Jamaican JNR

Interview Today in Kingston Jamaica

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:star: My CR1 Visa interview was done today at 7am in Kingston, Jamaica.

I arrived approx half an hour before my 7am time line. There were about 20 of us on the family-based petition side gathered. Documents were checked and arranged for us, then we were sent inside (security checkpoint), then to the court yard waiting area; then we went inside the embassy building in single file.

I was the first to receive a number tag (immigrant visa section). I waited inside on the right hand side for no more than 15 minutes before the CO's and other staff members started the process. A lady who was sitting to my left was trying to make conversation and another lady to her left joined in. The one next to me indicated that she tried to get a visitors visa for 4 times and was denied all attempts; I tried to boost her confidence by telling her that she is now an applicant in a diff category (her daughter was filing for her). She was even more nervous when she thought about the medical results unknown to her, (lol)... I said to her if anything was in the result to affect her the doctor would inform her a.s.a.p.

My # was announced and I went up to counter 6. Was asked who was filing for me and and questioned about my employment status. I was then fingerprinted and told to have a seat and listen for name. 10 - 15 had passed when my # was announced at window 8. I went over that window and greeted the CO. She was a young, white and polite. I was asked to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth.

The questions were relatively straight forward, such as how I met my wife and where. Do we have kids together or any at all. The CO asked when last have I seen my wife and I replied "3 months ago", I was asked if she accompanied me to the visa interview and I told her no; The CO then indicated to me that she was going to cancel my 10 year visa and issue me CR1 Visa instead. I was given blue slip for DHL. The total time from start of procedures at embassy to finish was 35 minutes; bearing in mind I had to wait for the 15 to go to the first window.

I am now waiting on passport to be in hand, then POE. :dance:

Congratulations JNR! If you don't mind my asking, what documents were checked for? What did you take w/ u? What (if anything) add'l paperwork wise did the CO ask for?

4ABAm4.png

Removing Conditions:

10/27/11: Petition mailed to VSC

10/28/11: Package received and signed for by Renaud

10/31/11: NOA1

Congratulations! have a safe trip to the US.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Congrats

I-130 Timeline:

Sept. 04, 2008 : I-130 Sent to Vermont SC - filed for spouse based on greencard

Oct. 24, 2008 : NOA 1 Received from VSC

April. 30, 2009 : Become US citizen, called USCIS to upgrade I-130 from F2A to IR-1 category

April. 30, 2009 : send a letter with copy of certificate of naturalization to upgrade the petition.

April. 30, 2009 : Status is upgraded to CR-1/IR-1 category and case is pending.

Sept 30, 2009 : NOA2 - approval notice sent Thanx to the God almighty

NVC Journey

Oct 4, 2009 : Case Number Assigned - Received this by speaking to a live operator.

Oct 16, 2009:AOS and IV Fee bills generated and rec'd Invoice id number via e-mail

Oct 20, 2009 :AOS and IV Fee bills status - Paid (online)

RFE I lost at least two weeks

Nov 15,2009 :AOS and DS-230 package sent to NVC

Dec 08,2009 :case completed at NVC (checked through AVR) Merci Jesus

I am praying for a Jan Interview

2009-xx-xx : Forward the case to Embassy in PAP Haiti

Jan 04 2010 : Medical

Jan 27 2010 : Visa Interview

2009-xx-xx : Visa Approved

2009-xx-xx : Visa in Hand

2009-xx-xx : POE

Indeed God blessed us with a Jan 27 Interview what a birthday present

What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate. Mark 10:9

Wow that was fast Congrats! :dance:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:star: My CR1 Visa interview was done today at 7am in Kingston, Jamaica.

I arrived approx half an hour before my 7am time line. There were about 20 of us on the family-based petition side gathered. Documents were checked and arranged for us, then we were sent inside (security checkpoint), then to the court yard waiting area; then we went inside the embassy building in single file.

I was the first to receive a number tag (immigrant visa section). I waited inside on the right hand side for no more than 15 minutes before the CO's and other staff members started the process. A lady who was sitting to my left was trying to make conversation and another lady to her left joined in. The one next to me indicated that she tried to get a visitors visa for 4 times and was denied all attempts; I tried to boost her confidence by telling her that she is now an applicant in a diff category (her daughter was filing for her). She was even more nervous when she thought about the medical results unknown to her, (lol)... I said to her if anything was in the result to affect her the doctor would inform her a.s.a.p.

My # was announced and I went up to counter 6. Was asked who was filing for me and and questioned about my employment status. I was then fingerprinted and told to have a seat and listen for name. 10 - 15 had passed when my # was announced at window 8. I went over that window and greeted the CO. She was a young, white and polite. I was asked to raise my right hand and swear to tell the truth.

The questions were relatively straight forward, such as how I met my wife and where. Do we have kids together or any at all. The CO asked when last have I seen my wife and I replied "3 months ago", I was asked if she accompanied me to the visa interview and I told her no; The CO then indicated to me that she was going to cancel my 10 year visa and issue me CR1 Visa instead. I was given blue slip for DHL. The total time from start of procedures at embassy to finish was 35 minutes; bearing in mind I had to wait for the 15 to go to the first window.

I am now waiting on passport to be in hand, then POE. :dance:

Congratulations JNR! If you don't mind my asking, what documents were checked for? What did you take w/ u? What (if anything) add'l paperwork wise did the CO ask for?

Thanks a lot :thumbs: The CO's didn't ask for anything at all. I was prepared if they had however.

Congratulations! have a safe trip to the US.

Thanks a lot :thumbs:

Wow that was fast Congrats! :dance:

Congratulations!! :thumbs:

JNR

Timeline
congrats!! i see u had a visitor visa....u didn't have any problems visiting ur wife w/ it? GREAT.. i am counting on those visits to help get thru this process, i have not yet filed..

Praying everything from here on out runs smoothly as well and a joyful marriage!

Thanks a lot :thumbs: Yes I had a 10 year visitor's visa and I sure made good use of it. I visited my wife an average of 6 times per year. Just remember not to stay more than 1-2 months; even tho they stamp the I-94 for 6.

JNR

Timeline
JNR what took so long for your I130 to be approved?

I was wondering myself; however from what I am told they have to do series of security checks. Sometimes people do share the same name and it can raise a red flag at times. In my opinion.... when my wife filed, the usa elections was in high gear and lots of green card holders filed to become citizens and the cases are sent to the same USCIS. The amount that they usually handle was doubled.

JNR

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.