antda

N-400 July 2009 and August 2009 Filers.....

624 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ok Found it

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2845698

I'm applying based on three years of permanent residence, but the N-400 asks in part 6 about residence and employment for the past five years, and in part 7 it asks about days and trips outside the US for the past five years. What do I do?

The law only cares about the past three years, but the form very clearly asks about five. You can take the questions literally and answer them for the past five years. You won't be denied or delayed for showing a bunch of time outside the US if you do this. People have also reported success by striking out the word "five" and writing "three", and answering the questions for the past three years. Whatever you do, don't lie or mislead. At your interview, expect the officer to go over the N-400 and get the information that they really need about the past three years, regardless of how you interpret those written questions. Note that question 7C asks about trips "since becoming a lawful permanent resident", without saying anything about any particular time period, so answer it as written.

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USCIS Lockbox Arizona

UserName................ Sent.............NOA1.........Biometrics......Int letter rec......Interview.........Oath..........Office

Alyssa84............... 07/02/09........07/06/09........--/--/--........--/--/--............--/--/--........--/--/--.......???

USCIS Lockbox Texas

UserName................ Sent.............NOA1.........Biometrics.....Int letter rec.......Interview.........Oath..........Office

Fasi....................07/06/09........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--............--/--/--........--/--/--.......???

Anya-D..................07/14/09........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--............--/--/--........--/--/--.......Raleigh, NC

PrinceandPrincess.......07/17/09........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--............--/--/--........--/--/--.......Dallas, TX

AntandD.................08/18/09........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--............--/--/--........--/--/--.......Buffalo, NY

Instructions for adding/updating yourself (or assisting others) to this list:

1. Please make sure you are using Rich Text Editor as your message setting.

2. Click 'Reply' on the most recent/updated posting version of this list (not a quoted response).

3. Remove quotes (top and bottom) around the list.

4. ALWAYS use Courier New font. Font size 2

5. DO NOT delete these instructions.

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Anya-D,

Thanks for finding that extra information about the five vs. three years for filling out the forms. Makes sense just to cross out five and write three instead, as other people have been approved by doing that...

I agree, the key here is not to lie or mislead.....So as long as the answers are consistent there, it should be ok, regardless of if filing for five or three years.

Ant

Hi Ant,

I read on the instruction on the Guide and somewhere it said to cross out the Five and replace with Three, that's what I did. But yesterday someone posted a topic "Is this a Joke" and someone said she wouldnt remember all 5 years trip and nobody seems to say that it's only 3 years.. so it got me panic!!! Some people said to use 5 years.. but it wont make any sense.. you know..since you will be out of the US for about 1-2 years!

I'll go dig out what I found...

Ok Found it

I'm applying based on three years of permanent residence, but the N-400 asks in part 6 about residence and employment for the past five years, and in part 7 it asks about days and trips outside the US for the past five years. What do I do?

The law only cares about the past three years, but the form very clearly asks about five. You can take the questions literally and answer them for the past five years. You won't be denied or delayed for showing a bunch of time outside the US if you do this. People have also reported success by striking out the word "five" and writing "three", and answering the questions for the past three years. Whatever you do, don't lie or mislead. At your interview, expect the officer to go over the N-400 and get the information that they really need about the past three years, regardless of how you interpret those written questions. Note that question 7C asks about trips "since becoming a lawful permanent resident", without saying anything about any particular time period, so answer it as written.

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Updated List...

Ant

P.S. Thanks PrinceandPrincess for further updating the formating (uggh..I still couldn't get it right before....glad you could help here)!

USCIS Lockbox Arizona

UserName................ Sent.............NOA1.........Biometrics......Int letter rec......Interview.........Oath..........Office

Alyssa84............... 07/02/09........07/06/09........--/--/--........--/--/--............--/--/--........--/--/--.......Saint Paul, MN

USCIS Lockbox Texas

UserName................ Sent.............NOA1.........Biometrics.....Int letter rec.......Interview.........Oath..........Office

Fasi....................07/06/09........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--............--/--/--........--/--/--.......Detroit, MI

Anya-D..................07/14/09........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--............--/--/--........--/--/--.......Raleigh, NC

PrinceandPrincess.......07/17/09........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--............--/--/--........--/--/--.......Dallas, TX

AntandD.................08/18/09........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--............--/--/--........--/--/--.......Buffalo, NY

2. Click 'Reply' on the most recent/updated posting version of this list (not a quoted response).

Edited by AntandD

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Updated List...

Added Fasi's NOA info....

Ant

USCIS Lockbox Arizona

Alyssa84............... 07/02/09........07/06/09........--/--/--........--/--/--............--/--/--........--/--/--.......Saint Paul, MN

USCIS Lockbox Texas

Fasi....................07/06/09........07/10/09........--/--/--........--/--/--............--/--/--........--/--/--.......Detroit, MI

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Updated List...

Just Added my timeline

USCIS Lockbox Arizona

USCIS Lockbox Texas

Fasi....................07/06/09........07/10/09........--/--/--........--/--/--............--/--/--........--/--/--.......Detroit, MI

Zombie2006...........07/21/09........--/--/--........--/--/--........--/--/--............--/--/--........--/--/--.......Charlotte, NC

Ok Found it

I sent my Application yesterday. Here's what i answered for those questions about trips and days outside of US.

I applied based on 3 yrs of LPR and marriage to a US Citizen

1. how many days outside of US in the last 5 years? 400

2. No. of trips outside of USA in the last 5 years? 1

3. Days outside of US since becoming a PR? 28

I guess i should be fine with those answers. AM sure they will not just deny my app based on that. Atleast i should be getting a chance in the interview to explain that.

Edited by zombie2006

N-400

DO Charlotte, NC

07/21/2009: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07/24/2009: Check Cashed

07/30/2009: NOA Received

08/03/2009: FP Notice Received

08/13/2009: FP Appointment

I-751

07/15/2008: Mailed I-751

07/29/2008: Received NOA1 dated 07/19/08

08/09/2008: Received NOA2 dated 08/05/08

08/26/2008: Biometrics Done

02/25/2009: Case Transferred to CSC

04/09/2009: Approval letter received

05/16/2009: Card Received

Timeline

Updated List...

USCIS Lockbox Arizona

UserName............... Sent............NOA1........Biometrics.....Int Letter......Interview.......Oath.........Office

Alyssa84.............. 07/02/09.......07/06/09.......--/--/--.......--/--/--... ....--/--/--......--/--/--......Saint Paul, MN

USCIS Lockbox Texas

UserName............... Sent............NOA1........Biometrics.....Int Letter......Interview.......Oath.........Office

Fasi...................07/06/09.......07/10/09.......--/--/--.......--/--/--........--/--/--......--/--/--......Detroit, MI

Anya-D.................07/14/09.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--........--/--/--......--/--/--......Raleigh, NC

PrinceandPrincess......07/17/09.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--........--/--/--......--/--/--......Dallas, TX

roi_aggie..............07/20/09.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--........--/--/--......--/--/--......Orlando, FL

AntandD................08/18/09.......--/--/--.......--/--/--.......--/--/--........--/--/--......--/--/--......Buffalo, NY

Edited by roi_aggie

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline

Changed format...

USCIS Lockbox Arizona

UserName...............Sent..........NOA1......Biometrics...Int Letter...Interview......Oath........Office

Alyssa84..............07/02/09.....07/06/09.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....Saint Paul, MN

USCIS Lockbox Texas

UserName...............Sent..........NOA1......Biometrics...Int Letter...Interview......Oath........Office

Fasi..................07/06/09.....07/10/09.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....Detroit, MI

Anya-D................07/14/09.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....Raleigh, NC

PrinceandPrincess.....07/17/09.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....Dallas, TX

roi_aggie.............07/20/09.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....Orlando, FL

AntandD...............08/18/09.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....Buffalo, NY

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

I-751 Timeline

N-400 Timeline

Timeline

Update!!! NOA1 recieved!! Weird that they sent it from MO...Missouri? I sent it to TX!

USCIS Lockbox Arizona

Alyssa84..............07/02/09.....07/06/09.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....Saint Paul, MN

USCIS Lockbox Texas

Fasi..................07/06/09.....07/10/09.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....Detroit, MI

Anya-D................07/14/09.....07/22/09.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....Raleigh, NC

PrinceandPrincess.....07/17/09.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....Dallas, TX

roi_aggie.............07/20/09.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....Orlando, FL

AntandD...............08/18/09.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....--/--/--.....Buffalo, NY

K-1 = 4 months

AOS = 5 months

I-751 = almost one year

I Love My Life With You

"A society is judged by how it treats its animals and elderly"

Timeline

Changed format again...

USCIS Lockbox Arizona

UserName.............Sent........NOA1....Biometrics..Int Letter..Interview....Oath......Office

Alyssa84............07/02/09...07/06/09...--/--/--....--/--/--...--/--/--...--/--/--...Saint Paul, MN

USCIS Lockbox Texas

UserName.............Sent........NOA1....Biometrics..Int Letter..Interview....Oath......Office

Fasi................07/06/09...07/10/09...--/--/--....--/--/--...--/--/--...--/--/--...Detroit, MI

Anya-D..............07/14/09...07/22/09...--/--/--....--/--/--...--/--/--...--/--/--...Raleigh, NC

PrinceandPrincess...07/17/09...--/--/--...--/--/--....--/--/--...--/--/--...--/--/--...Dallas, TX

roi_aggie...........07/20/09...--/--/--...--/--/--....--/--/--...--/--/--...--/--/--...Orlando, FL

AntandD.............08/18/09...--/--/--...--/--/--....--/--/--...--/--/--...--/--/--...Buffalo, NY

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

I-751 Timeline

N-400 Timeline

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Can someone please add me to the list?

I sent my N-400 package 07/17/2009 to the Texas address. My local office is Charlotte, NC.

This one will be interesting to watch. Unbelievably, approvals from this particular office were 12-14 months only a couple of years ago (ugh). I'm hoping things have changed dramatically since then. I know in another part of the state (an hour and a half away) they're going through the entire process in about 3-4 months.

I'm crossing my fingers for a speedy naturalization process for everyone. :clock:

Thanks!

Jo-Anne

Timeline

Adding CanAmCharlotte

USCIS Lockbox Arizona

Alyssa84............07/02/09...07/06/09...--/--/--....--/--/--...--/--/--...--/--/--...Saint Paul, MN

USCIS Lockbox Texas

Fasi................07/06/09...07/10/09...--/--/--....--/--/--...--/--/--...--/--/--...Detroit, MI

Anya-D..............07/14/09...07/22/09...--/--/--....--/--/--...--/--/--...--/--/--...Raleigh, NC

PrinceandPrincess...07/17/09...--/--/--...--/--/--....--/--/--...--/--/--...--/--/--...Dallas, TX

CanAmCharlotte......07/17/09...--/--/--...--/--/--....--/--/--...--/--/--...--/--/--...Charlotte, NC

roi_aggie...........07/20/09...--/--/--...--/--/--....--/--/--...--/--/--...--/--/--...Orlando, FL

AntandD.............08/18/09...--/--/--...--/--/--....--/--/--...--/--/--...--/--/--...Buffalo, NY

Edited by roi_aggie

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

I-751 Timeline

N-400 Timeline

Filed: Timeline

UPDATING MY FINGERPRINTS APPOINTMENT .I GOT LETTER YESTERDAY .I AM PLANING TO DO WALKIN MAY BE TOMORROW OR ON FRIDAY

USCIS Lockbox Arizona

USCIS Lockbox Texas

Fasi................07/06/09...07/10/09...08/04/09....--/--/--...--/--/--...--/--/--...Detroit, MI

CanAmCharlotte......07/17/09...--/--/--...--/--/--....--/--/--...--/--/--...--/--/--...Charlotte, NC

CAN SOME BODY PLEASE ADD MY FINGERPRINT APPOINTMENT . I TRIED BUT IT DID NOT WORK THANK YOU GUYS

Timeline

USCIS Lockbox Arizona

USCIS Lockbox Texas

Fasi................07/06/09...07/10/09...08/04/09....--/--/--...--/--/--...--/--/--...Detroit, MI

K-1 Timeline

AOS Timeline

I-751 Timeline

N-400 Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.