pasaway na angel

just venting out on a stupid civil surgeon

19 posts in this topic

i don't like telling bad things about other people but my situation now just pisses me off. my i-94 will be expiring soon so i need to submit my aos application as soon as possible. the problem is the stupid civil surgeon that i went to doesn't want to sign part 5 of form i-693 because she is insisting that i should have the whole physical exam done in her clinic. i should say re-done since being a k-1 beneficiary, i have my physical exam done in st. lukes's in manila.

i don't have health problems so i know i would pass any physical exam BUT that would mean a whole bunch of other expenses that i think is not necessary. aside from that, i thought civil surgeons should know what they are supposed to do and it looks like, this one doesn't know. i showed her the instruction from the USCIS website regarding i-693 and she still refuses.

now, i'm thinking, is there any way i could report her and the clinic because i think she is inefficient! :angry::angry::angry:

"... for our Love conquered both Time and Distance."

i don't like telling bad things about other people but my situation now just pisses me off. my i-94 will be expiring soon so i need to submit my aos application as soon as possible. the problem is the stupid civil surgeon that i went to doesn't want to sign part 5 of form i-693 because she is insisting that i should have the whole physical exam done in her clinic. i should say re-done since being a k-1 beneficiary, i have my physical exam done in st. lukes's in manila.

i don't have health problems so i know i would pass any physical exam BUT that would mean a whole bunch of other expenses that i think is not necessary. aside from that, i thought civil surgeons should know what they are supposed to do and it looks like, this one doesn't know. i showed her the instruction from the USCIS website regarding i-693 and she still refuses.

now, i'm thinking, is there any way i could report her and the clinic because i think she is inefficient! :angry::angry::angry:

Go to AOS forum. You could have your I-693 transcribed by Doctor Arnold of Texas. Just need USD 30...

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Go to AOS forum. You could have your I-693 transcribed by Doctor Arnold of Texas. Just need USD 30...

Oh... ok... Thanks for the info...

But i still want to report this doctor! :devil::angry::devil:

because she didn't do what we paid her to do!

DITTO. Dr Arnold does it for $30 by mail. LOTS of people have used him successfully. Even here in Hawaii.

Dr. L. E. Arnold

4534 Westgate Boulevard, Austin, TX 78745

Tel: (512) 444-3131

Fax: (512) 447-4699

Edited by Haole

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Is the surgeon you went an accredited USCIS surgeon? I found mine from this site.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV

Just enter the state zip code to find the surgeon in your area. When i went to the surgeon, I was asked for the vaccination sheet we got from Saint Luke, from that result they will know what vaccines you still need to have. It wasn't expensive and I am already included in my husband's insurance so we only end up paying 15 dollars. We got the result a week after.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes Doug here...I already had an argument with a " receptionist" i guess over the exact same thing...when I called the local civil surg. here.... she kept insisting on the phone that she needs an entire exam etc..but thats not what the forms say....hmmmmm guess I may need to look into this Texas one.

August 21, 2008: I-129F sent

August 30, 2008: NOA1

February 02, 2009: NOA2

March 2-3, 2009: Medical at St. Luke's

March 19, 2009: interview US Embassy- Manila

March 24, 2009: Visa received

April 02, 2009: CFO at PRISM

June 30, 2009: Dylan & Douglas enter USA together POE Chicago

July 3, 2009: applied for marriage license

July 7, 2009: got Married and received marriage certificate

July 28, 2009: SSN received

AOS

August 19, 2009: AOS sent

August 25, 2009: NOA (AP,EAD,AOS)

August 31, 2009: received Biometrics appointment for AOS & EAD (dated Aug.27,2009)

Sept.18, 2009: Case transferred to CSC

Sept.24, 2009: Biometrics Appointment

Sept.28,2009: EAD & AP Approval

Oct. 5,2009: received EAD card & AP (mail)

Nov.5,2009: AOS approved( 72days from NOA)

Nov. 13, 2009: GC received(mail)

Removing Conditions I-751

Sept. 20,2011: Sent I-751 Petition to remove conditions

June 2012: 10 year GC approved

N400 Naturalization

August 16,2012 : Sent N400

August 31, 2012 : early Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There are a number of civil surgeons who seem to be totally unaware of the actual USCIS requirements for different immigrants or they honestly just don't care. I suspect a lot of them view this as a quick and easy source of a nice chunk of money and don't want to forego their full profit. Definitely shop around to find a civil surgeon who is willing to give you just the vaccination information and not the whole physical all over again. If you need any vaccinations still you can get them at your local health department or even your family physician and then bring the proof with you to the medical appointment. If everything is complete or you have proof of completing your vaccinations then yes, use Dr. Arnold in Texas.

If you feel very strongly about reporting the civil surgeon you could always write a letter of complaint and send it off to your local USCIS office, asking them to forward it to the appropriate individual or section. I have no idea if it will accomplish anything, but you never know. At least it will help you feel that you have done something to try and correct the problem.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

now, i'm thinking, is there any way i could report herhe clinic because i think she is inefficient! :angry::angry::angry:

From what I've seen over the years I've been doing the process the majority of the USCIS Designated Civil Surgeons either are ignorant of what's required or are trying to rip people off.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

Yes, she is. I also found her from the USCIS website. that's why i'm so pissed off. and now, she is on vacation for almost a month. grrrrr!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

Is the surgeon you went an accredited USCIS surgeon? I found mine from this site.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=of...office_type=CIV

Just enter the state zip code to find the surgeon in your area. When i went to the surgeon, I was asked for the vaccination sheet we got from Saint Luke, from that result they will know what vaccines you still need to have. It wasn't expensive and I am already included in my husband's insurance so we only end up paying 15 dollars. We got the result a week after.

There are a number of civil surgeons who seem to be totally unaware of the actual USCIS requirements for different immigrants or they honestly just don't care. I suspect a lot of them view this as a quick and easy source of a nice chunk of money and don't want to forego their full profit. Definitely shop around to find a civil surgeon who is willing to give you just the vaccination information and not the whole physical all over again. If you need any vaccinations still you can get them at your local health department or even your family physician and then bring the proof with you to the medical appointment. If everything is complete or you have proof of completing your vaccinations then yes, use Dr. Arnold in Texas.

If you feel very strongly about reporting the civil surgeon you could always write a letter of complaint and send it off to your local USCIS office, asking them to forward it to the appropriate individual or section. I have no idea if it will accomplish anything, but you never know. At least it will help you feel that you have done something to try and correct the problem.

Yes, I think I will write a letter to the local USCIS office. I am not into revenge or anything but I'm more into informing the concerned goverrning body on this inefficiency in educating the civil surgeons on what they are supposed to do. Much time was wasted on trying to explain to the doctor and the other hospital staff about this requirement. To think that I presented to them a copy of the instructions on filling out form I-693 from the USCIS website.

Hey Pasaway na angel, is it a requirement for AOS, you know, this civil surgeon thing? Never heard of this. We didn't have a civil surgeon transcribing something when we filed for my AOS? Is this the latest trend now? Probably depends on the state where you live? Just curious.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Hey Pasaway na angel, is it a requirement for AOS, you know, this civil surgeon thing? Never heard of this. We didn't have a civil surgeon transcribing something when we filed for my AOS? Is this the latest trend now? Probably depends on the state where you live? Just curious.

It is a requirement when filing for AOS, I think the form was revised in 2008. I don't think it depends on the state where you live, it was on the USCIS website.

But honestly, I wish this civil surgeon thing is not a necessity coz it would have saved me and my hubby time and money.

last 2 weeks ago i went to the civil surgeon's clinic well it is a general medical clinic of affiliated uscis doctors. at first i was talking to the receptionist seemed like she could not understood what i wanted coz i kept telling her i just needed the vaccinations so i showed her my ds3025 and since she didnt have any idea of what i wanted the doctor approached me and she said usually they would require the patient to have the medical exam (the whole thing) again if i want them to do the vaccinations so the doctor suggested since i am done with my medical she gave me another options to do my vaccinations in any other doctors that are cheaper coz for them they are expensive. coz it really doesnt matter whoever will finish our vaccinations can be your husband's insurance (how nice the doctor was) she even said i need additional of these and those vaccines and even gave me a number of a doctor who can do it for a cheaper price :). and before the doctor approached me... one girl well i think she's a staff nurse (she's tagalog) and she is on fiancee visa too. she said no need for me to continue my vaccinations but if i want to i can but it takes time. for her she sent her AOS without completing the vaccines and just sent ds3025 and there was no problems on her AOS. she's even working now. awwww how nice the people there during that time :).

so now, me and my hubby are deciding to not continue my vaccinations but we will file AOS after we got married on Aug 4. and We will risk whatever it may be. if we will receive RFE that i need to finish my vaccinations then i will do it but if there will be no problems...then We will be happy.

i think most civil surgeon will advice u to do the medical exam again as what the doctor told me.

remember money is so tight now... we need to save. argh. :whistle: hope my experience would help u decide :)

Edited by MarPhee

August 6, 2009 - AOS Sent together with EAD and AP
August 17, 2009 - Received NOAs of AOS, EAD and AP
Sept. 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment
Sept. 24, 2009 - Received E-mail approval notice for EAD and AP
October 2, 2009 - AP on hand
October 3, 2009 - EAD card on hand
November 12, 2009 - Interview Date / Approved
November 23, 2009 - Green Card Received

March 21, 2012 - Lifting Conditions

May 22, 2013 - Citizenship

Hi, I understand what you feel, Yesterday, I had my AOS Interview in USCIS DT, here is my experience about my interview. I went in the Civil surgeon here in our place 2 weeks ago but yesterday, the Lady Officer conducted our Interview didn`t bother getting my Sealed envelop containing my Vaccination Records. I actually presented it because I was thinking she just forgot it, she said it`s okay because I have my medical record in my AOS file, she asks me how much did I pay for my vaccine I said I pay 200$ , and she asked me where did I got the name of the doctor I told her I got it from Civil Surgeon locator in the USCIS Homepage. She said since we pay for it she will just look what`s the document inside, and she asked what`s the name of the doctor so I tell the name but the officer was really disgusted that some Civil Surgeon really take advantage from the applicant ,in terms of fees . They sometimes asks the applicant to re-do the medical even the medical for K-1 is not expired and sometimes some civil surgeon refused to give vaccines.

In my assessment yesterday they `re not strict in the sealed envelop containing our Vaccination records, they are just referring from the medical records we`ve done from St.Luke, as long as the medical is not expired it will be okay, even we paid 200$ at least I am protected from(HepA, and Meningoccal)the vaccines I got from the civil surgeon,is my advantage too, though it`s expensive.

You can file your AOS just don`t forget to include your DS3025(vaccination history), in replacement of I-693, so u won`t get any RFE in the future. I did that and we didn`t received any RFE.

Good luck and Godbless!

bYG2g6k.jpgbYG2m4.png

Sent - July 5, 2011(California Service Center)

Received - July 7, 2011

Check cleared - July 12, 2011

Removal of the Conditional Status ( approved Sept. 9, 2011)

10 Years Green Card Received (Sept. 15, 2011)

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

go to a diffrerent doctor if you dont agree with him besides he is the one with the clinis.. even if he/she looked sooo greasy.. taena nila.. mine looks like a mafia ganglord at night.. lol..:D

😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.