Puffy Khan Sabi

" HUSBAND " VISA ??? IS THERE SUCH A THING ???

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
What visa are you pursuing, if any? Are you married to your Jamal? Your profile does not state if you're applying for a K-1 fiancee or IR/CR spousal visa. In either case, the only thing that exists is an expedite for medical reasons, but you have to have filed the visa petition already. Have you done so? Whatever you're being told 'by more than one person' is incorrect. There is no such thing as an American Embassy in the US, because Embassies/Consulates are diplomatic posts of the US in foreign countries.

It sounds like you're a little unclear about the whole immigration process. Have you read the "Guides" available on this site...the offer a wealth of information and are the best starting point for you to know what options are available to bring your loved one to live with you.

Good Luck.

LOL, The pic is fantastic !!! It is exactly how I feel !!!

Carole (Puffy) Khan Sabi - " Don't let what people say bother you because the people that matter don't mind and the people that mind don't matter ." :)

Extreme medical situation is very subjective.

So don't be rely too much on that one.

In U.S., you can file the petition - I assume, I-130, since you are married - for your husband to USCIS.

USCIS will review your petition case, then if they approve it, it will be moved to National Visa Center, which is a part of US State Department.

Then it will be forwarded to US Embassy, where your husband live, or have jurisdiction for the location of your husband living area.

So it will be taking from 6 months to 2 years for most cases.

If you can travel to his country, another option you have is filing I-130 through Direct Consular Filing at US Embassy with your medical condition info.

If your husband country's US Embassy allows DCF, it will make shorter if you have all information/documents ready.

They will go through security check, but since all other stuffs will be handled from same place, it may take usually 2~3 months for whole process.

But some US Embassy will take DCF, but others don't.

Check Above "Guides" tab, and you will find most of information from there.

Since you are married, you should check I-130 for his immigration visa.

Remember that we are talking about "immigration" visa, which will be converted to Permanent Residency when he arrive in U.S. soil.

If you are interested in Visitor visa for temporary stay, it's another story, but since you are married to him, it may not be easy.

Most of visitor visa has to prove "non-immigrant" intention, and since he is already US Citizen's spouse, they will assume that he has immigration intention.

So proving otherwise is always big challenge.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
That a wife who is sick has a right as an American citizen to have her husband by her side ... I AM SICK ...... not acutely, but chronically and I am having a horrible new PAIN problem that hasn't been diagnosed yet ...

Sorry, immigration is a priviledge not a right. Why haven't you been to the doctors for that pain? My limited readings, especially concerning the country involved, it is very doubtful you would get an expedited visa. You have to apply and wait like everyone else. You CAN go there and have him with you.

Again, sorry.

Thanks for your response ... I HAVE been to the doctors and have new appointments coming ... I CANNOT live there ... I WAS there and the heat alone , with my medical conditions made it unbearable to stay ... Also, and MOST important is they do not carry my medications in Morocco. We tried very hard to get it while I was there a month ago. They do NOTTTTTTTTTTT have it ... I don't consider myself any more special than anyone else, but quite a few people have told me he CAN come be with me because I am ill ... I love my husband, and would be willing to live ANYWHERE he is ... but this medicine need makes that impossiible for now .

"Quite a few people" who are telling you this are grossly misinformed. He cannot get a visa simply because you are sick. The best he could hope for is for your petition to be expedited for "humanitarian" reasons. If your illness is chronic but not immediately life threatening, then your request for an expedite will probably not be granted. In order to get urgent processing, your medical condition would have to be urgent.

How long it takes to get a visa will depend on a lot of factors. The four USCIS service centers that process CR1 petitions have widely different processing times right now. The Visa Journey timelines are showing very long times to get a petition approved at the Nebraska and Texas service centers, but there are also only a handful of cases at either of those service centers, so it only takes one or two very slow cases to skew the averages. The California service center is averaging 117 days (according to the VJ timelines), while Vermont is averaging 205 days. Let's split the difference, and say it's going to take about 161 days for your petition to be approved. Once approved, your petition goes to the National Visa Center, and ultimately to the US Embassy in Casablanca.

The average length of time it's taking from the approval of the petition to the foreign spouse interview in Morocco is currently 152 days (again, according to the VJ timelines).

So, that's a total of 313 days, or about 10.5 months. Does that sound like a long time? Hang on - we're not done.

Your husband may not be approved at the interview. Much depends on the evidence he presents, and much of this must be provided by you. They may ask for more evidence, or they may deny the visa outright and send the petition back to USCIS with a recommendation that it be revoked. This could add as much as a couple of years to your wait time, and may not even be successful after all that.

On the other hand, your husband's petition may be approved. Depends on how well prepared you are when you submit his petition, how well prepared he is at the interview, and what (if any) red flags there are in your case. Are you significantly older than your husband? This raises red flags at the embassy in Casablanca. Apparently, it's unusual in Moroccan society for a woman to marry a much younger man. I don't know - this is just what I've read here.

Anyway, if he does well at the interview and the visa is approved, you can look forward to a period of additional processing (AP) while they do security checks on your husband. How long this takes depends on whether his name comes up in any security or terrorist databases. A few weeks to several months or more is not uncommon.

The best thing you can do at this point is to educate yourself. The more you know, the better prepared you'll be when you submit your petition, and when he goes for his interview. If you rush ANY part of this, you're bound to make mistakes that could not only result in the visa being denied, they could result in your husband being banned from the US. Take your time, study the guides, read the forums, use Google, and when you're finally ready - submit your petition.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yea i think u need to be dieing to get that its sad but true so inless u have like 5months to live and have prove of that u have to wait.

12/28/2007-- Married in mexico

02/2/2009- Sent out I-130

02/06/2009-Noa1

04/27/2009-Noa2 Approved :)

05/02/2009-noa2 Hardcopy in the mail :)

05/18/09- Nvc case number and Ds-3032 also paid Aos bill

06/16/2009- paid IV bill

07/20/2009- sent out Aos ( yea I paid everything now im sending it. I was out of town with my hubby for 2months Thank God they let us pay online now only if we could send everything else online lol )

07/30/2009- Sent out DS-230

08/12/2009- Case Complete with NVC

09/01/2009- Visa interview has been scheduled for 10/05/2009. Letter by email.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I think that the response that Jim gave to you is written quite well. I know you are a smart lady Puffy so look carefully at all your options and pick the best one for you. Take care of your health also and make that a priority in your life because you need all the strength you can get when you start with your visa journey. Mahboula, another vj participant and I wish you the best and know you will make the right choices with your husband.

Oct 28,2006 Met online in Yahoo messenger
Dec 2,2007 Traveled to Morocco and decided to stay
Jan 7,2008 Got married in Zaio
Mar 2,2008 Got my Moroccan residency
Oct 23,2008 Direct Consular filed at consulate
Oct 31,2008 Got interview call for Dec 22nd
Nov 11,2008 Medical exam done
Dec 22,2008 Interview and got approved
Dec 23,2008 Visa issued, thanks to God
Jan 20,2009 Flew home to Texas.
Jan 21,2009 Living and working in Los Fresnos, Texas
Oct 30,2010 Filed I-751 Lifting of Conditions
Nov 2, 2010 NOA1
Dec 10,2010 Biometrics
Mar 23,2011 Approved Lifting of Conditions
Oct 28,2011 Filed N-400 Naturalization
Nov 02,2011 NOA 1
Nov 28,2011 Recd text/email placed inline for interview schedule
Dec 01,2011 Recd text/email interview scheduled,pending letter
Jan 10,2012 Interview Date
Jan 10,2012 Interview Cancelled and will be rescheduled per
USCIS as Farid can only interview after Jan 20th
Feb 23,2012 Citizenship Interview Date-Farid passed. Wohoo
July 6,2012 Oath Ceremony-McAllen Texas

March 20,2013 Petitioned for Momma

March 9, 2015 Momma arrives in Texas to live with us.

January 30, 2016 Momma leaves back to Morocco for a visit.

Filed: Other Timeline

If the USC can prove a serious medical condition, an expedite can be granted. There are a few USC members in this community who have received such expedites.

A single approval for expedite does not follow the case through to completion. If you want to keep it 'moving' ahead of others you have to ask for expedites at each step, i.e. at the Service Center; at NVC; and at the consulate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

National security out trupmps one american citizens health, and with things going to fbi, dos and other agencies and back again. Security checks will take time.

Inshallah lean on your people and family here, dont put all your emotional eggs in one basket.

talk to him everyday or every other day. phone computer and etc.

Make plans for your future, get your mind off your health.

take it easy and get rest

duas

CShah

august 2004 I-129 filed (neb)

DEC 2004 Approved

interview: SEOUL

MArch 21st , 2005AR for special security clearance,washington

May 18th tranfer case from Seoul to Islammabad

June 21st security clearance done

June 28th online at the embassy in Islamabad

waiting for paper transfer and the good word

OCTOBER 14TH 2005 Interview Number 2: ISLAMABAD, PK

AR number 2 sent to DOS per Islamabad (2 cable request)

Nov 22 okd updated financial and etc proof accepted / embassy waiting for security cables

dec 20th one cable back waiting on 2nd

Jan 17th.. good word recieved. SECURITY CHECKS ALL CLEAR!!! DOS says embassy to contact him within two weeks!!!!!!

FEBRUARY 10th, 2006 VISA RECIEVED!!! They called him In via phone, stamped his passort and sent him on his way!!!

FEB 28th WELCOME HOME>>>POE CHICAGO did not even look at xray, few questions. one hour wait at Poe

march 10th marriage (nikkah at the islamic center)

aug 2006 AOS interview, cond 2 yr GC arrived september

June 2008 applied for removal of conditions on permant residency aka awaiting for 10 yr greencard

Dec 2008 10yr green card approved, no interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.