5 posts in this topic

I called DOS this morning twice. The first time I called the lady told me that my husbands security clearance came through. I couldnt believe what I was hearing. I was really excited. Just to confirm if what the lady had said was true, I called again, and another lady had picked up and told me that the case was in the last stages. So now i'm confused. Has the security clearance came through or is it still in the last stages. Does any know how long it takes after the security clearance comes through before getting the visa or how long it takes from the last stage to getting the visa?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

AP can mean many different steps for different cases. Sounds like you are almost complete. They will call your SO, to turn in their passport when they are complete.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

This can mean many things, and that is what is the worst about AP. "Last stages" can be the last stage of the current checks that are being performed, or AP as a whole. If the embassy does not call your husband in the next few weeks, you must call DOS. If they say that AP is still pending then other checks are being performed. Generally the embassy does not wait too long after AP is complete to contact.

God bless,

Tam

AP: Over 1 year.

Visa: Nov 2

US Entry: Nov 13, Alhamdulillah.

BelieveButterflyfortile.jpgPrayerisPower_Cover.jpghello.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

I wish you godspeed, and hope to hear good news soon!

I have a somewhat related question.. I visited the embassy in Damascus a few weeks ago while visiting my fiance, and the consular officer (very polite and even kind, for once!) said that in March "Washington had requested additional information" from the Embassy. He said the embassy had sent what they requested, and that he could do nothing (as usual). What does this mean? A while ago, when I called DOS in april, they mentioned that my case had an 'update' in March, on the same day. Does this mean I should prepare myself for another 6-9 months? aaaaaah!

I'm sorry for such a trivial question. I guess when there is so little information around, I start to obsess about the small details. I should just be more patient.. 13 months down..

I think I would honestly be off my rocker now if I hadn't been able to visit my fiance for the last month. But I just got back to the US, and I'm afraid after about a week it will sink in that we are still apart, in AP. Anyways, we're trying to stay strong, and wishing the same for all of you.

This can mean many things, and that is what is the worst about AP. "Last stages" can be the last stage of the current checks that are being performed, or AP as a whole. If the embassy does not call your husband in the next few weeks, you must call DOS. If they say that AP is still pending then other checks are being performed. Generally the embassy does not wait too long after AP is complete to contact.

God bless,

Tam

Edited by paciencia

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.