ashbibinyc

A question about the Declaration of metting in person

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey folks

i do hope you can help. in this declaration we write, do we tell them when we first met or the last time we saw each other??

i am lucky enough that my other half works part time in London so i get to see him a lot. what do you reckon????

thanks so much in advance

Ash :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Hey folks

i do hope you can help. in this declaration we write, do we tell them when we first met or the last time we saw each other??

i am lucky enough that my other half works part time in London so i get to see him a lot. what do you reckon????

thanks so much in advance

Ash :thumbs:

Doesn't matter as long as you met in person within the last 2 years of the filing of the petition. If you met more than once, pick one that you have the most backup information/proof of or list them all.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Chile
Timeline

You mean in the form? There is so little space to write, but they say you can attach extra pages, I didn't, I just wrote briefly how we met, and how we are handling the situation of been apart. And wrote"see attached pics for details".

Our Timeline:

11/1999 - We met in Ecuador

02/05/00 - Relationship started

09/08/06 - Engaged & Pregnant!

03/13/08 - I filed for Citizenship

07/22/08 - Became US Citizen

08/02/08 - I-129F sent

08/13/08 - Case received by VSC

08/16/08 - NOA1

08/18/08 - Touched

12/18/08 - Touched again exactly 4 mos. after 1st touch!

12/18/08 - Noa2 @ 3PM-Gracias Dios Mio!

12/24/08 - NVC sent pckg. 3 to Embassy

01/02/09 - Pckg 3 rcvd. by Embassy

01/09/09 - Pckg 3 from Embassy received by beneficiary

02/09/09 - Medical exam

02/16/09 - Sent back checklist and docs required by embassy.

03/13/09 - We will fly to see Daddy Gary

03/16/09 - 1 PM Interview (Pray God he gets visa)

03/16/09 - 5PM INTERVIEW PASSED WOOHOO. Thank God.

03/25/09 - Visa on hand! he went to DHL office after phone call received.

04/18/09 - My Cuchi came, (NYC)a wonderful unbelievable moment!:)

04/20/09 - We applied for marriage licence. (Township Municipal Bldg Health Dept.)

04/23/09 - Licence on hand

04/29/09 - Applied for Social Security (He was in system!)

04/30/09 - Wedding day!!! Yeeebaa

05/07/09 - SS card in mail. "valid for work only with DHS authorization"

05/13/09 - Sent AOS paperwork.

06/16/09 - Biometrics Apptmt.

06/25/09 - EAD Card in mail!

06/26/09 - Letter saying case transfered to Cali.

08/08/09 - Residence Card in Mail! Yuuupiiiiiii.

THE END FOR 2 MORE YEARS.

I don´t need patience if I have love. Ah I que Viva mi Guayaquil Carajo!

-Cuchita-

Filed: Timeline

You should tell first, how you two met, then continue writing until today how you guys kept meeting (just to make it short: like went back there, talking through msn, phone)

-February 17th, 2009 I-129F application sent

-February 19th, 2009 I-129F arrived in Vermont

-February 26th, 2009 received NOA1

-June 30th, 2009 NOA2 approved

-July 29, 2009 Medical exam passed

-September 3, 2009 Interview passed!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
You should tell first, how you two met, then continue writing until today how you guys kept meeting (just to make it short: like went back there, talking through msn, phone)

Talking through MSN or phone calls is useful for 'front loading' the petition with evidence of an ongoing relationship, and can help with some of the tougher consulates, but they don't prove you've met in person. They actually prove the opposite. If you're dealing with a high fraud consulate, and you want to take advantage of question 18 on the I-129F to add some additional evidence for the consulate stage, then by all means include anything that will help, but don't count on this as part of what is actually needed to answer question 18. Don't add that other stuff until you've included sufficient evidence of actually having met face-to-face; boarding passes, visa stamps, hotel receipts, any 3rd party document with both names on it (receipts, tickets, etc), and photos. Once you've satisfied the basic requirements of proving you've actually physically met each other, then feel free to add any additional evidence that will help at the consulate stage.

For the London Embassy (which I assume is the OP's interview location), none of that extra evidence will likely be needed. Just provide evidence that proves you've met.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.