Jooey

AOS initial interview scheduled but I-130 not approved yet

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I have been reading tons of information on this forum, and I would like to thank you all for that great source of information.

I am posting a question since I could not find any threads answering it.

My wife and I filed concurrently the I-130 petition and I-485 Adjustment of Status application on May 27th. We also requested the EAD and advance parole at the same time.

Everything is going well so far since we received the NOA letters for every case, a few days only after we sent the package to Chicago. I had the biometrics appointment in Pittsburgh on June 19, and I recently received my EAD card and Advance Parole document. I also received the interview letter, which schedules the initial interview on Aug 11 (only 2.5 months after sending the package!) in Pittsburgh.

However, I am quite surprised that the interview has been scheduled before the approval of the petition (case still pending according to the online case status service, and my wife did not get any approval notification letter for the I130), and I would appreciate if someone in the same situation could share his comments about that.

Also I am wondering whether the interview officer has an access to the documents given along with the I130 petition as proof of a bonafide marriage.

Our relationship is quite special since I my wife and I do not live in the same city right (I plan to move to Chicago in Ocotber though). However we have tons of document proving that our marriage is real.. but it maybe very useful for us to know if there is a probably that the officer did not to take a look at that before the interview begins.

Thanks a lot for your help!

We also filed the same documents, and had our interview this past Monday. Our I-485 has been approved for CR1 and we received the email stating "Card Production Ordered", but the I-130 still shows pending! Its just the way it goes. Our I-130 has shown pending the entire time our papers were there. We filed in March! I think that is pretty standard, don't worry!

Hi everyone,

I have been reading tons of information on this forum, and I would like to thank you all for that great source of information.

I am posting a question since I could not find any threads answering it.

My wife and I filed concurrently the I-130 petition and I-485 Adjustment of Status application on May 27th. We also requested the EAD and advance parole at the same time.

Everything is going well so far since we received the NOA letters for every case, a few days only after we sent the package to Chicago. I had the biometrics appointment in Pittsburgh on June 19, and I recently received my EAD card and Advance Parole document. I also received the interview letter, which schedules the initial interview on Aug 11 (only 2.5 months after sending the package!) in Pittsburgh.

However, I am quite surprised that the interview has been scheduled before the approval of the petition (case still pending according to the online case status service, and my wife did not get any approval notification letter for the I130), and I would appreciate if someone in the same situation could share his comments about that.

Also I am wondering whether the interview officer has an access to the documents given along with the I130 petition as proof of a bonafide marriage.

Our relationship is quite special since I my wife and I do not live in the same city right (I plan to move to Chicago in Ocotber though). However we have tons of document proving that our marriage is real.. but it maybe very useful for us to know if there is a probably that the officer did not to take a look at that before the interview begins.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Kimberly Troth

Details

Met online Dec 2007

Started talking online (Xbox) 02/15/2008

Came to US to meet 08/29/2008 (return home date was 11/14/2008)

Got engaged 10/05/2008

Got married at sunset on the beach 11/01/2008

7fdc6d7397.png

I-130/765/485

02/27/2009 sent papers Usps to Chicago Lock Box

03/07/2009 received NOAs dated 03/04/09 (130 & 765 show online 485 does not)

03/13/2009 received biometrics appt notice for 03/27/2009

03/27/2009 biometrics appt @3pm (in & out in less than 20 minutes)

04/16/2009 Received pink notice of medical exam needed

04/17/2009 Had medical exam done by Civil Surgeon (have to return on Tuesday 04/21/2009 forResults)

04/24/2009 Papers delivered to Lees Summit (MSC) :o)

05/07/2009 Received email from CRIS that EAD card has been ordered & should arrive within 30 days

05/08/2009 Received email from CRIS that EAD Approval Notice was sent

05/09/2009 Received EAD card in mail YAAAAAY

05/12/2009 Applied for Social Security Card

05/15/2009 NOA received with I-485 interview date 07/20/2009

020b50f4b0.png

07/20/2009 AOS Interview in Orlando FL

07/21/2009 Email received " Card Production Ordered " YAAAAY 139 days!

07/24/2009 Welcome letter received! & Approval of I-130 also received! Yaaay

08/04/2009 Green Card received! Hoooraaaaay!!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

We are in a similar situation, we have our interview tomorrow in Los Angeles, AP was received today and EAD card production was ordered BUT the I130 doesn't even show online with USCIS (we do have NOA1 for it). I'm trying not to worry and hope that at our interview tomorrow it won't be an issue and just be a matter of it not showing online.

Amy & Ryan

Met April 22, 2007 on Serenade of the Seas during Panama Canal cruise

Married May 09, 2009 in Fabulous Las Vegas

06/29/09 Mailed AOS Package to Chicago Lockbox

07/02/09 USCIS Signed for package

07/08/09 First NOA's for I-130, I-485, I-765 & I-131

07/10/09 USCIS Cashed checks

07/13/09 Biometrics letter generated

07/19/09 Biometrics letter received, appointment set for 07-28-09

07/23/09 Early Biometrics appointment (walk-in) at USCIS Goleta, CA office

07/29/09 Received Notice of Interview Date, set for September 01, 2009 in Los Angeles

08/31/09 Received AP (two of them)

09/01/09 Interview in Los Angeles - APPROVED! Yay! Card production ordered

09/05/09 EAD received

09/12/09 Green card received in the mail!

Start to Finish only 76 days!

06/06/11 Mailed I-751 Package to California USCIS

06/09/11 First NOA for I-751

08/05/11 Biometrics appointment at USCIS Oxnard, CA office

10/19/11 Received email and text that card production was ordered

10/20/11 Received email and text that application had been approved

10/25/11 Received NOA in mail regarding approval and card production ordered

10/26/11 Received Green Card in the mail!

Start to Finish 142 days!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.