5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello Frds on Vjer

I am moving to Nigeria in 24days to live with my hubby who is the beneficiary and i plan to stay there till over case is approved and NVC done and also at the interview at the Lagos Consular General. I am happy i will be with my other half again after 4months and 3days apart of been apart. (F)(L)

Now to my question or :ot2: I have read on VJ on some members posted topic that their case got approved quicker and sooner if/when the USC (petitioner) moves to the location of the Beneficiary, Is it True or False. Do the USCIS consider it if the USC moves and notify the USCIS of the change of address by filling a form AR-11 which notice USCIS of the new address or by calling up there customer care number? :ot:

K&O

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hello Frds on Vjer

I am moving to Nigeria in 24days to live with my hubby who is the beneficiary and i plan to stay there till over case is approved and NVC done and also at the interview at the Lagos Consular General. I am happy i will be with my other half again after 4months and 3days apart of been apart. (F)(L)

Now to my question or :ot2: I have read on VJ on some members posted topic that their case got approved quicker and sooner if/when the USC (petitioner) moves to the location of the Beneficiary, Is it True or False. Do the USCIS consider it if the USC moves and notify the USCIS of the change of address by filling a form AR-11 which notice USCIS of the new address or by calling up there customer care number? :ot:

Your moving to your spouses country will not speed up the process. if you are changing your address with USCIS it could in fact slow things down. Also you changing your address to outside the US could make them ask for proof of residency and employment in the US also could raise questions over the I-864 affidavit of support.

Being on vacation for a few months will not raise any concerns as long as you can still comply with the requirments of the I-864 or have a co-sponsor.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

What you have probably heard of is DCF cases, like mine. That is only if the USC has lived in the foreign country for a minimum of 6 months before petitioning though.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

My husband who is an American citizen(and Romanian too) also came to Romania to live with us ( me and children )after he filed for our I-130 papers at USCIS.

This thing does not have any connection to the speed of our immigration proceessing .

USCIS is not interested whether you choose to live with your spouse while the papers are ready and the visa is issued.Your moving with your husband is regarded as a personal choice and will not affect your immigration timeline .

AR 11 form is only to report the change of address of an alien in the United States.

So this form is not for citizens.

Edited by Ioana

IR-1 / IR-2 Visas( me and 2 children)

Event Date

Service Center :Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bucharest, Romania

Marriage : 2005-10-06

I-130 Sent : 2009-02-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-02-20

I-130 Approved :2009-03-06

NVC Received : 2009-03-13

case Completed at NVC : 2009-06-25

NVC Left : 2009-07-10

Medical examination : 2009-06-20

Interview Date : 2009-08-18

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.