absolutnina

A few question regarding the AOS Package!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi,

I am in the process of filing all the forms and here are my questions:

1. Since I entered the US legally on the VWP, USCIS and every lawyer I have spoken to are telling me the same, that it is without any problems for me to get married on the VWP and to send in the application after my visa expires which is tomorrow!!!! Anyways, I am still worried, cause from tomorrow I will be here on a "out of status" status!!! My question is since they will ask me if i intended to get married WHAT proof from Sweden should I start collecting? Again, I have been here since 2004, and I do not have any assets like house, apt, car, or even a job back home in Sweden. I can ask the company I was working as a freelance for a few weeks before coming here to write me a letter, and I have my bank account there, my proof of ticket back to Sweden (which is tomorrow, but I will not be using). What should I do? Is that going to be enough?

2. On the I-765 form they are asking me what i am applying for:

a. permission to accept employment

b. replacement

c. renewal of my permission to accept employment

Since during my OPT year here I received a employment authorization card, does that mean I should put C?

Thanks for your answers!

Nina

How can you be here on VWP which lasts for 90 days but you say you've been here since 2004?

Adjust from VWP:

Marriage on day 64

06/29/09 - AOS package sent

07/01/09 - Package received via FedEx @ Chicago

07/08/09 - Received NOA

07/27/09 - Received Advanced Parole document dated 7/22

08/04/09 - Biometrics Appointment

08/12/09 - Received EAD Card

08/14/09 - Applied for Social Security Card

09/15/09 - Interview in Fairfax, VA ***APPROVED***

09/15/09 - Card Production Ordered

09/19/09 - Welcome to the USA letter received.

09/24/09 - Green Card in Hand

Time from Application receipt to Approval: 76 days.

Remove conditions: 09/2011

Remove conditions initial application: 7/6/2011 Approval: 4/17/2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
How can you be here on VWP which lasts for 90 days but you say you've been here since 2004?

I think the OP is saying they were in the US previously on a visa and had work authorisation. They then left the US and returned to Sweden. They then later rentered the US on a VWP but I may be wrong - I was once :P

lolfs.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Your questions #2, NO, YOU PUT A.

APPLYING FOR NEW ONE!

I used a month of my OPT so i had a EAD card only good for that month. Now I need to apply a NEW EAD card for my AOS.

I have confirmed this with my lawyer last friday.

Hi,

I am in the process of filing all the forms and here are my questions:

1. Since I entered the US legally on the VWP, USCIS and every lawyer I have spoken to are telling me the same, that it is without any problems for me to get married on the VWP and to send in the application after my visa expires which is tomorrow!!!! Anyways, I am still worried, cause from tomorrow I will be here on a "out of status" status!!! My question is since they will ask me if i intended to get married WHAT proof from Sweden should I start collecting? Again, I have been here since 2004, and I do not have any assets like house, apt, car, or even a job back home in Sweden. I can ask the company I was working as a freelance for a few weeks before coming here to write me a letter, and I have my bank account there, my proof of ticket back to Sweden (which is tomorrow, but I will not be using). What should I do? Is that going to be enough?

2. On the I-765 form they are asking me what i am applying for:

a. permission to accept employment

b. replacement

c. renewal of my permission to accept employment

Since during my OPT year here I received a employment authorization card, does that mean I should put C?

Thanks for your answers!

Nina

Edited by texaspanpan

ROC

7/12 - Sent I-751 Package by USPS

7/15 - Package was delivered at 11am

7/15 - Date of NOA

7/19 - Check was cashed

7/19 - NOA letter was received

7/28 - Biometrics letter received, date- 8/23/2011

8/01 - Early Biometric was done

11/15 - Card Production ordered

11/19 - 10 years Green Card arrived.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.