10 posts in this topic

So here's the deal...we have our AOS appointment on July 19...now I have booked a trip on Aug 22, to return to Canada to pick up my car and various other goodies that I had to leave behind....I have an AP document, but I just had a thought that perhaps they might not have my green card to me before my travel date...will they take the AP papers away from me at the interview or am I allowed to keep them until I get the green card in my hands...just worried about not having the green card in time for my trip, and would need the AP document to return to the US....any input on this? And what do they do with the AP documents when I re-enter the country. I have all my other documents as well, but just a little concerned re the interim between the interview and actually recieving the green card. Thanks gang.

AOS, EAD, AP, filed on Feb 8, 2006

NOA received Feb 18, 2006

Biometrics done on Apr 21, at St. Paul office..wait some more......

Touched on April 24 and 28

email aproval for AP on May 1

email approval for EAD on May 3

received AP on May 3

received EAD in mail on May 8

start work of June 1

AOS interview in Bloomington on July 19 8am

AOS approved,passport stamped on July 19

as of Dec 10, 2006 still no greencard....waiting and waiting....USCIS says we are approved, and check back in 60 days...no idea what is happening

Dec 18, email stating welcome letter is in the mail

Dec 20, 5 emails saying they ordered production of my new card......

Dec 24...welcome to America letter in the snail mail

Dec 26...GC in hand and all is correct...

NOTE TO SELF..file to lift conditions 04/19/08

04/22/08 filed to lift conditions

05/01/08 package returned wrong form

05/05/08 re-submitted right form to california

05/09/08 cheque cashed

05/13/08 NOA

05/19/08 appointment letter for biometrics received..appointment on 05/28/08 at 11 am at USCIS St. Paul

05/28/08 took my two appointment letters and had my fingerprints done

11/13/08 touched and email stating card production ordered and will be sent to me in 30 days

11/21/08 GC in hand no mistakes expires 11/13/18

Filed: Timeline

Hey Maureen,

Not 100% sure, but I believe that some offices will stamp your passport when you get approved at the interview, and people travel by showing the stamp while waiting for their green card. Perhaps you can ask if they can do that for you? Maybe someone with more experience can correct me if I'm wrong.

Hey Maureen,

Not 100% sure, but I believe that some offices will stamp your passport when you get approved at the interview, and people travel by showing the stamp while waiting for their green card. Perhaps you can ask if they can do that for you? Maybe someone with more experience can correct me if I'm wrong.

Hey Maureen,

received AP on May 3

start work of June 1

as of Dec 10, 2006 still no greencard....waiting and waiting....USCIS says we are approved, and check back in 60 days...no idea what is happening

05/09/08 cheque cashed

05/13/08 NOA

05/19/08 appointment letter for biometrics received..appointment on 05/28/08 at 11 am at USCIS St. Paul

11/13/08 touched and email stating card production ordered and will be sent to me in 30 days

Filed: Timeline

is there an echo in here? lol

Hey Maureen,

Hey Maureen,

oops having a moment....thanks Stina, hope you are feeling better by the way

received AP on May 3

start work of June 1

05/09/08 cheque cashed

05/13/08 NOA

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

If they approve your AOS at the interview, then you should be able to ask for the I-551 stamp if you explain your travel plans (especially if they insist on taking your AP and/or EAD). If they don't approve you at the interview, then you should be able to keep all of your previous documents (AP, EAD) until AOS approval is confirmed.

If you still need to utilize the AP upon re-entering after your trip, present both AP documents. I believe they stamp them; retain one return the other to you for later use (assuming you applied for multiple trips).

Best of luck to you at the AOS interview...and have a great trip! :yes:

1-21-09 Getting Naturalization documents together.

smiley-995.pngsmiley-996.png

Disclaimer: i dunno nuthin bout birthin no babys, or bout imugrayshun.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband's AOS didn't get approved until the day after the interivew (the doctor filled out his vaccination supplemental form incorrectly), so she didn't take either his EAD or his AP. In fact, I even asked her, well, don't you have to take his AP? And she seemed slightly surprised that I would even think that. Oh yes, I did mention to her that we were traveling at the end of the month, so that might have helped also.

February 28, 2004 Pedro and I began to date :)

May 24, 2005 I-129F packet sent to NSC

May 26, 2005 I-129F packet arrives at NSC

May 27, 2005 NOA1 (online)

June 3, 2005 NOA1 received by snail mail (dated May 27)

August 22, 2005 NOA2 (online)

August 25, 2005 NOA2 (snailmail)

August 25, 2005 forwarded to NVC

September 12, 2005 forwarded to Consulate (Ciudad Juarez)

October 6, 2005 Consulate says it has received our papers (email)

October 25, 2005 receive Packet 3 (in U.S.)

October 26, 2005 I leave for Juarez (interview!)

October 31, 2005 Pedro gets his visa:)

December 9, 2005 Pedro arrives

December 22, 2005 small wedding

January 30, 2006 NOA 1 receipt date (EAD, AP, AOS)

April 18, 2006 EAD, AOS Biometrics (78 days)

June 23, 2006 large wedding

June 29, 2006 AOS interview

June 30, 2006 AOS approved online

thank you all. Do they usually let you know at the interview when to expect the green card? or do they just say *it'll be in the mail*? We will be driving back over the border from Manitoba to North Dakota, and will have a lot of stuff in my car....can anyone tell me what to expect? will be glad when this trip is over. :lol:

received AP on May 3

start work of June 1

05/09/08 cheque cashed

05/13/08 NOA

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I had my interview on June 7th and went on vacation on June 13th. Since I didn't have my fingerprints done in time I figured it would take about 3 weeks or so until the approvald and I asked the interviewer if I could keep my AP. She said that it was no problem as long as AP is still valid.

I have one more question though. I was approved on June 23rd and got back to the US on July 3 with my AP. Now I have a white I 94 stapled in my passport and it says that I am paroled until July 2nd, 2007. What do I do with that now. Do I just leave it in the passport or send it in?

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.