Paul

Documents for interview...

10 posts in this topic

Any advice would be welcome on whether I should stick strictly to the list or if there is any advantage in taking anything not requested for the N-659 interview.

Edited by Paul

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife plans to bring her birth certificate (along with mine) just to be safe, even though it is not listed on the checklist.

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Any advice would be welcome on whether I should stick strictly to the list or if there is any advantage in taking anything not requested for the N-659 interview.

You can carry additional documents but make sure you have whatever is listed!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I was asked for some bona fide documents for 2006, I guess that falls under the "proof of marital union point on the checklist

but I was't much prepared for that much detail

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would bring anything at all that helps your case. They did not ask me for anything, but i offered up stuff like my 2008 taxes and asked if she needed updated info, she said no. however it could have gone the otherway

Mailed N-400 March 6th via priority certified mail and Rec'd 9th (confirmation by USPS)

NOA rec'd: 3/19/2009 (date 3/16/2009, priority 3/9/2009)

Biometrics rec'd 3/26/2009, appt 4/9/2009

IL: 5/22/09

ID: 07/06/2009

Oath: 07/16/2009

SSN updated: 7/16/2009 (not received yet)

Passport rec'd: 8/15/2009(nat. certif not rec'd yet)

I was asked for some bona fide documents for 2006, I guess that falls under the "proof of marital union point on the checklist

but I was't much prepared for that much detail

What sort of things did they ask for? That's the only thing on the list I'm not too sure about.

...and if I've read the requirements correctly, I'm not even supposed to bring my own birth certificate? Is that right?

i fas as i know or according to my search bring the DS-230 part II and all the original document with the invelope sealed its from NVC..

YOU SHOULD GO TO CONSULATE AT YOUR APPOINTMENT TIME AND STAND IN THE LINE TO SHOW THE APPOINMENT LETTER,

FIRST YOU ARE CALLED BY AN LOCAL OFFICER WHO CHECKS FOR ALL THE DOCUMENTS, HE/SHE MAY ALSO ASK SOME QUESTION RELATED TO YOUR APPLICATION,HE/SHE MAY ASK QUESTION LIKE NAME OF YOUR SPOUSE,SCHOOL/WORK HISTORY IN USA,DATE OF MARRIAGE ECT, THEN YOU ARE ASKED TO THE IMMIGRATION VISA APPLICATION FEE AND THEN WAIT, THEN AN AMERICAN OFFECER WOULD INTERVIEW YOU, HE/SHE WOULD CANCEL YOU "H1 WITHOUT PREJUDICE" ASK YOU TO TAKE THE OATH ABOT THE ISSUANCE FEE, THEN AGAIN YOU ARE ASKED TO COLLECT YOU PACKET CONTAINING ALL THE DOCUMENTS YOU GAVE THEM AND YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA ON TOP OF THAT, SOMETIMES YOU MAY BE ASKED TO THEM TO DO IT ON THE SAME DAY..

HONGKONG PHILIPPINES PASSPORT

oct 28 2008--MARRIED

dec 28 2008 -- send the i-130 to uscis

feb 3-2009-- approaved

feb - 2009 -- bill generated

feb- 2009 --choice of address

mar 18 2009 --IV Fee Payment Receipt Details online in process for visa payment

mar - 2009-- recieved ds-230

april 1 2009 -- missing documents i-864 (something skip) sent back by then..

May - 2009 ---sent ds-230/NBI/marriages contract/birthcert/photo( original copy)

june 24 2009 --sent to nvc payment statement..

june 26 2009-- resent the reciept of IV fee.nvc missing..

july 1 2009----recieved INSTRUCTION PACKET AGENT..

july 27-2009 NVC completed.

july 31-2009 medical

sept 4 2009 INTERVIEW

sept 4 2009 passed the interview but my visa pending its bcoz i do need to send CENOMAR ( certificate of no marriages) NSO should be send direct to us consulate in hongkong then my visa will send to me once they receive my CENOMAR... wait for another month again :(

sept 17,09 NSO already send the CENOMAR to hongkong consulate.

sept 30,09 HongKong us consulate received my CENOMAR

oct 7.09 visa in hand :)

nov 23,09 Port of entry

dec 15.09 letter from uscis (WELCOME NOTICE)

January 15 2010 expected to receive the original green card..

as1cF3P0g410000Nzc3ODZ8Mzc4amx8Zmx5IHRvIHVzYQ.gif

YMALIA

2_415330520l.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline
i fas as i know or according to my search bring the DS-230 part II and all the original document with the invelope sealed its from NVC..

YOU SHOULD GO TO CONSULATE AT YOUR APPOINTMENT TIME AND STAND IN THE LINE TO SHOW THE APPOINMENT LETTER,

FIRST YOU ARE CALLED BY AN LOCAL OFFICER WHO CHECKS FOR ALL THE DOCUMENTS, HE/SHE MAY ALSO ASK SOME QUESTION RELATED TO YOUR APPLICATION,HE/SHE MAY ASK QUESTION LIKE NAME OF YOUR SPOUSE,SCHOOL/WORK HISTORY IN USA,DATE OF MARRIAGE ECT, THEN YOU ARE ASKED TO THE IMMIGRATION VISA APPLICATION FEE AND THEN WAIT, THEN AN AMERICAN OFFECER WOULD INTERVIEW YOU, HE/SHE WOULD CANCEL YOU "H1 WITHOUT PREJUDICE" ASK YOU TO TAKE THE OATH ABOT THE ISSUANCE FEE, THEN AGAIN YOU ARE ASKED TO COLLECT YOU PACKET CONTAINING ALL THE DOCUMENTS YOU GAVE THEM AND YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA ON TOP OF THAT, SOMETIMES YOU MAY BE ASKED TO THEM TO DO IT ON THE SAME DAY..

THe OP's question was in reference to the Citizenship interview, not a visa interview.

08/28/2004 Engaged

09/22/2004 I-129F submitted

10/01/2004 I-129F Approved

12/15/2004 K1 Issued

12/30/2004 Arrival in US

02/19/2005 Married

01/30/2006 Conditional Green Card Approved

01/15/2008 Conditions Removed and 10 Year Card Issued

03/28/2009 N-400 mailed to Lockbox

07/17/2009 Interview Denver USCIS office RECOMMENDED FOR APPROVAL

08/28/2009 Naturalization Ceremony - US District Court - Denver, Colorado[/b][/u]

09/04/2009 Applied for passport

09/22/2009 Passport approved and mailed

09/24/2009 Passport received

08/26/2009 Naturalization Certificate and Name Change Petition arrive back from State Department

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Paul,

Personally, I would play the "better safe than sorry" approach for the interview.

-Bring all the documents that they recommend, as listed on the interview letter

-Bring any additional documents that you may have which will help support your case

Worse case scenario, they ask for documents that you don't have that day and then they have to re-do the interview..which is not a good thing..You never know what they would ask for!

Best case scenario, they ask for documents, and you have them all ready. Or if they don't ask, at least you can say that you have them with you....:)

Lol..reminds me of when I went for my AOS interview years ago. I had bought with me 2-3 bags of additional evidence, which included 6 years worth of photos, e-mail, letters, cards, phone bills, etc. that we had to prove our relationship....

And all they wanted mainly wanted to see were our recent wedding photos, even though I offered to show everything else..

Oh well at least I can say that I was approved! No regrets about bringing the extra evidence at all!

Will do the same next time too, in terms of bringing in extra evidence, when I go for my citizenship interview.

Lol...heck, I'll even bring the new baby too! Stinky diapers and all....rofl.... :rofl:

Again, "better safe than sorry", right?

Hope this helps. Good luck on your interview and the rest of your immigration journey too!

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.