Mike's Lucy

San Francisco for honeymoon

26 posts in this topic

Hello VJers,

Me and my husband will be having our delayed honeymoon in San Francisco this coming August. I am looking forward for this trip because I really want to see the San Francisco bridge and the Alcatraz while my husband wants to go the wine country. What other parts of this state that we must see guys? We'll rent a car at the airport but we'll be there for 3 days only. Any suggestion's appreciated.

Visit My Website

Nothing Worth Having is Easy.

Filed: Timeline

I gots to push the Russian River. There is Korbel Champagne in Guerneville, and Windsor offers Hot Air Balloon tours of the wineries and the Russian River Valley. The Sonoma Coast is an amazing sight, with good food in both Jenner, at the mouth of the Russian River, and at Bodega Bay, where the San Andreas Fault meets the Pacific Ocean.

And, of course, you can just follow the signs, in Napa and Sonoma counties, and never run out of wineries to visit, and wine to taste. Farther north, if you don't mind the drive, there is the Skunk Train, a day's ride there and back from Willets to Ft. Brag, where you can stop for lunch.

Congratulations!

We were there a last May for only a day and a half. We took a 3 hour bus tour, which took you out to places you may or may not get to, and you also get some good history.

I also love Fishermans warf, and pier 39!! Much fun. (or at least for me) You also need to go see Lombard Street. You will on the bus tour, but you're too far away. If you are renting a car, you have to drive down it! The worlds crookedest street! We also had to do a harbour tour, only cause you go under the Golden Gate, be prepared for wind!!

And of course, a trolley downtown. Easy to catch and fun to ride! Especially when they get stuck going up those hills!! What an adventure.

I love San Fransisco!! We didn't have time to do it all, and I hope to get back. I'd love to go through china town.

Have a great and wonderful time. I know you will!

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

in san francisco:

you must do fisherman's wharf/ghiradelli square and pier 39. if possible take a bay boat tour their fun you can see angel island, alcatraz and both bridges. chinatown/north beach (little italy) are neighboring areas and a nice walk. lombard street (the crookedest street in the world!) coit tower, the cliff house is beautiful and has romantic restaurants.

if you are going to do some driving you could also see hearst castle, monterey/carmel and san luis obispo too!

i live in san francisco so i can make some restuarant recommendations if you like...enjoy!

ROC Timeline

18 NOV 2010 Sent 1.8lb packet to USCIS in Laguna Niguel (day 1)

19 NOV 2010 Package signed for V SEMEGI (day 2)

24 NOV 2010 Package returned because USC didn't sign petition (day 6)

calendar reset

26 NOV 2010 Package sent out again (day 1)

29 NOV 2010 Package signed for by V SEMEGI (day 3)

29 NOV 2010 NOA1 issued (day 3)

03 DEC 2010 Hardcopy of NOA received (day 7)

07 JAN 2011 Successful walk in biometrics (day 42) original date 1 FEB

01 MAR 2011 Date on Approval notice (although it arrived after the card did) (day 94)

03 MAR 2011 Card received (day 96)

Chinatown is a colorful neighborhood where you can window shop and enjoy the best Chinese food on the west coast.

No trip to Frisco is complete without a drive over the Golden Gate bridge. There are turn offs from the road (just north of the bridge) where you can take photos of the bridge with downtown SF in the background.

For stunning scenery, drive south through Big Sur, or, as Mr. Bill suggests, north through the Sonama coast.

Don't forget to stop by Chow King in Vallejo, and Jollibee's in Union City. :whistle: A Filipino friend tells me that the Chicken Joy at the Vallejo Chow King is better than in the Philippines. :yes:

Enjoy!

~ Tahoma

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

San Fran is really a neat place geographically. Check out China town, Golden gate bridge, fisherman's wharf, alcatraz, the "world's crookedest street".

Too bad it's so full of ####### freaks.

29ngqhd.jpg

I gots to push the Russian River. There is Korbel Champagne in Guerneville, and Windsor offers Hot Air Balloon tours of the wineries and the Russian River Valley. The Sonoma Coast is an amazing sight, with good food in both Jenner, at the mouth of the Russian River, and at Bodega Bay, where the San Andreas Fault meets the Pacific Ocean.

And, of course, you can just follow the signs, in Napa and Sonoma counties, and never run out of wineries to visit, and wine to taste. Farther north, if you don't mind the drive, there is the Skunk Train, a day's ride there and back from Willets to Ft. Brag, where you can stop for lunch.

Congratulations!

Mike here,

We will be in Santa Rosa specifically to go to the Russian River Brewery. I love that place! I'm Much more into beer than wine, and California is great for good brew.

On the way up north I'm sure we will stop at a couple wineries. Thanks for the tips.

Visit My Website

Hello VJers,

Me and my husband will be having our delayed honeymoon in San Francisco this coming August. I am looking forward for this trip because I really want to see the San Francisco bridge and the Alcatraz while my husband wants to go the wine country. What other parts of this state that we must see guys? We'll rent a car at the airport but we'll be there for 3 days only. Any suggestion's appreciated.

If you have the time and looking for a bit of nature...A drive north up the coastal highway (Highway 1) with a return trip

through the highway of the Giants (Giant Redwood Forest) is a nice day trip.

Another,,, good trip if crossing the GoldenGate is to spend part of the day in Sausalito. It is just across the bridge on the right.

Of course,,, Food, Food, Food... China Town, Little Italy, and of course getting a little homesick Daly City is home to lots of Filipinos

including the presense of a Goldilocks.

Also, keep in mind. Depending on where you plan to spend your time... It is very expensive to park around SF and usually quicker and

easier to use public transportation. When traveling on business there we usually rent a car during the weekends when we do the day trips.

And use the subway/trolley/taxi during the week around the Warf and Downtown areas.

Enjoy,

We are just using the car one day so we can drive up to Santa Rosa. The two days in San Fran will be public transport or foot.

Thanks!

Hello VJers,

If you have the time and looking for a bit of nature...A drive north up the coastal highway (Highway 1) with a return trip

Another,,, good trip if crossing the GoldenGate is to spend part of the day in Sausalito. It is just across the bridge on the right.

Of course,,, Food, Food, Food... China Town, Little Italy, and of course getting a little homesick Daly City is home to lots of Filipinos

Also, keep in mind. Depending on where you plan to spend your time... It is very expensive to park around SF and usually quicker and

easier to use public transportation. When traveling on business there we usually rent a car during the weekends when we do the day trips.

And use the subway/trolley/taxi during the week around the Warf and Downtown areas.

Enjoy,

Visit My Website

We are just using the car one day so we can drive up to Santa Rosa. The two days in San Fran will be public transport or foot.

Thanks!

Hello VJers,

Enjoy,

Santa Rosa is a nice place. There's a lot of wineries there and some state parks. Windsor is close to Santa Rosa. You might want to visit the Kendall Jackson Winery and the Charles Schulz Air Musem close to 101.

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

YOSEMITE,, :thumbs: YOSEMITE, :thumbs: ,YOSEMITE, :thumbs: ,If you have three days to spend i say go for it. It is long drive but you won't be disappointed when you get there.. Trust me! :yes:

Edited by Dean Cain

Great place...

I am sure you will enjoy the view .... those Guys walking funny and holding hands.... :devil::whistle:

Joking aside...have a nice trip

In Castro District? These guys also hang out in Guerneville by the Russian River. :lol:

Hokey Smoke!

Rocky: "Baby, are they still mad at us on VJ?"

Bullwinkle: "No, they are just confused."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.