thetreble

Bridezilla Update...(I think I'm OK posting this here...)

250 posts in this topic

Well, I have to admit - the grounds for divorce are absolutely correct - severe emotional abuse. The only problem is, she was the abuser!

Right you are on that! I hope she doesn't get a red cent.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hey Treble! I read this thread from start to finish and all the while I was thinking OMG I can totally relate. Except the witch-in-law, err I mean SIL isnt officially a SIL yet, shes still future-SIL and same deal, my hunnys family doesnt like her and SIL hates me and I hate her back and everyone (including the future BIL's best friend, coworkers and her own dog :lol: ) can see how evil she is... except my poor future BIL who just seems to blind and oblivious to her. I think its bec theyve been together for so long that he thinks marrying her is the right thing to do which maybe is why your BIL did that... *shrug*

I've got my fingers crossed! I really don't think she has a case. I can't see in my right mind how she could prove emotional abuse. I'd be quite happy if I was called to testify as a character witness or something like that!

Darkchild, I feel bad for you. This was a hellish situation that luckily in my case sorted itself out naturally. This girl literally treated myself and my family like ####### for months and thought she had every right to do so. The farce her family put on was something I've never seen before. I hope your situation ends up like mine, in the sense that you won't have to put up with her forever. I'm so relieved she will not be involved in my future, and especially not an aunt to my unborn children.

Unfortunately for my brother in law, it's going to cost him in some way or another. He's got a good lawyer. He couldn't get the marriage annulled. They were technically only married for about 12 days before she moved out and they separated. But, when he went to see if he could get it annulled, according to NJ law, he had to legally separate for 6 months and then he could be legally divorced. I just thought she'd claim irreconcilable differences, not emotional abuse! :lol: My brother in law is such a nice, hard working, sincere guy! That makes it worse...it really does.

I will update you guys to tell you what ends up happening. I hope this story makes people really think about many MANY things. Some times you 100% believe you are with the right person, even if they are ruining your life.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Darkchild, I feel bad for you. This was a hellish situation that luckily in my case sorted itself out naturally. This girl literally treated myself and my family like ####### for months and thought she had every right to do so. The farce her family put on was something I've never seen before. I hope your situation ends up like mine, in the sense that you won't have to put up with her forever. I'm so relieved she will not be involved in my future, and especially not an aunt to my unborn children.

Thanks Treble! My situation hasnt escalated to yours, YET. I think its because the future WIL has met utmost resistance from the future BIL for marriage. Shes been trying to marry him for the past 3 years and he finally said yes this year :( Hehe when I got engaged last year, she wouldnt talk to HIM (future BIL) or me... :blink: Now they are engaged and she is doing all she can to make him happy (prolly because he might still change his mind), but I do think she will be a bridezilla during her "wedding month" and as soon as the marriage contract is signed, her real personality will unravel.

Anyway after four years of keeping my mouth shut and undergoing many hurtful experiences with her, I finally told the hunny that I just dont want to deal with her. If family events are called, Ill be civil, but dont expect me to call her over for tea, etc. To my surprise he actually agrees with me!

I dont think my future WIL is as bad as your ex SIL (atm) and Ive given up any hope that the future BIL will wake up... Thus, I do worry that my children will have to interact with her spawns in the future (to that, I am going to make the fiance sign a will that in the event that something happens to us, our future children will go to MY siblings :lol:). Who knows what will happen in a few months or years, but right now all I can do is set the rules of engagement between me and her to my hunny because I refuse to take any sh*t from her.

Unfortunately for my brother in law, it's going to cost him in some way or another.

I am so sorry that your BIL is going through this, but this might be the best investment he will make ever! There is no monetary amount to freedom and peace of mind! I do hope that he will not be severely burned after this experience (it is hard not to be, but I hope he will recover after some time) and that he finds someone who is as wonderful as he is!

Goodluck! I am on your side and I will wait for further, hopefully, good news!

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

wow, and just when life for him had turned a corner, she right back in his life and more venomous than ever. :o

I think we should start a legal fund for him to buy the best divorce lawyer there is!

Timeline
Darkchilde..... what's a WIL? lol

"Witch-in-Law" B)

Removal of Conditions:

Darkchilde..... what's a WIL? lol

I think that would be "Witch-In-Law" :lol:

Edited...because apparently I can't spell :lol:

Edited by J&K

AOS/EAD

04/07/07 - Sent AOS/EAD to Chicago

04/09/07 - Received at Chicago Lockbox

04/16/07 - NOA Date

05/10/07 - Transferred to CSC

05/30/07 - Case Pending at CSC

06/19/07 - Card Production Ordered for AOS

06/22/07 - Approval Notice Sent for AOS

06/23/07 - Welcome to America Letter received!

06/27/07 - Green Card Received

Removing Conditions

06/03/09 - Sent I-751

06/04/09 - Received at VSC

06/05/09 - NOA1

07/01/09 - Biometrics - Alexandria, VA

07/02/09 - the Lonely Touch

10/29/09 - Approved!

11/04/09 - Card Production Ordered

3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif John 3dflags_can0001-0001a.gifKrystin = 3dflags_usava01-0001a.gif

3D Flags

Timeline

Darkchild, what you are describing is EXACTLY how this girl was. She bothered my BIL for YEARS to get married...and he finally said yes to her to shut her up! And her wedding month was more like a wedding YEAR. :lol:

My eyes filled with grit

Timeline
Darkchild, what you are describing is EXACTLY how this girl was. She bothered my BIL for YEARS to get married...and he finally said yes to her to shut her up! And her wedding month was more like a wedding YEAR. :lol:

SIGH. Well I guess Ill find out in June :P I wonder why our families (yours and my future family) didnt say anything about the ex/future WIL before the big wedding event huh? From what I can gather from your first posts, it seems like your FIL finally said something but it was a matter of weeks to the wedding. Anyway I just tell myself at least she has some entertainment value, because something ALWAYS happens around her. Makes for awesome gossip conversation when Im out with my girlfriends ;)

Removal of Conditions:

Timeline

treble...

Geezus, I just read this whole 15 pages!!!!

#######? I'm sorry for your BILs hassles -- this woman sounds fvcked up. What a waste of time, money and effort.

Do people like her wake up in the morning and think, "wow, I am just awesome!"

I wonder that sometimes.

hope he gets through it okay. I have no words of advise nor anything wise to say so...

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

God, I hope not! Except for maybe you krikit because, well... you ARE awesome!

:D

I usually wake up in the morning thinking, "#######!!! Where am I? Oh. coffee, coffee, coffee, coffee... "

Do people like her wake up in the morning and think, "wow, I am just awesome!"

So.... is that not normal, then? lol

Edited by lgg

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

omg I just read the whole story for the first time , i feel bad for your family but glad your bil woke up ,

gotha say omg this is one hell of a soap pup ( sorry no harm intented )

am glad your bil got out but wow her demands are way out there , how can she ask for him to pay her dept she brought into the eh yeah marriage , she had this dept before marriage .

like others said you should defenatly write a book title how to avoid gold diggers

am realy sorry your family has to go trough this

129f for K1 visa filed in march 07 check my timeline for full info

03 March 2008 , received welcome letter and 2 year GC yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh

22 NOV 2009 to lift condition GC expires 22 Feb 2010

24 Nov 09 send in I 751 ( ROC , in VT )

25 Nov 09 Your item was delivered at 12:10 PM in SAINT ALBANS, VT 05479 to INS .

30 Nov 09 Check Cashed

21 Dec 09 biometric

On March 9, 2010, we ordered production of your new card.

12 March 2010 received approval letter in mail

16 March 2010 10 year Green Card received in mail exp date March 09 / 2020

April 14/2017 send N400 

04/25/17 credit card charged 

04/25/17 e mail NOA send 

05/01/17 hard copy of NOA dated 04/25 received in mail

05/06/17 biometric hard copy in mail 

05/19/17 Biometric appointment in Hartford CT 

07/17/17 Inline for Interview 

07/24/17 Interview letter in mail 

08/24/17 Interview in Springfield MA ... Yes Aproved

09/14/17 Oath Ceremony .... done I am a US citizen

09/22/17 Applied for Passport ( per reg mail ) 

10/04/17 got passport in mail  

10/13/17 got certificate in mail  , updated status with social security office 

AM DONE YEAHHHHHHHHHHH 

Timeline

:lol: lgg...I'm not sure what she thinks when she wakes up....although we do know she's already looking for another mate so I guess she wasn't very much in love.

Darkchild, we actually had an intervention months before the wedding. You could see how incredibly unhappy he was so we did sit him down and say..."Is everything ok?". Also, she was out of control months and months before the wedding. She was ripping on every one..me, my sis in law, my father in law...so we did say something about it eventually.

The worst part was..for awhile, every one thought my sister in law and I were being unfair and should just suck it up. It was awful. I kinda felt like every one thought we were doing things to displease her.

My father in law was shocked when she finally reached him and laid some pretty awful things out on the table in terms of him and her. He then realized she had been horrible to us all along and felt SO bad.

My BIL still went through with it though..I think he felt like he had no choice..that things would be worse if he didn;t marry her. And, I think he though she'd still change.

The worst part, although its kinda funny, is that weeks after they had separated his boss and co workers through him a congratulations party with a cake and gifts and all. He was SO embarrassed since they didn't know what was going on...he is a private person and I think that's how things should be at work. But he was SUPER embarrassed. haha

My eyes filled with grit

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.