6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

On July 6th 2009, my wife and I had our AOS appointment and all went well except my wife was missing 3 vaccination shots that we were unaware of that she needed. The Immigration Officer said all was well and we had passed our interview and all we needed was the 3 vaccinations and issued us a RFE to complete Vacinnations within 30 days. This was done at our local health department on July 7th and sent certified same day.

My question is since my Wife had her Civil Surgeon exam less than a year ago, will the copies from the health department that I sent be OK for the RFE or will they ask us to again have to go through a civil surgeon for a full exam again and complete another I-693.

Thanks for you input or experience.

Robertjay

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On July 6th 2009, my wife and I had our AOS appointment and all went well except my wife was missing 3 vaccination shots that we were unaware of that she needed. The Immigration Officer said all was well and we had passed our interview and all we needed was the 3 vaccinations and issued us a RFE to complete Vacinnations within 30 days. This was done at our local health department on July 7th and sent certified same day.

My question is since my Wife had her Civil Surgeon exam less than a year ago, will the copies from the health department that I sent be OK for the RFE or will they ask us to again have to go through a civil surgeon for a full exam again and complete another I-693.

Thanks for you input or experience.

Robertjay

If your RFE stated it was for those three vaccines then you should be ok. If they wanted a freash medical, it would have been stated in the RFE. All the best!!!!

As a K-1, you do not need another full medical exam as long as you are filing AOS within one year of the time of your medical exam for your visa issuance. However, you will need a civil surgeon to complete the vaccination section of form I-693 to submit to USCIS. Here are the related instructions for the I-693 form:

2. What if I am a K nonimmigrant visa holder and already had a medical exam overseas?

If you were admitted as a:

A. K-1 fiancé(e) or a K-2 child of a K-1 fiancé(e), or as a

B. K-3 spouse of a U.S. citizen or a K-4 child of a K-3spouse of a U.S. citizen, and

C. You received a medical examination prior to admission, then-

a. You are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485,Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination.

b. You will, however, be required to complete Part1, Information about you, and submit the vaccination section of Part 2 with your adjustment of status application.
A designated civil surgeon
must complete the vaccination section and Part 5, the Civil Surgeon's Certification.

Since you already had your shots at the health department, you should find a civil surgeon that will transfer the shot record information to the I-693 form, usually for a small fee, and then sign the certificaton portion. It is my understanding that the USCIS will only accept this form of documentation from a civil surgeon and your local health department record will not work.

Hope that helps!

Scott

Removing Conditions on Wife's GC

08/14/09-Mailed Packet to CSC

08/24/09-Packet Received at CSC

08/24/09-Check Cashed

09/16/09-NOA 1 Received (My Error)

09/16/09-Biometrics

10/20/09-Interview PASSED!!!!

10/28/09-Approval Notice Received via US Mail

AOS for Daughter's K-2

07/14/09 - Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

07/16/09 - Received AOS Packet in Chicago

07/27/09 - NOA1 Received

08/10/09 - Biometrics ---DONE!!!---

09/16/09 - Interview Date AOS Held Pending Outcome of Wife's I-751

10/20/09 - Mir Passes ROC Interview

10/23/09 - Email received-Card Production Ordered!Woohooo!!!

Follow whatever was in your RFE letter. No more, no less.

Feb 07 - met my Dream Guy

Jun 08 - arrived in the US

Jul 08 - ♥♥♥ WEDDING DAY ♥♥♥

Jul 09 - Temp GC received

Mar 12 - 10 yr GC received

Aug 13 - Naturalized

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uzbekistan
Timeline

Thanks all, It should be noted that both the Civil Surgeons in my area (we only have two) would not do the Vaccinations without the full Medical exam. I found out they give the exam and then send you to the same health dept that we went to ourselves. I will wait and cross my fingers that they will except the Health Dept certifacation that I sent them.

Warmest Regards,

Robertjay

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.