johnholmessc

DCF Italy - Question about I864 with Joint Sponsor in the USA

67 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline
Never been nervous about interviews.. I just wish my wife could come with me to the embassy... It's ok, I'll do it myself :)

Should I take a couple of pictures with me to the embassy?? I got pics of us together with the twin towers in back of us ...

If you mean to the consulate, yes... I would definitely recommend bringing sufficient proof with you if your spouse is not going to be present, and given the fact that you did not apply via DCF. The consul might want to see more proof in this case. DCFers like myself who have been married for a relatively longer period of time tend to have less of a hurdle to overcome when it comes to evidence that conclusively proves a genuine relationship (we have been married for more than 2 years, which gives us the 10 year GC directly). My wife was accompanied to the consulate by both myself and our daughter, and that was obviously sufficient proof for the consul.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Never been nervous about interviews.. I just wish my wife could come with me to the embassy... It's ok, I'll do it myself :)

Should I take a couple of pictures with me to the embassy?? I got pics of us together with the twin towers in back of us ...

If you mean to the consulate, yes... I would definitely recommend bringing sufficient proof with you if your spouse is not going to be present, and given the fact that you did not apply via DCF. The consul might want to see more proof in this case. DCFers like myself who have been married for a relatively longer period of time tend to have less of a hurdle to overcome when it comes to evidence that conclusively proves a genuine relationship (we have been married for more than 2 years, which gives us the 10 year GC directly). My wife was accompanied to the consulate by both myself and our daughter, and that was obviously sufficient proof for the consul.

Ok, I understand, actually by the legal papers (the ones that NVC will send to the consulate) it will be clearly showed that she lived at my house since 2001 and that we are married since 2005... But is never bad to have some extra proof of our relationship... And plus, there is Christeen that will give me some good advice a couple of days before my interview :dance:

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Naples Italy

Marriage: 2005-02-13

I-130 Sent: 2009-01-20

I-130 Approved: 2009-08-18

NVC Received: 2009-08-XX

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-08-31

Pay I-864 Bill 2009-09-04

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-09-21

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-09-22

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-09-09

Receive IV Bill : 2009-09-15

Pay IV Bill : 2009-09-18

NVC received : 2009-09-25

NVC LOG IN FAILED : 2009-10-03 AAAAAAA!!!!?!!?!?!

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-10-05

NVC Left : 2009-10-13

Interview Date : 2009-11-17

Visa Received :

US Entry :

JUST SOME MORE TIME AND IT WILL BE OVER!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Ok, I understand, actually by the legal papers (the ones that NVC will send to the consulate) it will be clearly showed that she lived at my house since 2001 and that we are married since 2005... But is never bad to have some extra proof of our relationship... And plus, there is Christeen that will give me some good advice a couple of days before my interview :dance:

Yes, IF they ever schedule the interview!!! I am getting impatient now... Have everything ready to go just waitin on THEM... AGAIN!!! Since in both our cases (three of our cases including InterFc1) we each have been married a significant time (I have been married since 2003) I do not believe that the burdeon of proof for a legitimate marriage is going to be a HUGE issue. I know we have tons of pics, banking etc... together and enough photos to fill a truck (but we will only bring some) as well as we could answer questions about each others life and family as well as we could answer about ourselves by this point... So it will be OK... Just schedule the Damn Interview already!!!!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

Yes, IF they ever schedule the interview!!! I am getting impatient now... Have everything ready to go just waitin on THEM... AGAIN!!! Since in both our cases (three of our cases including InterFc1) we each have been married a significant time (I have been married since 2003) I do not believe that the burdeon of proof for a legitimate marriage is going to be a HUGE issue. I know we have tons of pics, banking etc... together and enough photos to fill a truck (but we will only bring some) as well as we could answer questions about each others life and family as well as we could answer about ourselves by this point... So it will be OK... Just schedule the Damn Interview already!!!!

Still waiting for something... Later I'll try to call the NVC :ph34r::clock:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I printed off and gathered a bunch of different things for evidence - as I might have mentioned previously, I tend to be overly prepared for these situations - and didn't end up needing anything. I had pictures, Christmas and Easter cards, our daughter's birth certificates, old train and plane tickets from trips that we took, etc. Didn't need any of it. The consul did not ask us for one piece of evidence. You might need something if you go alone, but I don't think that it would be that much. There was a guy in front of us who was by himself, not Italian (southeast Asia, I believe), met his wife on the Internet, etc. I was thinking that this guy would have been denied, but the consul just asked to see a few pictures of the wedding, a couple of additional questions, and he was approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

I printed off and gathered a bunch of different things for evidence - as I might have mentioned previously, I tend to be overly prepared for these situations - and didn't end up needing anything. I had pictures, Christmas and Easter cards, our daughter's birth certificates, old train and plane tickets from trips that we took, etc. Didn't need any of it. The consul did not ask us for one piece of evidence. You might need something if you go alone, but I don't think that it would be that much. There was a guy in front of us who was by himself, not Italian (southeast Asia, I believe), met his wife on the Internet, etc. I was thinking that this guy would have been denied, but the consul just asked to see a few pictures of the wedding, a couple of additional questions, and he was approved.

ALLRIGHT! Glad it went smoothly for you... Thanks too for the info.... My husbby is going alone (I am working and cannot get away) But I think he should be fine... After 9 years together and 6 years married I am sure we have enough evidence to sink a boat!!! But he will edit it down to our plane trips, the last 3 years of cards from me going onboard the ship with him, a photo album and a family photo book, just to be on the safe side...

I just wish they would schedule the interview!!! I'm getting tired of waiting! Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Timeline

ALLRIGHT! Glad it went smoothly for you... Thanks too for the info.... My husbby is going alone (I am working and cannot get away) But I think he should be fine... After 9 years together and 6 years married I am sure we have enough evidence to sink a boat!!! But he will edit it down to our plane trips, the last 3 years of cards from me going onboard the ship with him, a photo album and a family photo book, just to be on the safe side...

I just wish they would schedule the interview!!! I'm getting tired of waiting! Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

Yeah, the last part seems to be the worst... :angry::wacko:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.