bobb

Suggestions for Taxi Kazansky Rail to DME please

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

In late August Luba and I will need to travel from Kazansky Rail station to DME on a Sunday morning. We will have 5 or 6 suitcases (3 BIG). Luba suggested to me we should arrange ahead of time for a taxi. She thinks it will not be as easy to grab one that day easily because we will have so much luggage. Has anyone else been in a similar situation and could provide some contact number, or suggestions.

Thanks

Timeline:

17 Nov 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

03 Apr 2009 - NOA2 approval (email)

09 Apr 2009 - NVC received

13 Apr 2009 - Sent to Embassy

23 Jun 2009 - Interview date USEM - Posted USEM website 30 Apr 2009

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
In late August Luba and I will need to travel from Kazansky Rail station to DME on a Sunday morning. We will have 5 or 6 suitcases (3 BIG). Luba suggested to me we should arrange ahead of time for a taxi. She thinks it will not be as easy to grab one that day easily because we will have so much luggage. Has anyone else been in a similar situation and could provide some contact number, or suggestions.

Thanks

I aways use http://www.go-to.ru/en

Most of their dispatchers and drivers speak excellent English and they are always very dependable, reliable, and professional. You might find a cheaper price elsewhere, but when it comes to things like airport/railway tranfers I'm willing to pay a little more for the peace of mind that comes from quality service.

Once on their site, click on the "Prices for Services" then "Rental Car with Driver" and then either the "Economy class" or "Business class"

If I remember correctly it's about a 2 hour ride between Kazansky and DME --- the economy class was about $50, the business class about $90

If you feel you might need something bigger because of the amount of luggage, they also have minivans, etc and will work with you to meet your needs.

You can take the train from Paveletskaya station to DME. If you lugged all your bags from Kazansky vokzal to the Metro, in theory, you could make it all the way to DME for less than $50.

Or, you could just contact Russian Girl Friday and she'll have a shuttle waiting for you. = www.russiangirlfriday.com

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
You can take the train from Paveletskaya station to DME. If you lugged all your bags from Kazansky vokzal to the Metro, in theory, you could make it all the way to DME for less than $50.

Or, you could just contact Russian Girl Friday and she'll have a shuttle waiting for you. = www.russiangirlfriday.com

Bob, I haven't abandoned your request. I spoke with Alla yesterday. The train would not be a good idea because of the number of bags you have. And that train does not run at night.

If you hail a taxi, you'll pay the American fare. If Luba hailed the taxi and you hid, she might get the normal price. Alla thought about $75 would be a good price. She was going to get the phone number of the 'government taxi" and call them and do an inquiry. I'll ask her if she had time to do that today. We have a long Skype session planned for Sunday so by then I'll get the info for you.

You also do not want to be sitting around the train station at night; too many low-lifes at that time. You might get into a car and be taken into the forest and we would never hear from you!!!

Not to worry, during the day everything is OK.

Phil

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

Be a strong couple, grab your baggage together and walk down to the Komsomolskaya metro station. Get off at Domodedovskaja and the get on the local shuttle to DME. Total cost under $10. Total time about 1.5 hours. Experience Russian public transportation with multiple heavy bags, priceless.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...osmetro2008.png

Timeline
You also do not want to be sitting around the train station at night; too many low-lifes at that time. You might get into a car and be taken into the forest and we would never hear from you!!!

Not to worry, during the day everything is OK.

Phil

When I said Sunday morning I was referring to 10:00am. Thanks Phil, I'll wait for your suggestions also after you talk with Alla.

This forum is the best. Great responses for me to check out. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to visit other areas if your fiance(e) is from the FSU.

I must say though I just don't see us using the metro - although it is very attractive. For me, $50 or even a little more is more convenient. I just don't see us dong the metro with the amount of luggage we will have. In January we only had 3 bags (1 big) and it was a big pain. Of course, we were let out by our taxi when the roads became jammed at a metro and had to transfer a couple times, etc. In the future, with less luggage we will use the metro.

I had checked out the go-to.ru site and it seemed like the $50 car was fairly small, but I'll call them. Now that I have MetroPCS cell service with unlimited Int'l calling for $5/month extra it's easy to call anywhere.

Timeline:

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Be a strong couple, grab your baggage together and walk down to the Komsomolskaya metro station. Get off at Domodedovskaja and the get on the local shuttle to DME. Total cost under $10. Total time about 1.5 hours. Experience Russian public transportation with multiple heavy bags, priceless.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...osmetro2008.png

I remember when we were planning our departure from Moscow, at long last, after receiving the visas. Natasha wanted to take the Metro, and it was the idea of this very experience that caused me to veto the idea, and pay for the taxi!

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks

Getting a taxi will not be an issue, even with all your bags. It's just a matter of how much you want to pay.

We came home with six or seven bags, 3 large ones, last year and there were plenty of mini vans willing and able to take our money. Check out Russian Girl Friday. I have her booked to take Irina from Kazansky in Aug on her way home. Transport to SVO via a room for the night for less than $150.

За Жезни С Смехом

I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was.

This is why my wife came here sans mua!

She brought three HUGE bags, and what was so important inside? Shoes, books, shampoo and cosmetics. There's no freaking way I would've lugged that ####### anywhere. "We will be make present for girls here right now and will be buy for you new once we in America, blat."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

"American price"? Just stand your ground and you'll get a fair price. They'll try to get you to go up, but just make it clear that NO, you will not pay twice the going rate.

With five or six bags you'll probably need two taxis.

Первый блин комом.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

I went with go-to.ru

Business class taxi - Mercedes. The website shows $89USD (an estimate). Actual cost is 2400.00 rubles, plus the 3% most credit card companies tack on for foreign transactions. With the credit card fee, which will show up later, it cost me just under $82.

For me it is worth not having to hassle with anything after we leave the train. Maybe, just maybe, I might have found something for $10 or $20 less after departing the train. I prefer having it taken care of now...and it also pleases Luba I have arranged for it ahead of time.

With the luggage we will have, taking the metro was just not an option this trip. In the future - Yes.

A side note. I had Luba buy my plane ticket from DME to Izhevsk on Izhevia Air. The ticket will be at one of three counters at DME where I will pick it up on August 14th. No need to have it sent to me by mail. Give them a six digit code and show them my passport and I will have my ticket.

Edited by bobb

Timeline:

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
This is why my wife came here sans mua!

She brought three HUGE bags, and what was so important inside? Shoes, books, shampoo and cosmetics. There's no freaking way I would've lugged that ####### anywhere. "We will be make present for girls here right now and will be buy for you new once we in America, blat."

Agree with slim ... what is the point of paying so much money (excess baggage in airplanes, taxis, etc.) and going through so much hassle to bring countless bags, with things she may never even look at again?

My fiancee is bringing only one medium-size bag ... anything else she needs, will be purchased here. She's starting a new life, so it will be time to renew everything that is not a precious heirloom.

And if you really have to bring a lot of stuff from another country for any reason, it is better to hire a cargo forwarding company and they will take care of it door-to-door. I am planning to do so with valuable, big, and heavy stuff I left in another country.

Timeline
Agree with slim ... what is the point of paying so much money (excess baggage in airplanes, taxis, etc.) and going through so much hassle to bring countless bags, with things she may never even look at again?

My fiancee is bringing only one medium-size bag ... anything else she needs, will be purchased here. She's starting a new life, so it will be time to renew everything that is not a precious heirloom.

And if you really have to bring a lot of stuff from another country for any reason, it is better to hire a cargo forwarding company and they will take care of it door-to-door. I am planning to do so with valuable, big, and heavy stuff I left in another country.

Maybe so for younger women. My fiancee is 58 years old. She has some nice clothes she will be bringing. She also has other items that are very important to her she wishes to bring. Their is no cost for baggage, on international flights, if you stay within size and weight limits, and number of checked bags. The size and weight limits are also greater than for domestic flights. So, it costs me a few dollars more for a bigger taxi to DME. That is the only additional cost, which is negligible in the whole scheme of things. At the moment it is still very expensive to send big and heavy items from Russia to the U.S., from what I have read elsewhere.

Timeline:

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

Timeline

Maybe so for younger women. My fiancee is 58 years old. She has some nice clothes she will be bringing. She also has other items that are very important to her she wishes to bring. Their is no cost for baggage, on international flights, if you stay within size and weight limits, and number of checked bags. The size and weight limits are also greater than for domestic flights. So, it costs me a few dollars more for a bigger taxi to DME. That is the only additional cost, which is negligible in the whole scheme of things. At the moment it is still very expensive to send big and heavy items from Russia to the U.S., from what I have read elsewhere.

Which airline will you be using? Just sent my stepdaughter back to Russia yesterday. She had two bags weighing 34 and 37 lbs. and we had to pay $50 for the second bag. Really glad she didn't need a third bag, but they did let her slide through with 3 carry on pieces (purse, laptop, and a full bag of gifts including a second laptop).

For a lot of the international flights now the no cost limit is one bag of no more than 50 lbs.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Timeline
Which airline will you be using? Just sent my stepdaughter back to Russia yesterday. She had two bags weighing 34 and 37 lbs. and we had to pay $50 for the second bag. Really glad she didn't need a third bag, but they did let her slide through with 3 carry on pieces (purse, laptop, and a full bag of gifts including a second laptop).

For a lot of the international flights now the no cost limit is one bag of no more than 50 lbs.

American Airlines: Click here!

Two checked bags no charge up to 50 lbs. each. Total dimensions limit per bag = 62 in.

One carry-on up to 40lbs. Total dimensions limit = 45 in. A laptop and a carry-on would be no charge.

Timeline:

19 Nov 2008 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.