• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
live sucks, then you die.

:dead:

Yeah - I hear you Bridget!!! (((HUGS))) Hope things will get better soon...

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I had no sleep at all last night, went to work early in the morning, called fiance after work, and here I am still awake and it's 9 pm :blink: I'm so so tired but just can't get no sleep, have been too stressed out lately... :(

Cairo was VERY hot today... I have got a tan on my hands and face lol... Well I'm just going to talk to John a little more, have dinner, and sleep 'hopefully'... -_-

Hope each and everyone of you is having a good day!! (F)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Happy Wednesday everyone :star:

Hubby and I took a scary minibus ride to Ramses square tonight and then looked around in the area at bathroom/kitchen faucet fixtures. Then, we took another mini bus to Attaba area and holy cow I think I saw every shoe that's for sale in Cairo! :blink: lol, we weren't looking at the shoes, but had to pass by them all to get to where we wanted. Busy BUSY night of walking and I'm worn out for sure!!

Only two more days til the weekend. Yippeee!! :D

Living with hubby in Egypt, at last.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline
know is that life was much less stressful when I was over there and I really feel like I need a change....only thing would be working that out with the ex-husband & telling him I am taking our daughter out of the US for a while. hmmmmmmm...we'll see what happens.

I think my daughter's father would sh*t himself, to be completely honest. I had a struggle just getting him to sign off on my daughter's passport and agree to let me take her to Egypt for six weeks.

Timeline

Ah, another day of cleaning and laundry and packing in store for me. I am trying to get a jump on packing for this trip, since I have the time (6 days) and I know that taking the kiddo along is going to add to the last-minute insanity. As I was packing last night, though, I was snickering to myself, imagining having to explain to Egyptian customs officers exactly what Today sponges are for and how they are used. :innocent::blink:

I hope everyone is having a good day!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey guys, good evening! Malek and I just got back from Sam's and we are soaken wet!

Amanda, I would definately leave my options open in case you had to move back home with your husband. If you can do it and you will be happier than more power to you. Like Amy, my ex wouldn't sign for a passport for my kids and has them scared to death to travel. I think his entire family would put their money together and hire the best attorney to keep my children here. I have felt very hand tied at times but you know if I was to ever lose my job and had to move I'd have to try and force his hand at it. I wish you the best!!

Staashi, Enzo is beautiful. I adore his new picture.

Tamara, I hate that you are still dealing with this junk. Will it ever end for you?

Oh golly, I wished I could remember what else I was going to write but I can't. I'm dumbfounded right now. Please forgive me!

Have a great evening everybody!

Timeline
Hey all! Happy Wednesday...I am so glad that it is the middle of the week and we have some fun things to look forward to over the weekend. I hope life is treating you all well.

Peace out!

OMG Staashi, he is so beautiful!

07/21/11 filed AOS off tourist visa

07/28/11 USCIS cashed check

07/30/11 Recieved NOA1 and Biometrics letter

08/24/2011 Biometrics

08/25/2011 RFE sent to us for some info we've already sent in

08/30/2011 sent in the rest of info USCIS asked for

09/13/2011 went to congressman's office to sign papers for expedite of work permit, due to financial hardship

09/15/2011 Work permit expedite approved!! He can finally find a job!

09/24/2011 work permit arrives

09/26/2011 Apply for social security number!

09/30/2011 Letter is sent for interview

11/07/2011 INTERVIEW!!!

Its 2012 and still no approval! Still waiting

01/27/2012 Letter sent stating that file was sent on for more review :(

9iad5hjppr.png

Timeline

So I sent another email to the embassy, asking about the status of the visa, and telling them that my daughter and i would be coming to visit in a week and we would love it if Ahmed could come with us when we leave, so that we could leave as a family. The reply I got was the usual "The case is pending administrative processing. We will contact you once that is completed." with the message "We appreciate your concerns and will send a gentle reminder to the consular officer in charge of the case." tagged onto the end. Hmmm, a gentle reminder? Well, my gentle reminder would probably be a gentle smack on the backside of the head, but I will take what I can get :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Thanks ladies...I did have a very hard time getting my ex to sign for the passport, but he just did yesterday...so that was a big relief. We'll see what happens...just thinking things out.

I have a friend that moved to Jordan with her husband about 10 years ago. They got a shipping container delivered to their home and it was dropped off in the driveway. They packed the front of the container, then packed their car full of stuff then drove it into the container then added things in the back and closed it up. A truck came and picked it up and put it on a ship to Jordan. They flew to Jordan and I think about 3 weeks or so later a truck dropped the container off at their home in Jordan. I asked her how much did that cost thinking it was really expensive. This was about ten yrs ago and she said it cost around 1800 dollars. I am sure that it is much more expensive now a days. I thought that was cool though that they got to take all their belongings and even their car with them.

Meriem (F)

Edited by Meriem_setif

glitterfy200428648Z.gif

Timeline

someone please explain to me why i am sitting here crying and feeling like i'm going to throw up after finding out my ex is dating someone?

what's wrong with me? i am a happily married woman. but all the same... :huh:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

it happens, you dont want them but you dont want anyone else to have them either :thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Thanks ladies...I did have a very hard time getting my ex to sign for the passport, but he just did yesterday...so that was a big relief. We'll see what happens...just thinking things out.

I have a friend that moved to Jordan with her husband about 10 years ago. They got a shipping container delivered to their home and it was dropped off in the driveway. They packed the front of the container, then packed their car full of stuff then drove it into the container then added things in the back and closed it up. A truck came and picked it up and put it on a ship to Jordan. They flew to Jordan and I think about 3 weeks or so later a truck dropped the container off at their home in Jordan. I asked her how much did that cost thinking it was really expensive. This was about ten yrs ago and she said it cost around 1800 dollars. I am sure that it is much more expensive now a days. I thought that was cool though that they got to take all their belongings and even their car with them.

Meriem (F)

Oh that is cool Meriem...thanks for letting me know that. That would be really awesome to do...especially the car thing. I will have to keep that in mind if we decide to make the move.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.