phopho06

what to do when i get to USA?

73 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Get your SSN before you get married. They will give a SSN to a Fiance but will not give to you once married until you adjust your status. It will have a stamp on it that it is not valid for employment but at least you can file tax returns and get bank account established. My wife was denied her SSN after we got married because they said her K1 status was no longer valid.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody telling her negatives, all gave her a good wish...negative is only you, in your mind. :bonk:

The posts below have negative undertones in it:

She seems more excited to get her SNN than seeing her husband to be. :unsure:

Worried” would have been the more appropriate word to use. I am sure that like the OP, when we all decided to move to the US, we all were worried about the next steps to be taken, especially the SSN since we've heard a lot of horror stories about it.

x x x I wish you're inlove with him, I hope he is inlove with you too. :whistle:

We don’t know the couple and I don’t understand why you’d say that you “wish that they are in love with each other” as if they are in some kind of questionable relationship.

To the OP, please come back to your thread. You can request a moderator to make some of the posts invisible if you find them offensive.

They love to pick on the original poster. They feel good when the OP is pissed off. Sucker!

:thumbs:

Edited by Pinay Wife

Filed: Other Timeline
Nobody telling her negatives, all gave her a good wish...negative is only you, in your mind. :bonk:

The posts below have negative undertones in it:

She seems more excited to get her SNN than seeing her husband to be. :unsure:

Worried” would have been the more appropriate word to use. I am sure that like the OP, when we all decided to move to the US, we all were worried about the next steps to be taken, especially the SSN since we've heard a lot of horror stories about it.

x x x I wish you're inlove with him, I hope he is inlove with you too. :whistle:

We don’t know the couple and I don’t understand why you’d say that you “wish that they are in love with each other” as if they are in some kind of questionable relationship.

To the OP, please come back to your thread. You can request a moderator to make some of the posts invisible if you find them offensive.

You are reading TOO MUCH MY POSTS. YOU SEEM LOOKING MEMBERS TO HAVE FIGHT HERE. sorry I can't give you that. I'm into peaceful :innocent:

Edited by lotus101

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

------------------------------------------

National Domestic Violence Hotline

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

You are reading TOO MUCH MY POSTS. YOU SEEM LOOKING MEMBERS TO HAVE FIGHT HERE. sorry I can't give you that. I'm into peaceful :innocent:

Don't flatter yourself too much. I read everybody's posts.

Geeezzz... you did not get it....let me clear it for you.

"you are reading too much" I mean you did not get it and you OVER ANALIZE MY POST INTO THE WRONG WAY. :whistle:

"True Love is never associated with violence,deception,abuse ( emotional,physical or verbal) constant sacrifice for the good of only one person,jealousy,fear or mistrust"

Help is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Hotline advocates are available for victims and anyone calling on their behalf to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, information and referrals to agencies in all 50 states, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Assistance is available in English and Spanish with access to more than 170 languages through interpreter services. If you or someone you know is frightened about something in your relationship, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233) or TTY 1-800-787-3224.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

They love to pick on the original poster. They feel good when the OP is pissed off. Sucker!

At least there are more posters who have good values than the negative ones.

:star::star::star:

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

mossycouple wrote:

mossycouple wrote:

didn't name names but you "come out of your closet", thanks for doing that and I am not going to argue with narrow-minded people here. Have a good day everyone!

..And this is your example of good values you have calling PEOPLE (PLURAL) "narrow minded " because their opinions are differ from yours. :bonk::rofl:

Edited by lotus101

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Can't we all just get along?

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Geeezzz... you did not get it....let me clear it for you.

"you are reading too much" I mean you did not get it and you OVER ANALIZE MY POST INTO THE WRONG WAY. :whistle:

You should have said "you are reading too much INTO my posts" para nagkaintindihan tayo, but either way, I am not the only one who "over-analyzed and read your post the wrong way."

Tutal you are trying to clear things up for me, paki-clear na rin why you said "she seems more excited to get her SNN than seeing her husband to be" and why you said “I wish you're inlove with him, I hope he is inlove with you too” as if doubting their relationship. Yan yung mga posts mo na nakaka-offend (in my opinion). Hindi ako nakikipag-away ha? I'm just being objective. I just need to be clarified so I know where you're coming from. If you are going to reply, please try not to respond in a "palaban" way. Try to be objective. Again, hindi ako nakikipag-away.

Pwede rin mag-respond in Tagalog so I don't read it the wrong way again ;)

Can't we all just get along?

Sometimes newbies need to be spanked before they behave themselves. Just another VJ rite of passage :lol:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
mossycouple wrote:

mossycouple wrote:

didn't name names but you "come out of your closet", thanks for doing that and I am not going to argue with narrow-minded people here. Have a good day everyone!

..And this is your example of good values you have calling PEOPLE (PLURAL) "narrow minded " because their opinions are differ from yours. :bonk::rofl:

:dead::devil::wow: I can't say anything more but to zip my mouth for those people who don't understand what i' trying to say. I don't want an argument either, all i am asking is for us to be helpful to those members who are asking question in a mild way and not being too critical with them. Well if you are happy to bash people here LOTUS101 I can't do anything about it. If you read what you wrote here and try to realize every word your saying you are not helpful at all. Be professional that's all!!!

MY TIMELINE

K-1 Journey

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Singapore

05/21/07 : I-129F Sent

02/24/08 : INTERVIEW

12/12/07 : MEDICAL

01/09/08 : VISA IN HAND

03/06/08 : Arrive in the US, POE - DETROIT

AOS

03/28/08 : Mailed AOS Packet

04/12/08 : Receive NOA's AP, EAD

05/02/08 : BIOMETRICS

06/11/08 : EAD CARD IN THE MAIL!!!

07/02/08 : GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

07/07/08 : GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL & WORKING

03/27/09 : Driver's License issued

Removing Condition

04/03/10 : mailed to Vermont

04/08/10 : NOA1 & 1 yr extension

05/20/10 : Biometrics Appt.

11/19/10 : Interview/Approval

ang mga puso natin people. :star:

ROC mailed to USCIS -- June 10, 2011

ROC approved -- November 1, 2011

finally free of USCIS paperwork!

japan, japan! sagot sa kahirapan!

smswp8wx7d.png

@ Lotus: hindi lng naman si PW ang nakakapansin w/ your negative remarks... the way you said it, as if you're implying something and perhaps baiting na rin so somebody will react to it.

pls try to be sensitive enough when posting in the thread.

salamat

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

@ Lotus: hindi lng naman si PW ang nakakapansin w/ your negative remarks... the way you said it, as if you're implying something and perhaps baiting na rin so somebody will react to it.

salamat

i still can't get it.but where's the negative remarks lotus made in d first place?i kept reading this thread and i didnt find any negative from lotus until the other lady started sayin negative againts lotus.from my own point of view and i dnt even know anyone here personally,i havent seen any negative remarks from lotus.and she's right,the only negative comes from the other lady who started saying negative remarks againts lotus.and i hope we should be neutral here and dont lean on our friends' side even we know they're the one who made out of line.and also try to refrain other's grammars...yuck.that's so embarrassing when our own sentence composition is not good either.let's stay neutral everybody and as ive said before..let's not our make our minds go yonder.di na natin need pa i interpret sinasabi ng iba kasi it might not be how they want it conveyed.let's not use our position also ...for example being a mod...to take sides.its your job to moderate.sorry but its the way i see things here.let's stay neutral bec we are not better than anyone here.pareparehas lang tau.di porket nakatungtongna sa america eh akala mo sinu na mg correct ng english ng iba.pango pa rin ilong natin,,,kayumanggi pa rin balat

salamat

i still can't get it.but where's the negative remarks lotus made in d first place?i kept reading this thread and i didnt find any negative from lotus until the other lady started sayin negative againts lotus.from my own point of view and i dnt even know anyone here personally,i havent seen any negative remarks from lotus.and she's right,the only negative comes from the other lady who started saying negative remarks againts lotus.and i hope we should be neutral here and dont lean on our friends' side even we know they're the one who made out of line.and also try to refrain other's grammars...yuck.that's so embarrassing when our own sentence composition is not good either.let's stay neutral everybody and as ive said before..let's not our make our minds go yonder.di na natin need pa i interpret sinasabi ng iba kasi it might not be how they want it conveyed.let's not use our position also ...for example being a mod...to take sides.its your job to moderate.sorry but its the way i see things here.let's stay neutral bec we are not better than anyone here.pareparehas lang tau.di porket nakatungtongna sa america eh akala mo sinu na mg correct ng english ng iba.pango pa rin ilong natin,,,kayumanggi pa rin balat

Ok. If you believe I’m siding here and that I’m taking advantage as a “mod”? By all means you can report me also to the other mods here on VJ and perhaps I can be reprimanded by “taking side”… and yes I am taking side. I’m taking side to the OP because what I felt reading Lotus’s post is that she’s somehow implying something that if you’re smart enough, you can definitely read its double meaning. And of course perhaps I’m only imagining things, but since hindi lang ako ang naka puna, then perhaps a lot of us are imaging something that isn’t there…

Lotus said , I wish you're inlove with him, I hope he is inlove with you too. :whistle:

Isn’t that something to ponder why she said such statement? With matching a “whistle” icon??? do you know what it means in a positive content? enlighten us.

It’s not easy being a mod, at hindi kami binabayaran dito at hindi ko rin inabuso ang pagiging mod ko. To be honest madami akong pinalalamlapas so pinoy forum kasi nakaintindi ako sa kultura ng mga pinoy at medyo ganyan tayo kung mag biro, pero hindi sa lahat ng panahon. I even removed some of the posting sa thread ko mismo kahit na nakakatawa pero medyo nakakainsulto din so tinatanggal ko to think friend ko yung nag susulat , kung may mali man ako (of course hindi ako perpekto magkakamali talaga ako), report it to Capt Ewok or to krikit or to kathryn41. they're senior mods here.

Salamat.

Citizenship N-400

4/15/2010- sent my N-400 via fedex overnight

4/16/2010- signed and delivered

4/29/2010- check cleared

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.