spokaneblueyes

ADMISTRATIVE REVIEW

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

There seems to be a lot of confusion "out there" regarding administrative processing and administrative review. A lot of times even the consulates will flip the terms around in their correspondences from one to the other. This has been my experience and the experience of a few others here.

It was my understanding that "process" means they are doing standard security checks and "review" means they are investigating the case more thoroughly, but don't put 100% accuracy on this.

You may want to do a forum search on the topic. Hopefully another member who is more knowledgeable will be along to give you more accurate information.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Well. It can mean a lot of things, from looking over your evidence and paperwork, to doing home visits to check on the beneficiary, to sending to Washington for security/background checks by the Department of State/FBI/etc.

The timeframe can vary from merely hours to months, even years, depending on what the consulate determines needs to be done, which particular consulate you're dealing with, and a whole lot of other variables.

Sorry, but there is absolutely no guarantee on how quickly or slowly an AR might proceed. You can get some idea of what you might expect by taking a look at other similar cases that have gone through the same consulate, but remember -- no two cases are exactly alike.

At what stage are you in the process ? Have you gotten an interview scheduled yet ?

Wishing you all the best in your visa journey... I will add you to the Cheerleading thread so we can all root for you as you move through the system !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

We have an approved I 130 and had our interview at the embassy in tunisia. After the interview i was told immigration visa was going to be denied and sent back to the USA. But two later someone from the embassy was sent to interview his family in Tunis and now I am being told it is pending. I can not find anyone that this has happen to. Thank for the words of hope.

We have an approved I 130 and had our interview at the embassy in tunisia. After the interview i was told immigration visa was going to be denied and sent back to the USA. But two later someone from the embassy was sent to interview his family in Tunis and now I am being told it is pending. I can not find anyone that this has happen to. Thank for the words of hope.

AP/AR are two diffrent things. seems like if you got denied. its 221g. more likely to be TEMP denial.

thats a lot diffrent than 212. keep in mind you have 2 petitions pending. one is I-129f < k-3 >

the other is I-130. you need to find out specificly whats going on with your case by e mailing the embassy.

when sending anyting to the embassy, DOS or congressm man.

always include

your name, spouses name , spouses DOB, and your case number. also the following statement.

other wise they wont act on your behalf. good luck!

In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, you and your staff are hereby

authorized to freely discuss any and all aspects of my situation.

Sincerely,

shon.gif

Timeline

This really does seem like a 221g, which is not a denial "per se," but a notice that more information or investigation or processing is required before they can approve your visa.

As Shonnie mentioned here, a 212g is the consulate's official notice of intent to deny, and which informs you that your case is being sent back to USCIS for either re-affirmation or confirmation of denial. And it seems unlikely that the consulate would initiate a "home visit" to investigate further if they had already made the decision to issue a 212g.

Also, I can't remember a case where the actual document of 221g or 212g was not issued at the conclusion of the interview, but then again we haven't seen a whole lot of the cases going through Tunisia -- it's possible that it works differently than the "norm" everyone would expect.

But good advice from Shonnie here -- call or email the consulate, as well as your congress representative, and see what you can find out. You deserve to know !

By the way, what was the date of your interview ? I want to keep the Cheerleading thread updated, as this info is very useful to other members in understanding how each particular consulate operates.

Wishing you the very best in getting answers, and ending with success in your visa journey ! Please keep us "in the loop."

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
This really does seem like a 221g, which is not a denial "per se," but a notice that more information or investigation or processing is required before they can approve your visa.

As Shonnie mentioned here, a 212g is the consulate's official notice of intent to deny, and which informs you that your case is being sent back to USCIS for either re-affirmation or confirmation of denial. And it seems unlikely that the consulate would initiate a "home visit" to investigate further if they had already made the decision to issue a 212g.

Also, I can't remember a case where the actual document of 221g or 212g was not issued at the conclusion of the interview, but then again we haven't seen a whole lot of the cases going through Tunisia -- it's possible that it works differently than the "norm" everyone would expect.

But good advice from Shonnie here -- call or email the consulate, as well as your congress representative, and see what you can find out. You deserve to know !

By the way, what was the date of your interview ? I want to keep the Cheerleading thread updated, as this info is very useful to other members in understanding how each particular consulate operates.

Wishing you the very best in getting answers, and ending with success in your visa journey ! Please keep us "in the loop."

(F)

-MK

Those facts are a little off. Those of us that have had our petitions sent back to the CIS were issued a 221g, not a 212g. The difference means that in every sense of the word our cases are approvable, but they believe they have evidence that the CIS didn't have when they approved our petition. They have no authority to revoke the petition, so they have to send it back to the CIS to do it. I hope that made sense.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

(F)

-MK

Those facts are a little off. Those of us that have had our petitions sent back to the CIS were issued a 221g, not a 212g. The difference means that in every sense of the word our cases are approvable, but they believe they have evidence that the CIS didn't have when they approved our petition. They have no authority to revoke the petition, so they have to send it back to the CIS to do it. I hope that made sense.

Thank you for clarifying ! :thumbs:

So a 221g "may" or "may not" involve a send-back to the service center, but the 212g is a flat-out denial and guarantees a send-back to the service center. So, if the USCIS upholds the Consulate's decision to deny, then does USCIS issue a 212g ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Thank you wife of mahamoud and morocco4ever for the advice. I will call the embassy I was never given eather one of this form. My interview was on June 8th 2006 Nine month from the time I filed the I 130 with the embassy in Tunisia. Long wait to not to get a yes or a no. Just it being processed. LOL :whistle:

(F)

-MK

So a 221g "may" or "may not" involve a send-back to the service center, but the 212g is a flat-out denial and guarantees a send-back to the service center. So, if the USCIS upholds the Consulate's decision to deny, then does USCIS issue a 212g ?

I know what you are saying. but, sheila was issued 212. DENIED. because, she was found her marriage was

FRAUD. thats why I mentioned 212.

shon.gif

Timeline

(F)

-MK

I know what you are saying. but, sheila was issued 212. DENIED. because, she was found her marriage was

FRAUD. thats why I mentioned 212.

She was issued the 212 and then sent back to the CIS? I wonder if that was for the purpose of pursuing fraud charges or something else. All I know is that the consulate can deny giving the visa but they have no rights to revoke the petition. What is Sheila's story anyway? Can you share, or is this something personal to her?

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
well basicly. she was denied because, of manipulation of her marriage papers and misrepresentation.

which I suspect has an element of truth because, she is now persuing divorce and have already moved on. :(

Awww...this makes sense. They had strong enough evidence to give them the 212. Man that sucks. Those of us that have recieved the 221g and sent back to CIS have no proof whatsoever, they just don't believe us, that is why they didn't give us the 212.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.