and to VJ"

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
The OP should have not used this forum to air his dirty laundry. I imagine this matter to be subject for discussion with Dr. Phil or maybe even with Dr. Ruth!

Anyway, Brian, I believe your wife might not care much for you, unless some traumatic experience befell her in the past. For instance, as you have posted in a previous thread, your wife's parents died in a ferry boat accident when she was very young and this event could have given her a devastating blow in the noggin.

At any rate, you can always file for divorce on the grounds of cruel and inhuman treatment and indignities that make your life intolerable. :whistle:

I concur with everything you said, Linda, especially on the option of filing for divorce. Judging from some of the OP's posts and topics in other past threads, it appears that the relationship may be headed for doom.

Nevertheless, if Brian can discard his qualms about sending money to his wife's relatives in the Philippines, the missus might think twice about her aloofness to having sex. :whistle:

Thanks for all the replies. Actually I dont give a rip what anyone thinks of me posting here. It is of concern to me and I decided ahead of time I would take the helpful remarks and be thankful that based on some remarks I dont have to tolerate the people I would not wipe my butt with.

Will take all into consideration.

This is the end to the massages I will receive on this thread. Again, thanks for the helpful comments.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

is it too late to suggest getting her drunk? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
is it too late to suggest getting her drunk? :unsure:

thanks for starting my day with a laugh lol! :D

My son named Zac

"My son's smile makes my day complete"

zac-1.jpg

VErqm5.png

MY K3 TIMELINE purple4.gifVid of how I prepared my interview documents purple.gifPapers that I brought on my USEM interview

AOS TIMELINE

06.17.2010 - submitted our papers

06.19.2010 - papers arrived at Chicago lockbox

06.24.2010 - Check cashed

06.28.2010 - NOA1 Hardcopy received (9 days from the day they got our papers)

07.05.2010 - Received Biometrics Schedule (July 26)

08.05.2010 - Biometrics done! (had to re-schedule from 7/26 to 8/5)

08.13.2010 - Got my interview letter

08.20.2010 - EAD card on production

09.06.2010 - Got my EAD Card (62 days)

09.07.2010 - Applied for SSN

09.14.2010 - SSN Card received

09.16.2010 - Interview schedule (APPROVED)

09.20.2010 - Welcome Notice Received ("Welcome to the USA")

09.25.2010 - 10 yr Green Card received! (98 days)

Filed: Timeline
Thanks for all the replies. Actually I dont give a rip what anyone thinks of me posting here. It is of concern to me and I decided ahead of time I would take the helpful remarks and be thankful that based on some remarks I dont have to tolerate the people I would not wipe my butt with.

Will take all into consideration.

This is the end to the massages I will receive on this thread. Again, thanks for the helpful comments.

Maybe some of here would not believe and think it is weird.... but i have an office mate in the province that even up to this time... she doesnt like the lights on when they make love. She is uncomfortable... she doesnt like that his husband would see her naked body. Her reason is... she has no beautiful body... she is so insecure. And believe it or not.... she told us that she never , never see his husband bird ( vice versa ). They are married for 12 years , could you immagine that?

There are really cases like this in some filipina ladies in remote areas. So, maybe... better explore her to the world of wilderness slowly until she use to it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Am I an idiot to be so affected? It is affecting our relationship.

NO, you're not an idiot, INTIMATE is normal and very IMPORTANT in marriage. it is one of the thing to express your love to her and to be more close emotionally. without it you are living with your sister or relative. :innocent:

Yes I agree with lotus. It's really a very serious thing and being intimate to a partner is important to a relationship especially to a husband and wife, I don't want to to be mean but if she doens' want to be touched by you unless your having sex don't you think her feelings towards you isn't that strong? :blush:

I don't want to to be mean but if she doens' want to be touched by you unless your having sex don't you think her feelings towards you isn't that strong?

Personally I don't believed with this line, because I also sometimes doesn't want to be touch by my husband when I am concentrating something, but it doesn't mean I don't love my husband because I do very much, it's just not in a right time when he do such :blush:

OP, give her time, maybe she is just stress on her job, talk to her about it, problems always has a way to be solve, :D Why not try to be sweet and ask her to go shower with you. (naked) :dance::dance:

September whole month of conversation

October 04,2008 - Went to see me in person in the Phils.

October 12,2008 - He proposed to me :D

October 15,2008 - My baby went back to US :(

November 15,2008- Sent K-1 petition

November 24,20008 -NO1

December 17,2008 - Second visit of my baby to Phils.

Jan.02,2009 - Baby went home to US again :(

February 25,2009 - NO2

March 13,2009 - Early medical (failed) :(

March 25-27,2009 - Sputum test

March 31,2009 -Smear negative (thanks God) :D

May 27,2009 - Culture results NEGATIVE :D

May 28,2009 - Interview (PASSED)

May 30,2009 - My baby arrived in the Phils. to bring me back with him to US :D

June 10,2009 - Flight to US, POE Chicago

July 08,2009 - Happily married :D

July 31,2009 -Sent AOS

August 06,2009 - NO1

September 14,2009 - Biometrics taken

September 21,2009 - EAD Production Ordered :)

September 28,2009 - EAD Card Received

October 14,2009 - Green Card (touched)

December 22,2009 - Mailed RFE

January 4,2010 - NO RFE YET :(

January 11,2010 - Received RFE mail from USCIS

January 23,2010 - RFE response mailed

January 27,2010 - USCIS resumed processing

January 28,2010 - Touched

February 02,2010 - Card Production Ordered

February 08,2010 - Green Card received!! :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
:wow:

I thought this was a joke. Why oh why would people post such personal stuff online??? Come on!

don't be judgemental! :bonk: or else i'll tell everyone about your love affair with

starbucks coffee!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Timeline

Why not? ,it's his personal life and it's his choice; and he have the right to express or ask any advice here as long as he is comfortable with it.. unless there is a rule about it on Not to post such a personal issue.

the o.p. post his personal issue because he's wondering and wanted to know if the behaviour of his wife is normal or there might be something to do with the cultural thing. he didn't critized his wife.

I don't think his wife was exposed too much,,,he didn't even post her picture here. not even a name.

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Why not? ,it's his personal life and it's his choice; and he have the right to express or ask any advice here as long as he is comfortable with it.. unless there is a rule about it on Not to post such a personal issue.

the o.p. post his personal issue because he's wondering and wanted to know if the behaviour of his wife is normal or there might be something to do with the cultural thing. he didn't critized his wife.

I don't think his wife was exposed too much,,,he didn't even post her picture here. not even a name.

It is just not very adult behavior, to expose your sex life online. Really, are you THAT thick? :rolleyes:

Filed: Other Timeline

It is just not very adult behavior, to expose your sex life online. Really, are you THAT thick? :rolleyes:

I'm not sure by that,,,but if you think his post is too much for you're taste, I guess you should stop coming and reading his post. ( his post are for adults only) :devil: edit:

Edited by lotus101

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

I'm not sure by that,,,but if you think his post is too much for you're taste, I guess you should stop coming and reading his post. ( his post are for adults only) :devil: edit:

You poor, poor "woman".... :rofl: -- apparently you were not raised within the limits of good manners and composure. Oh well, some are raised by wolves.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.