tkl003

Living donor transplant

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi guys,

It's soo great to have access to all this information here.

I and my Husband (USC) have decided that once we overcome this current hurdle, we will reside in Ireland. I have tried to visit him in 2006 with a visitor's visa but was denied, since then I have refused to go anywhere near the US embassy. We got married here in Ireland in May this year, he could only leave the states for 6 days, so we rushed a wedding blessing to take place during his visit here. He is currently on Dialysis 3 times a week. If i need to see him, I go to Mexico and he will come over for the weekend then back to his medical situation in the US.

I have decided to be donor now, but it means going to the embassy to ask for a tourist visa. My husband is saying I have to say I am his fiance on the forms because we only had a blessing ceremony, as we are planning to legalize it in sept this yr(1). The hospital will b writing to the embassy as well to tell them I will be coming and they will cover the medical expences (2). what are social economic ties? or does it still apply.

I have 3 kids but they will not be travelling with me.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I would probably say you are the "girlfriend" rather than fiancee; if you say fiancee, they may think you plan to get married and stay in the US. Make sure you do not call him your husband at any stage, that could cause big trouble.

Having the three kids and them staying in Ireland will proof you have ties there (socio ties). Other good things to show is having a job to go back to, a mortgage or lease agreement, Irish bank account (economic ties)... anything that shows you have ties in Ireland and plan to return.

It is unusual for an Irish person to be refused a visitors visa. If you tell us more about why it was denied and your history (for example were you ever deported, do you have criminal convictions etc), we may be able to help further.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
tkl003: That last bit of info. helps people a lot to give advice. If you were born in Germany then do you have: permanent residency/citizenship there, a German passport and/or the ability to return to Germany and fly out from there?

No, i have Nigerian Nationality. I have resided in Ireland for 9 years.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: China
Timeline
tkl003: That last bit of info. helps people a lot to give advice. If you were born in Germany then do you have: permanent residency/citizenship there, a German passport and/or the ability to return to Germany and fly out from there?

No, i have Nigerian Nationality. I have resided in Ireland for 9 years.

most european countries do not grant citizenship by birth, but by the nationality of parents. the USA is unusual, in this regard, to our detriment, IMHO.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.