nowhereman

Obama Approval Ratings Dip in New Poll

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
The government works together through the power of a fist. That's hardly what I would consider working together.

Your statement above is a broad generalization. You and I both know that it is not an absolute truth. As long you convince yourself that government by design is 'evil', you can't see the truth that government is neither inherently good nor inherently evil. It is equally capable of doing great things and terrible things. I wish you could find some middle ground.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'll play some Journey. Might even post some youtube links in a bit. Apparent alls well with the world if there's bad 80's ####### rock playing in the background.

A fact that support Steve is the fact that the Chinese stimulus, relative to their economy, was way bigger than what Obama or anyone in Europe has tried. And theirs is the first economy to return to robust growth.

It is a combination or private and public contributions that, working together, can lead an ailing economy back to growth in the current circumstances. Obama's stimulus. to the extent that it has shortcomings, was simply too small.

I do wonder where all these infrastructure projects that they were talking about were going on. Doesn't seem to much in the way of that going on over my way.

That's because you saps in SoCal didn't vote in enough Nancy supporters. There is more orange around the North Bay Area than I have seen in years. Somebody is paying CalTrans, and it ain't the State of California writing IOU's. Overtime too! Crews are running more often than not, day and night, sometimes seven days a week.

I don't live in SoCal.

Last I checked Obama be wantin to use SO CAL as a TROPHY!

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

“Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you.”

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I think I'll play some Journey. Might even post some youtube links in a bit. Apparent alls well with the world if there's bad 80's ####### rock playing in the background.

A fact that support Steve is the fact that the Chinese stimulus, relative to their economy, was way bigger than what Obama or anyone in Europe has tried. And theirs is the first economy to return to robust growth.

It is a combination or private and public contributions that, working together, can lead an ailing economy back to growth in the current circumstances. Obama's stimulus. to the extent that it has shortcomings, was simply too small.

I do wonder where all these infrastructure projects that they were talking about were going on. Doesn't seem to much in the way of that going on over my way.

That's because you saps in SoCal didn't vote in enough Nancy supporters. There is more orange around the North Bay Area than I have seen in years. Somebody is paying CalTrans, and it ain't the State of California writing IOU's. Overtime too! Crews are running more often than not, day and night, sometimes seven days a week.

I don't live in SoCal.

I thought you lived around Los Angeles, at least at one time.

Not for 4 years.

Edited by Private Pike

I don't live in SoCal.

I thought you lived around Los Angeles, at least at one time.

Not for 4 years.

Your gettin all beat up bud wheres yo HELP?

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."- Ayn Rand

― Andrew Wilkow

I'm getting beat up because I haven't lived in Southern California for 4 years?

Your gettin trashed cuz yo argument is weak and its gettin weaker everyday.

― Andrew Wilkow

Spook and Scandal are most likely doin the herd!

― Andrew Wilkow

Here's the link to the story:

http://news.aol.com/article/obama-approval-ratings/578736

Summary of Approval Ratings by Category:

Healthcare: 49% (down from 53%)

Economy: 52% (down from 56%)

Federal Deficit: 43% (down from 48%)

Overall Approval Ratings: 59% (down from 65%)

What made me :rofl: were the approval numbers from people on AOL (which of course may change as more people take the poll):

Healthcare: 15%

Economy: 11%

Federal Deficit: 7%

Overall Approval Ratings: 16%

Analysis: Americans as a whole want results after 6 months in office. As for the AOL numbers its rather obvious that they are not representative of Americans as a whole (but probably match up pretty well with what one would expect on VJ). As a matter of fact this would be a good topic for a poll :idea:

People who use AOL tend to be fairly incompetent as internet users go. Sort of like seeking wisdom from bowlers over the age of six who still use those metal ball guides. :rofl:

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

I'm getting beat up because I haven't lived in Southern California for 4 years?

Your gettin trashed cuz yo argument is weak and its gettin weaker everyday.

The difference is that you ARE trashed.

LOL! Sing a lil song for ya!

― Andrew Wilkow

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Here's the link to the story:

http://news.aol.com/article/obama-approval-ratings/578736

Summary of Approval Ratings by Category:

Healthcare: 49% (down from 53%)

Economy: 52% (down from 56%)

Federal Deficit: 43% (down from 48%)

Overall Approval Ratings: 59% (down from 65%)

What made me :rofl: were the approval numbers from people on AOL (which of course may change as more people take the poll):

Healthcare: 15%

Economy: 11%

Federal Deficit: 7%

Overall Approval Ratings: 16%

Analysis: Americans as a whole want results after 6 months in office. As for the AOL numbers its rather obvious that they are not representative of Americans as a whole (but probably match up pretty well with what one would expect on VJ). As a matter of fact this would be a good topic for a poll :idea:

People who use AOL tend to be fairly incompetent as internet users go. Sort of like seeking wisdom from bowlers over the age of six who still use those metal ball guides. :rofl:

AOL users also apparently lean far right, based on the extremely low approval ratings compared to Americans as a whole. I just checked them again & the approval ratings are a bit higher, but still well below the national poll figures.

FamilyGuy_SavingPrivateBrian_v2f_72_1161823205-000.jpg

I am still waiting on Matt to show me an example of his approach and its success in the real world, as the top 20 GDP per capita nations seem to show otherwise. China's GDP is actually growing at 7.8% and they are all about government involvement.

Public / Private cooperation is exactly the way to go. Signs of that are in every developed country. To the contrary, the end result of allowing companies to do what they want is everywhere in America. Run down cities and broken dreams. For example, allowing private industry such as oil companies and auto companies (individuals) to buy up and rip out rail from various cities in the 60's, so they they earned a profit at the expense of everyone else. Now America is left with severely inadequate public transport options.

A good example would have to be from 1921-1927. Secretary Andrew Mellon maintained very low taxation during this period. The Federal Funds rate was nearly in line with the supply/demand market for money. State-coerced regulation was low, and investment was high. I don't have the figures, but wages and standards of living rose significantly.

Don't even begin to try to pull a "look where that led us"; It wasn't until 1927 when the Federal Funds rate was lowered, and inflation commenced. This was so Ben Strong could help his buddy over at the Bank of England with their gold-drain problem.

The period of 1921-1927 was a period of great prosperity, and surprisingly (to you), it was provided by the market, not the government.

Matt, you have good points, however, this is not 1927. I just don't understand why you and libertarians continue to dismiss (overlook) the huge success of other countries overseas and their approaches towards government and industry that got them there; aka (private/public partnerships) . I just read another article by the World bank and IMF stating how Australia will come out ahead of this crisis and has been affected the least by the gloom; with Canada not that far behind. How do you think they managed this? It certainly wasn't from zero government intervention. Quite the opposite. Huge government investments are keeping their economies afloat. Huge government investments are allowing China to grow at 7.8% this year while we are in the negative.

I'm a die hard capitalist myself and argued for it since day one. However, the Australian and Canadian economies have proven me wrong. After comparing the status quo here I can without a doubt say they are doing better. I just spoke to my real estate agent over there and the value of my houses actually increased (again) this second half.

Edited by haza

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

The government works together through the power of a fist. That's hardly what I would consider working together.

Your statement above is a broad generalization. You and I both know that it is not an absolute truth. As long you convince yourself that government by design is 'evil', you can't see the truth that government is neither inherently good nor inherently evil. It is equally capable of doing great things and terrible things. I wish you could find some middle ground.

The government is what you make it. It is a product (a result) of our choices and standards, or lack of. Matt clearly assumes that the government is incompetent and that only private industries are the solution, something simply not true. The one thing my center right conservative party did while they were in office for 12 years was to modernize all government departments. They applied the latest business principles to them and outsourced tasks that others did better. As companies do, they also consolidated a lot of departments and county functions to state levels to promote efficiency and productivity. Government employees are now paid well and expected to perform similarly to the private sector. They have performance reviews and can be fired. No job for life rubbish. They have automated a lot of the processes and placed a number of services online. Win / Win for government employees and the residents.

Take immigration there for example. You pay $1,200 but that covers the whole process and you are even allocated an individual case officer who actually interacts with you. After the two year probationary period, the government carries out their own research and then removes the conditions themselves. If they have any issue, they will contact you directly by phone or email. No standard request for more info in the mail. No doubling up or red tape for the sole purpose of job creation anymore. No shenanigans such as sending an app from one state to another, only to be sent back and so on. As with companies, this shows that government is not the problem but the way they are run is.

Edited by haza

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.