johnj

Russian Forum; what is your favorite drink?

77 posts in this topic

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shots of Russian Standard or mixed with juice.

Baltika (4 & 7) is often found in the fridge too.

I think Baltika is ok, put the Russian Standard is like gasoline to me.

In hard liquor, I like Basil Hayden bourbon - a little pricey, but worth it. And beer (sorry) - anything from Rogue darks (Dead Guy Ale, Double Dead Guy), and anything Unibroue from Quebec makes (La Fin Du Monde is pretty good stuff). They qualify as strong beers at eight or nine percent.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

In hard liquor, I like Basil Hayden bourbon - a little pricey, but worth it. And beer (sorry) - anything from Rogue darks (Dead Guy Ale, Double Dead Guy), and anything Unibroue from Quebec makes (La Fin Du Monde is pretty good stuff). They qualify as strong beers at eight or nine percent.

I like the higher percentage beers, we had a microbrew that did a stock ESB that was 13.7% you could have 1/2 yard and still drive home but you wouldnt remember how, drink a full yard and you are under the table.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

I like the higher percentage beers, we had a microbrew that did a stock ESB that was 13.7% you could have 1/2 yard and still drive home but you wouldnt remember how, drink a full yard and you are under the table.

I like the strong ESBs too. Fullers has a good one. Hoppy, bitter beer tastes pretty good to me, but only if it is cold.

I like the strong ESBs too. Fullers has a good one. Hoppy, bitter beer tastes pretty good to me, but only if it is cold.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm Irish going back 5ish generations and I'm a Long Island Iced Tea or Rum & Coke guy. Go figure.

06/05/08 - First meeting on dating Website

05/04/09 - First Face to Face meeting in Vladivostok

07/06/09 - I-129F delivered to CSC via UPS

07/09/09 - NOA1 Received

07/12/09 - Touched

10/02/09 - NOA2 Notification

10/05/09 - NOA2 Hard Copy

10/15/09 - NVC Receipt

10/26/09 - MOW Receipt

12/07/09 - Interview Successful!!

12/12/09 - Entry to USA

And speaking of drinks - didn't slim and a couple of you guys say that you were headed this way in August? PM me and let's compare beer, or notes, or something.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

my fave is orange belvedere with club. and when i want to last all night, beer. but when i was a little girl, i loved mudslides :P

OH SNAP! She said when she was a little girl she liked your drink. OOOOOOooooooh!

(This is me at the bar too - always getting something going and getting girls more drunk.)

Fine, double shot Tequila, no lime, no salt, worm optional

Nice retort!

I don't "chase" when I drink. I also don't play drinking games and I hate going to the bar to drink. The way I see it, I don't need a freakin excuse to get drunk ("let's play @$$#ole! so we can get f'd up!") and I don't need a diversion while I'm concentrating on imbibing. Pool, darts, Sportscenter, etc., those are all diversions. The only reason to go to a bar or club is to meet members of the opposite sex and now that I'm married, I have no good reason to pay a 2,000% mark-up on all my drinks. If people want to "be social" then they can be social in my backyard - FOR FREE!

And one thing I absolutly (not misspelled, this is drinking thread, right?) refuse to do is pay a cover charge. "So let me get this straight. You're going to charge me $20 on top of the already over-priced drinks, food, and everything else just for the right to stand here?" The way I see it, if this place is so cool I have to pay for the right to be there, I either need exposed breasts in my face (also don't pay to go to those places or tip those "entertainers") or a ball being thrown around. Other than that, my buddies are paying my way in or we're going to a dive bar.

I do, however, have a standing rule for shots and general drinking - If you put it in front of me, I will drink it. Also, I will drink until all my money's gone or all the alcohol is gone. Whichever comes last.

i'm with you ak....i love just about any dark beer there is.

You guys gotta make it to Cincinnati sometime so we can go to the Hofbrauhuas. They make authentic German beer there and serve it up in big ol' liter steins. Their Dunkel is worth slappin your mama, in the face!

That Patron AK mentioned is pretty good too. Smoooth as all get-out. What was funny to me is the Russian word for bullet is "patron" - coincidence? I think not!

Russkiy Standart is pretty tasty! (Plus it's cool to show everybody like, "see, that says Russkiy Standart which means 'Russian Standard.' American Standard, well, that's a toilet. See where our priorities are? That says alot about us as nations. The Russians set their standards as a pretty good vodka. We set ours as a pretty good crapper. Put that in your glass and drink it." - Always good for getting the world affairs conversations started.

Baltika 4 is my favorite. I drink a 6 sometimes too, but that 4 is AWESOME! My buddy said it's the "bacon beer." And whenever I'm out of Old English 800, I'll settle for a Baltika 9.

And speaking of drinks - didn't slim and a couple of you guys say that you were headed this way in August? PM me and let's compare beer, or notes, or something.

Neonred's supposed to come to town to visit family or attend a conference or something. Shoot him a PM. I forgot when it was, but comparing beers is a great idea!

Stateside while out and about, and chillin in KY, I'll drink Sam Adams all day long.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
my fave is orange belvedere with club. and when i want to last all night, beer. but when i was a little girl, i loved mudslides :P

OH SNAP! She said when she was a little girl she liked your drink. OOOOOOooooooh!

(This is me at the bar too - always getting something going and getting girls more drunk.)

Fine, double shot Tequila, no lime, no salt, worm optional

Nice retort!

I don't "chase" when I drink. I also don't play drinking games and I hate going to the bar to drink. The way I see it, I don't need a freakin excuse to get drunk ("let's play @$$#ole! so we can get f'd up!") and I don't need a diversion while I'm concentrating on imbibing. Pool, darts, Sportscenter, etc., those are all diversions. The only reason to go to a bar or club is to meet members of the opposite sex and now that I'm married, I have no good reason to pay a 2,000% mark-up on all my drinks. If people want to "be social" then they can be social in my backyard - FOR FREE!

And one thing I absolutly (not misspelled, this is drinking thread, right?) refuse to do is pay a cover charge. "So let me get this straight. You're going to charge me $20 on top of the already over-priced drinks, food, and everything else just for the right to stand here?" The way I see it, if this place is so cool I have to pay for the right to be there, I either need exposed breasts in my face (also don't pay to go to those places or tip those "entertainers") or a ball being thrown around. Other than that, my buddies are paying my way in or we're going to a dive bar.

I do, however, have a standing rule for shots and general drinking - If you put it in front of me, I will drink it. Also, I will drink until all my money's gone or all the alcohol is gone. Whichever comes last.

i'm with you ak....i love just about any dark beer there is.

You guys gotta make it to Cincinnati sometime so we can go to the Hofbrauhuas. They make authentic German beer there and serve it up in big ol' liter steins. Their Dunkel is worth slappin your mama, in the face!

That Patron AK mentioned is pretty good too. Smoooth as all get-out. What was funny to me is the Russian word for bullet is "patron" - coincidence? I think not!

Russkiy Standart is pretty tasty! (Plus it's cool to show everybody like, "see, that says Russkiy Standart which means 'Russian Standard.' American Standard, well, that's a toilet. See where our priorities are? That says alot about us as nations. The Russians set their standards as a pretty good vodka. We set ours as a pretty good crapper. Put that in your glass and drink it." - Always good for getting the world affairs conversations started.

Baltika 4 is my favorite. I drink a 6 sometimes too, but that 4 is AWESOME! My buddy said it's the "bacon beer." And whenever I'm out of Old English 800, I'll settle for a Baltika 9.

Neonred's supposed to come to town to visit family or attend a conference or something. Shoot him a PM. I forgot when it was, but comparing beers is a great idea!

Stateside while out and about, and chillin in KY, I'll drink Sam Adams all day long.

actually everyone should road trip here to atlanta,we will go to 'taco mac' 357 beers from around the world,52 on tap.

we can join there beer club,and drink our way around the world,if you manage to drink all 357.....they say 'beer fears you'

Timeline
Just about any nut brown ale

Is that good with the sausage tacos :blink:

sausage tacos?????where,where,where????

wait a minute........sausage tacos.......i just got that.......boooooooooo,disregard previous post please. :unsure:

Timeline
wait a minute........sausage tacos.......i just got that.......boooooooooo,disregard previous post please. :unsure:

:lol:

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

:bonk: :bonk: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thom n Elena

Finally Home

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

ROC

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Reschedule 7/22/09

LPR Card Received

Timeline

Man, that is gross

Man, that is gross

We are not the ones who got excited at the prospect.

Thom n Elena

Finally Home

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

ROC

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Reschedule 7/22/09

LPR Card Received

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Российский коньяк "КВ" Лезгинка

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.