Emily and Gareth

Where and who carries out the medical??

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi,

We have just recently received our NOA2 and I was just wondering if anyone can give me any information on the medical and police clearance processes.

1. Is it my normal doctor who carries out the examination or a specific nominated doctor?

2. How is the police clearance obtained?

3. How much does the medical and/or police clearance cost? (I know this will depend on country but a general idea would be great)

Thanks very much for your help in advance!

K-1 Visa Timeline

{April 3 2009 }-- Mailed packet to CSC via Priority Mail

{April 6 2009 }-- Received at CSC

{April 7 2009 }-- Cheque cashed

{April 8 2009 }-- NOA1 issued

{April 12 2009 }-- NOA1 Received

{July 15 2009 }-- Touch!

{July 15 2009 }-- Touch was the NOA2!

{July 28 2009 }-- NVC Received Case

{Aug 10 2009 }-- Packet 3 sent

{Sep 24 2009 }-- Called Department of State to check if Packet 3 was received in London - It was

{Sep 29 2009 }-- Called Department of State again to see if appointment date was Issued...it was!

{Oct 12 2009 }-- Going to have Medical in London

{Oct 16 2009 }-- Interview in London - Asked for a Police Clearance Certificate from Australia

{Oct 23 2009 }-- Sent away for Police clearance

{Nov 20 2009 }-- Received Police Clearance certificate

{Nov 24 2009 }-- Embassy Courier Collected Police Clearance and Passport

{Nov 30 2009 }-- Passport and Police Clearance qualified by Embassy

{Dec 8 2009 }-- Visa Issued

{Dec 10 2009 }-- Visa received in Belfast!

{Dec 14 2009 }-- Went through Immigration in Dublin and arrived in Indiana!

{Dec 21 2009 }-- Married 1000 Feet up in the air at the Stratosphere hotel in Las Vegas

AOS Timeline

{Apr 1 2010 }-- Sent AOS, EAD and AP package

{Apr 12 2010 }-- NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

{May 12 2010 }-- Biometrics Appointment

{June 9 2010 }-- Received Email that EAD card had been ordered

{June 9 2010 }-- Received Email that AP had been approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hi,

We have just recently received our NOA2 and I was just wondering if anyone can give me any information on the medical and police clearance processes.

1. Is it my normal doctor who carries out the examination or a specific nominated doctor?

2. How is the police clearance obtained?

3. How much does the medical and/or police clearance cost? (I know this will depend on country but a general idea would be great)

Thanks very much for your help in advance!

You would probably get better info specific to your country in the Europe & Eurasia regional forum. Post there and I bet fellow members from Ireland can get you the best answers.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It will be a specified doctor, only civil surgons can do it, you will be able to find out who exactly will do it from your consulate review or on the european board. As for cost, it varies not only by country but also by the doctor. The one I am going to the medical costs $275, but theres another near here that is $215..however on the west coast here the medical is $350, so it does vary greatly. Same with the costs for the police record, anywhere from $15-70 depending on the place and if its rushed or not. We can get them through our police department, just have to go in and ask for a Canada wide police check, not sure about the procedure for Ireland, again, its best to talk to people from your own country or visit the Embassy Info link up top.

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
It will be a specified doctor, only civil surgons can do it, you will be able to find out who exactly will do it from your consulate review or on the european board. As for cost, it varies not only by country but also by the doctor. The one I am going to the medical costs $275, but theres another near here that is $215..however on the west coast here the medical is $350, so it does vary greatly. Same with the costs for the police record, anywhere from $15-70 depending on the place and if its rushed or not. We can get them through our police department, just have to go in and ask for a Canada wide police check, not sure about the procedure for Ireland, again, its best to talk to people from your own country or visit the Embassy Info link up top.

Thanks very much for your help. Is there any way to move a thread into a different area of the site such as a Europe or Ireland section?

Edited by Emily and Gareth

K-1 Visa Timeline

{July 15 2009 }-- Touch!

{Sep 24 2009 }-- Called Department of State to check if Packet 3 was received in London - It was

{Sep 29 2009 }-- Called Department of State again to see if appointment date was Issued...it was!

{Oct 16 2009 }-- Interview in London - Asked for a Police Clearance Certificate from Australia

{Dec 21 2009 }-- Married 1000 Feet up in the air at the Stratosphere hotel in Las Vegas

AOS Timeline

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Is there any way to move a thread into a different area of the site such as a Europe or Ireland section?

Yes :lol:

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

For N Ireland Police Criminal records

http://www.garda.ie/FAQ/Default.aspx?FAQCategory=36#FAQ2742

For Garda Vetting certificate

I have no idea about current Medical providers in Belfast, but please go and have a few in Fibber Magees for me!

lolfs.gif

Timeline

Is there any way to move a thread into a different area of the site such as a Europe or Ireland section?

I have no idea about current Medical providers in Belfast, but please go and have a few in Fibber Magees for me!

Thanks very much! I will def have a couple in fibbers for you!

I have a couple more questions however!

How can I move the thread to a more specific area?

I live in Belfast but I am applying through my Irish passport in Dublin. Would I need to get police clearance from the Garda and also the Police up in here in Northern Ireland??

I really appreciate all your help :)

K-1 Visa Timeline

{July 15 2009 }-- Touch!

AOS Timeline

Timeline

Thanks very much! I will def have a couple in fibbers for you!

I have a couple more questions however!

How can I move the thread to a more specific area?

I live in Belfast but I am applying through my Irish passport in Dublin. Would I need to get police clearance from the Garda and also the Police up in here in Northern Ireland??

I really appreciate all your help :)

Oh you wanted a serious answer about moving it? :P

I would PM a Mod and send them a link to this thread and ask them to move it for you.

It depends on your adresses more than nationality. Anywhere you have lived for X amount of time (perhaps someone with more recent experience can tell you if it is still 6 months) is a country you need to obtain a Police Report from. So if you have always lived in Belfast you only need the PSNI report which comes from ACPO.

I was asking some NI guys in the bar last night about the medical. They tell me you have 2 choices

1. Go over to London where there is only one Panel Surgeon in the entire country who can do the medical. #######????? Apparently V expensive

http://www.visamedicals.info/us.asp

2. Go down to Dublin where there are 3 Apparently the cheaper option, isn't competition wonderful?

Dr. Tim Gleeson

Irish Health Care

Unit 3

Blackrock Clinic

Rock Road

Blackrock

Co. Dublin

Tel: (01) 288-0111

Dr. Patrick Kelly

40 Upper Drumcondra Road

Dublin 9

Tel: (01) 837-7315

Dr. Damian Rutledge

Park Avenue Medical Centre

28a Park Avenue

Sandymount

Dublin 4

Tel: (01) 269-5169

Good luck guys.

lolfs.gif

Timeline

I just did a quick search and this member is long standing and it seems that her husband is from NI so she may able to give you more local specific info that is also more up to date

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showuser=7181

lolfs.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

Guys -

You attend your visa interview at the consulate which has juris over where you live at the time a visa petition was filed for you.

You follow the rules for that consulate's medical procedures.

For those living in Northern Ireland, you attend interview at the London consulate. Those living in the Republic of Ireland attend interviews in Dublin.

You can't hop back and forth between two countries for the medical.

Thanks very much for your help. Is there any way to move a thread into a different area of the site such as a Europe or Ireland section?

Which embassy are you going through? If you are going through Dublin, then this might help: http://dublin.usembassy.gov/medical_exam.html

Belfast: http://www.usembassy.org.uk/nireland/nivisa.html

Cheers!

K1 Filed: 4-1-2009 * Interview (approved): 10-21-2009 * POE: 11-1-2009 * Married: 11-29-2009

http://www.visajourn...009-k-1-filers/

-------------------

AOS Filed: 12-7-2009

AOS APPROVED! 2-27-2010 (no interview)

Greencard in hand: 3-4-2010

http://www.visajourn...ead/page__st__0

--------------------

ROC mailed to CSC 11-22-2011

Check cleared the bank 11-29-2011 (our 2nd anniversary) :)

Greencard received 6/15/2012 :)

November 2011 ROC Filers

N400 Filing (Citizenship for Ian) - Here we go!

Mailed 12-03-2012

Arrived at Phoenix SC 12-6-2012

Check cashed 12-11-2012

12-11-2012 NOA

12-26-2012 Biometrics

1-25-2013 Notice - Interview Scheduled for 3-4-2013

Oath 3-4-2013 Omaha Field Office

Timeline

Which embassy are you going through? If you are going through Dublin, then this might help: http://dublin.usembassy.gov/medical_exam.html

Cheers!

Thanks Ian and Lisa

With the help of Rebbecajo I now know I will going to London for the medical and interview.

I have one question.

Does anyone know when notified of my interview date, how long do I have before the interview. Do they tell you it will be in a week or a month. Just looking for an approx time so I know how much it is going to cost me in flights etc. Its really cheap if you can book a month in advance but if its last minute it can get very pricey

Thanks

K-1 Visa Timeline

{July 15 2009 }-- Touch!

AOS Timeline

Cheers!

The US consulate in Belfast doesn't do interviews for immigrant visas or for the K1 non-immigrant hybrid.

I have one question.

Does anyone know when notified of my interview date, how long do I have before the interview. Do they tell you it will be in a week or a month. Just looking for an approx time so I know how much it is going to cost me in flights etc. Its really cheap if you can book a month in advance but if its last minute it can get very pricey

Thanks

You are somewhat in control of that. Just like you are somewhat in control of your medical date.

When you receive Packet 3 there are instructions in the packet about how to go about the medical. You will phone the panel physician's office and schedule that appointment, so you have some flexibility there in fitting it into your schedule.

Also when you receive Packet 3, there are several important forms for you to complete, including a checklist. Some people complete the forms and don't send the checklist till later - I don't recommend that. Send them all in one go. At any rate, on the checklist there will be two questions - your travel date and your wedding date. DON'T LEAVE THESE BLANK or you will get pushed to the back of the line. Put down a travel date that fits in with ALL your plans - when you actually want to go to the US. The London consulate has a pretty good reputation for trying to give you a date near when you want it, as long as your request is reasonable (ie as long as you aren't asking for a date the week after post the packet back to them).

As a general rule, there is several weeks lapse between the time you post off the Packet and your scheduled date. Back four years ago, my husband received his P3 at the end of July - the interview was very early September. You'd have to check more recent anecdotal evidence to see if things now are any closer in or further out.

Timeline

I feel dejected now. :(

But thank you Rebeccajo for updating my erroneous answer :D

From reading your history I thought you would be the person to set these guys on the right road :thumbs:

lolfs.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.