Kenza

HELP!!!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I sent the original Moroccan police certificate to NVC and they sent an RFE on it...so I sent it again and now they are saying it's not the right one. The Moroccan police certificates don't say "Casier de Judiciare" on it and NVC says they need the Moroccan police certificate that says "Casier de Judiciare" on it!!!!! AHHHH I'm going crazy!!!! What do I do?

Met: 2004-07-18

Islamic marriage: 2006-07-31

Marriage : 2008-12-27

Entry San Fran 2009-09-27

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

Received welcome letter 2009-10-10

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Driver's License 2009-10-26

HUBBY FOUND A JOB!!! after about 4 months of being here :)

Timeline

Can I call NVC and see if we can bring the Casier de judicaire to the interview? Because I noticed some people got approved with the request that they bring some doc. to the interview??? :cry::crying:

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Timeline

I'm really starting to freak out :( My husband's residence card for France expires in early october and the only way he can renew it is if he has a job and his job is demanding an answer to the contract they proposed to him by middle-end of august.

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

I sent the original Moroccan police certificate to NVC and they sent an RFE on it...so I sent it again and now they are saying it's not the right one. The Moroccan police certificates don't say "Casier de Judiciare" on it and NVC says they need the Moroccan police certificate that says "Casier de Judiciare" on it!!!!! AHHHH I'm going crazy!!!! What do I do?

Kenza, have you contacted the Moroccan Police to see if it is done with that title of: Casier de Judiciare? Or have you called NVC and spoken to them to explain the situation? This is crazy, you give them what they want, but it not good enough, titles, titles, titles, drives you crazy.

Call the NVC and speak to them, maybe it will help. I wish I had better advice for you Hon.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

R U saying that for him to remain in France he needs to be employed?

Is the reason he is waiting to give his job an answer because he was planning to come to US IF the visa is approved?

I am not sure what to say about the police certificate.

Timeline
R U saying that for him to remain in France he needs to be employed?

Is the reason he is waiting to give his job an answer because he was planning to come to US IF the visa is approved?

I am not sure what to say about the police certificate.

yes :(

I just called NVC again and asked the general "what is the status of my case" and she said they received the doc. last week and you have to allow 2-4 weeks to review it. SHe also said they won't accept the case until they have the police certificate. So should I go ahead and try to obtain a police certificate that has "casier de judiciare" on it or just wait and see what happens?

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Timeline

Worse comes to worse...can my husband have his case transfered to the Moroccan embassy?

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

This happened to us as well during the NVC process for my husband's CR1, it caused a 30 day delay in our process. We were missing 1 of 2 required police certificates.

The consulate needs 2 certificates, 1 comes from the local police department in Morocco (this is a criminal background check "locally"), and the other comes from Rabat (this is a criminal background check for all of Morocco, and Europe). You will not be able to wait until the interview to bring this document, for CR1/IR1 applications, the NVC actually schedules the interview date, not the consulate.

If the NVC sent an RFE for a missing police certificate, then you will need to get that and send it to the NVC...they will not schedule an appointment until all the paperwork required is in order. I made a copy of everything I sent in to the NVC, so I will look at our papers when I go home and get the exact names of both certificates and post them for you, but I am almost 100% sure that the certificate from Rabat is the "casier de judiciare."

(F)~kiyah~(F)

~ Returns & Refusals...What They Don't Tell You ~

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

~ Faith, Patience, Perseverance ~

Timeline

Duh! I just now saw that your hubby is going through France, not Morocco...sorry about that :(

So, I am not sure if my advice applies to this consulate, or if the NVC schedules appointments for the consulate in France as they do for Morocco.

Anyway, there are 2 forms of police certificates generally required by the United States for beneficiaries immigrating from Morocco...I still think that the "casier de judiciare" comes from Rabat and this may be what they are asking for in regards to your case. I will still look at our papers when I get home and get the names of both police certificates, maybe it will help...insh'Allah. I definitely would not wait to see what happens.

As for the transferring to another consular post such as Morocco, I would rethink this as the consulate in Casa is notoriously tough on beneficiaries, and it could delay your process by enough time to not really be worth it. Would be good to get advice from anyone of Moroccan origin who may have gone through the consulate in France for sure.

(F)~kiyah~(F)

DISCLAIMER: I am not an attorney, all information provided is from years of research and personal experiences of those affected by returned visa petitions/applications. If this is happening to you, my personal advice is to research the facts, hire a good immigration lawyer who can demonstrate they specialize in returned/denied visa petitions and applications.

Worse comes to worse...can my husband have his case transfered to the Moroccan embassy?

Yes you can, you can contact the embassy in Morocco and ask this to be done, or notify embassy in France to transfer it.

I already looked into this, IF hubby has to go to Algeria, his card expires Nov. 6th. Im so afraid we wont make our deadline.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Kenza,

It sounds like you really need to start working on getting that cert from Rabat as Kiya said.

Good Luck hun.

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline

Ok, here is the information I have from the National Visa Center. This information was sent to me along with the RFE...we were missing the same document as you, the "Extrait du Casier Judiciaire." There are 2 police certificates required by the United States for any Moroccan citizen immigrating to the US as defined by the United States Department of State/National Visa Center, this applies to all immigrant visa applications:

1. Fiche Anthropometrique: This police certificate can be obtained by resident citizens of Morocco upon presentation of the new format National Identification Card (Carte Nationale), a stamped self addressed envelope, and a fee to the Service de l'Anthropometrie of the Central Police Station of the place of residence. [For schedule of fees, applicants should contact the Moroccan consular office nearest their place of residence.] Non-resident Moroccan citizens may request a Fiche Anthropometrique by writing directly to the Direction General de la Surete Nationale, Fichier Central de L'Anthropometrie, Rabat. The number and date of issue of the new format Carte Nationale must be included in the request. The fiche Anthropometrique is delivered only to bearers of the new format Carte Nationale.

2. Extrait du Casier Judiciaire - This police certificate can be obtained from the Tribunal de Premiere Instance of the place of birth by foreigners born in Morocco. Applicants must present some form of official document such as birth certificate, carte d'immatriculation, or a passport at the time of application. Foreigners not born in Morocco must make an application to the Casier Judiciaire Central, Ministere de la Justice, Rabat. Requests by mail must be accompanied by an authenticated identity paper bearing pertinent identity information, a photograph of the applicant and a self-addressed envelope.
So...I was half correct. If your husband was born in Morocco then he would need to go to the city of his birth to obtain the "Extrait du Casier Judiciaire." If your husband is not currently in Morocco, he is able to request the document from Rabat by mail but must meet the requirements: "Requests by mail must be accompanied by an authenticated identity paper bearing pertinent identity information, a photograph of the applicant and a self-addressed envelope." I would definitely contact them even if it is by phone to find out if there is a fee...honestly, it is Morocco and I would not be shocked if he had to pay for this especially if he needs it quickly. It may be worth i if he is not present currently in Morocco, for someone in his family to obtain this for him...again all of the requirements listed above would have to be met, meaning they would need to have all of the required paperwork with them.

Insh'Allah you can get what you need with no hassle, and in a reasonable amount of time...it may take some grease money but it would be worth it. I hope this information helps.

(F)~kiyah~(F)

Timeline

Jazakalakhair Kiyah! BIZU BIZU!!!! Alhamdoliallah inshallah his parents are visiting us on wednesday for a week and his father is trying to get it for us to bring with him. I know 2 days might not seem like enough time but inshallah and ahamdolillah he knows lots of people lol. I will update when info comes...thanks my MENA sister's again!

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Timeline

Im sooooooooooooo confused, i cant log into nvc anymore!!!! is that a good or bad thing...well i know its a good thing, but the police certificate...wth i dont understand nvc

Hubby is HOME!!!!

Received SSN 2009-10-06

GREEN CARD!!! 2009-10-13

Timeline

Afwan sister! Insh'Allah your Father-in-law can obtain what is necessary quckly...even better if he has friends in high places if you know what I mean :thumbs:

Have you tried calling the NVC at (603) 334-0700 ? I'm not sure if it will help, but it is worth a try. I attempted to find a toll free number but I don't see one anywhere I have access to.

(F)~kiyah~(F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.