Karri

AOS Filers - July 2009

1,030 posts in this topic

hi guys..

we passed the interview.. :dance::dance:

we arrived there 20mins early..plenty people were there..so we waited for 20 mins..our CO was an old guy..then b4 sitting down we did the oath thingy..

Q's

--was my name,date of birth (based on my I-485)i forgot the last 4 digits of my SSN(nervous) :bonk:

--most of the questions were for my hubby..where did we meet,our address,why it took him 7 months b4 filing my AOS..

--then he asked for supporting evidences..we showed him our phone bills,W-2's,tax return(recent yr where my name was there)our rebate from IRS(frm the house)joint accounts..etc

--then he took my I-94-i knew we passed the interview cuz he took it so i was smiling..lol..oh we also brought all our pictures frm the wedding up to now but he didnt asked for it,,we were offering him to just take a look at our pictures but he says all the evidences was good so no need to see the pictures..i think he was too lazy to ask more questions and to ask for evideces as well,so its pretty good for us.. :D he didnt even ask for my BC and some documents for our joint sponsor..

then he gave me a letter stating that we passed and need to wait for the GC in the mail for couple of weeks..we signed on 1 paper and were DONE..

Thank you guys for all the help..now i jst need to wait for my GC and bye bye to USCIS for a year & 8 mos.i think..

GOODLUCK TO ALL WHOS STILL WAITING FOR THERE GCs,INTERVIEW OR WHATEVER IT MAY BE..BE POSITVE.. :D

wow UMA!!see??you waited so long sa biometrics letter mo,then now, you got your approval!!congrats!!!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
hi guys..

we passed the interview.. :dance::dance:

we arrived there 20mins early..plenty people were there..so we waited for 20 mins..our CO was an old guy..then b4 sitting down we did the oath thingy..

Q's

--was my name,date of birth (based on my I-485)i forgot the last 4 digits of my SSN(nervous) :bonk:

--most of the questions were for my hubby..where did we meet,our address,why it took him 7 months b4 filing my AOS..

--then he asked for supporting evidences..we showed him our phone bills,W-2's,tax return(recent yr where my name was there)our rebate from IRS(frm the house)joint accounts..etc

--then he took my I-94-i knew we passed the interview cuz he took it so i was smiling..lol..oh we also brought all our pictures frm the wedding up to now but he didnt asked for it,,we were offering him to just take a look at our pictures but he says all the evidences was good so no need to see the pictures..i think he was too lazy to ask more questions and to ask for evideces as well,so its pretty good for us.. :D he didnt even ask for my BC and some documents for our joint sponsor..

then he gave me a letter stating that we passed and need to wait for the GC in the mail for couple of weeks..we signed on 1 paper and were DONE..

Thank you guys for all the help..now i jst need to wait for my GC and bye bye to USCIS for a year & 8 mos.i think..

GOODLUCK TO ALL WHOS STILL WAITING FOR THERE GCs,INTERVIEW OR WHATEVER IT MAY BE..BE POSITVE.. :D

wow UMA!!see??you waited so long sa biometrics letter mo,then now, you got your approval!!congrats!!!

thanks sis..i know yah..i've waited so long for the bio notice but now it' worth the wait..my AOS is goin pretty fast..and i thank God for that..USCIS pay me for waiting so long.. :D

anyway how are you sis..?wats up..?u have a job now..?

----------- after 9 long years of our relationship, now the time has come for us to be one -----------

AOS/EAD

07-10-2009-- mailed AOS/EAD package to Chicago Lockbox

07-12-2009-- AOS/EAD package arrived at Chicago Lockbox

07-15-2009-- NOAs for AOS/EAD- DATED

07-18-2009-- NOAs hardcopy RECEIVED

08-14-2009-- Called USCIS (regarding bio apt)35 days

08-25-2009-- Biometric Notice- DATED

08-28-2009-- Biometric Notice hard copy RECEIVED---FINALLY..thank GOD..(7 weeks)

08-31-2009-- I-765 (EAD)- TOUCHED

09-15-2009-- Biometric Appointment--DONE

09-15-2009-- I-485 (AOS)- TOUCHED

09-16-2009-- I-485 (AOS)- TOUCHED

09-23-2009-- EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

09-28-2009-- another email EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

09-28-2009-- Interview Letter- RECEIVED

09-30-2009-- Approval Notice Sent for EAD

10-01-2009-- EAD card- RECEIVED__yipee..thank GOD..

10-27-2009-- INTERVIEW DATE- 10:30 AM

10-27-2009-- interview--PASSED..THANK GOD

10-27-2009-- GC--CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

11-04-2009-- Welcome Notice Received

11-06-2009-- GREEN CARD IN HAND..THANK YOU LORD..

ROC

08-03-11-- mailed ROC package to California Service Center

08-05-11-- NOA receipt date

08-11-11-- NOA received

09-12-11-- Biometrics Appointment- DONE

02-10-12-- RFE received

03-19-12-- mailed RFE response

04-02-12-- text & email GREEN CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED

04-08-12-- 10YRS GREEN CARD ON HAND!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

WOW... congrats Uma i am very very happy for u...your green card is card production order right away after the interview i hope i can be same as yours as we both are the rest of the july fillers who waited so long with the bio and now god pays for the long waiting we have...will uma i have 8 more days to go for my interview...hope god will hears my prayers...

K1 -visa:Timeline

6/26/08:resent the 1-129f package to VSC

8/21/08:received NOA1 in the mail,yeyeyeh i was relief after the long period of waiting

1/28/09:NOA2 received ...in 161 days from NOA1

2/10/09:received appointment letter from USEM

3/11 - 12 : MEDICAL -- passed

3/30/09: INTERVIEW -- APPROVED

4/02/09:VISA deliver at home at 2:45 pm

5/28/09:SSN arrived after less than 1 week from filling.

6/01/09:Wedding day.[/color]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

AOS :Journey

07/08/09:sent the 1-485 forms for adjustment of status package to chicago (USPS)..Day 1

07/10/09:arrived USCIS,chicago...(when i checked the USPS post office)...Day 3

07/12/09:check cashed...Day 5

07/15/09:noa1 date for (AOS,AED,AP)i thanks god for everything...(date arrived,07/20/09)...Day 10

08/12/09:calling USCIS to check the bio apt...Day 35

08/25/09:bio notice date issued...Day 48

08/29/09:bio notice received.(thank u so much mama mary...)...Day 52

09/04/09:AP arrived in the mail (date issued 08/27/09)

09/09/09:biometrics done...

09/17/09:EAD = card arrived today...so happy...

10/03/09:interview notice received

11/05/09:AOS -- interview approved (thank u mama mary)...

11/16/09: GREEN CARD arrived today...

.........o0o...............

Timeline
WOW... congrats Uma i am very very happy for u...your green card is card production order right away after the interview i hope i can be same as yours as we both are the rest of the july fillers who waited so long with the bio and now god pays for the long waiting we have...will uma i have 8 more days to go for my interview...hope god will hears my prayers...

thanks ate..we both experienced the loooong wait..our patience gone to the point that we almost lost our hope..but God gave us more strength..that in all sufferings at sadness in the end theres still hapiness.. :)

i know you'll be fine on the day of ur interview ate..God Bless You..

----------- after 9 long years of our relationship, now the time has come for us to be one -----------

AOS/EAD

08-28-2009-- Biometric Notice hard copy RECEIVED---FINALLY..thank GOD..(7 weeks)

ROC

08-11-11-- NOA received

02-10-12-- RFE received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey guys..

an update from us - we're approved!

It was a long day, the interview was scheduled at 2 pm in Garden City, NY. We arrived at 1 pm and had to wait until 3 pm to be called. There were just sooo many couples. Some officers calling people were so nice and smiling right away, some were not showing any emotions at all. We were called by a woman who at first didn't look nice but once we were in her room, she was smiling and joking. She wanted to swear us in and told us to remain standing, and my husband didn't understand what to do at first - he went back to the door. She laughed and said - don't go, it's not over yet:))

Then she asked for our ID's, I-94, marriage certificate. Asked if my husband had a driver's license, and was surprised that he didn't have one. Then she asked how we got to the Immigration Office, he explained all our route with the buses, trains etc. She said that the taxi drivers were awful over there, and we made a good deal payin $27 compared with the minimum $100 the taxi would have cost us.

Then she asked me about my visa, where I studied, what degree I obtained and what I studied. She seemed satisfied with the answers.

Then she asked my husband about our relations, how we met each other. He started to tell her our story, and I couldn't stop smiling - he was sooo cute then:)

Then she asked for some mutual documents, we had only joint bank account, our names on the T-mobile bill, and gym membership. She asked if we were actually going there, and once again laughed, because my husband isn't actually going now because of the back injury, she said that men always find excuses.

Also she wanted to see some pictures, seemed to like them, we showed her pictures of our honeymoon in Florida, and she started to talk about Florida. She took one picture to keep on file.

Then asked me all the questions about weapons, prostitution etc.

Then asked if I want to have my passport stamped - of course I did!

The interview lasted 20 minutes, and during it I had really good feeling - she is a very good person and made us feel very comfortable.

So, although my case status online hasn't yet changed, I got a stamp in my passport and in about 2 weeks they said I'll receive the card.

Special for lostfairyuk - Garden City is a very good place, though it's crowded but according to what I know from other people and what I saw today - they are likely to tell you if you're approved right away, and today we saw all people getting their passports stamped. Don't worry, I'm sure your interview will be a breeze. WIll keep my fingers crossed for you on Monday :)

Thank you guys for your support, it really means a lot to me!!! (L)(L)(L)

:dance::dance: Congratulations

12/30/05 - married

7/14/06 - sent I-130

7/18/06 - notice of arrival I-130

8/03/09 - received approval I-130

7/28/09 - sent AOS package

7/29/09 - arrived Chicago lockbox

8/05/09 - touched

8/07/09 - received notice of arrival I-485

8/07/09 - received Biometrics appoitment notice for 9/2/09

8/22/09 - did walk-in biometrics (in/out within 30 minutes)

8/25/09 - touched

10/23/09 - received interview appoitment letter for 11/24/09

11/24/09 - Interview - approved received I-551 stamp

11/25/09 - received email from USCIS - card production ordered

11/28/09 - received welcome letter from USCIS (by mail)

11/30/09 - received email from USCIS - card production ordered

12/02/09 - received email from USCIS - I-1485 approval noticed mailed out

12/03/09 - touched

12/05/09 - received 10 year green card in the mail, Thank you Jesus

**Warning! This is a ranting post!!**

I see August filers that were sent to CSC getting approvals. What about us July people??!! Our folders must have been giving to the slow people to process. I thought those touches we received a few weeks back would lead to good news soon. I guess not.

:crying:

Filed: Timeline
**Warning! This is a ranting post!!**

I see August filers that were sent to CSC getting approvals. What about us July people??!! Our folders must have been giving to the slow people to process. I thought those touches we received a few weeks back would lead to good news soon. I guess not.

:crying:

Could be worse .. some june filers are still waiting .. i only got mine approved on wednesday and i filed in june .. hang in there

lostfairyuk[/b] - Garden City is a very good place, though it's crowded but according to what I know from other people and what I saw today - they are likely to tell you if you're approved right away, and today we saw all people getting their passports stamped. Don't worry, I'm sure your interview will be a breeze. WIll keep my fingers crossed for you on Monday :)

Thank you so much! Congratulations too!

I'll let you know how it goes. I've been so busy with work this week, I haven't had a chance to sit down and get all the documents together yet... must get prepared this weekend.

AOS/EAD/AP

07/21/09 - Mailed Packet via Fedex

07/23/09 - Arrived at Chicago Office

07/27/09 - Checks Cashed

07/31/09 - NOAs Arrive for AP, AOS & EAD

07/31/09 - Cases Added online

08/04/09 - Biometrics Letter Arrived

08/05/09 - Biometrics Completed

08/05/09 - I130, I485, I765, I131 Touched

08/28/09 - (Original Biometrics Appointment)

09/03/09 - EAD 'Card production ordered' and AP 'Approval notice sent' email from CRIS

09/08/09 - AP arrived in mail

09/09/09 - 2nd EAD 'Card production ordered' email from CRIS

09/12/09 - EAD 'Approval notice sent' email from CRIS

09/14/09 - EAD arrived in mail

10/5/09 - 'Request for initial Interview' Letter Received

11/02/09 - Interview - GREENCARD APPROVED Stamp in Passport! (Total time 3 months 1 week)

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just got an email and we are approved :) .... Just in time too, we are going overseas in a week, now I need to make an infopass and get the stamp in the passport. Wow, I was so worried we might get an rfe for the medical, I didn't give the medical form, just the vac paper from the embassy. Good luck to everyone else that is waiting.

Congrats!!!

Hey guys..

It was a long day, the interview was scheduled at 2 pm in Garden City, NY. We arrived at 1 pm and had to wait until 3 pm to be called. There were just sooo many couples. Some officers calling people were so nice and smiling right away, some were not showing any emotions at all. We were called by a woman who at first didn't look nice but once we were in her room, she was smiling and joking. She wanted to swear us in and told us to remain standing, and my husband didn't understand what to do at first - he went back to the door. She laughed and said - don't go, it's not over yet:))

Then she asked for our ID's, I-94, marriage certificate. Asked if my husband had a driver's license, and was surprised that he didn't have one. Then she asked how we got to the Immigration Office, he explained all our route with the buses, trains etc. She said that the taxi drivers were awful over there, and we made a good deal payin $27 compared with the minimum $100 the taxi would have cost us.

Then she asked me about my visa, where I studied, what degree I obtained and what I studied. She seemed satisfied with the answers.

Then she asked my husband about our relations, how we met each other. He started to tell her our story, and I couldn't stop smiling - he was sooo cute then:)

Then she asked for some mutual documents, we had only joint bank account, our names on the T-mobile bill, and gym membership. She asked if we were actually going there, and once again laughed, because my husband isn't actually going now because of the back injury, she said that men always find excuses.

Also she wanted to see some pictures, seemed to like them, we showed her pictures of our honeymoon in Florida, and she started to talk about Florida. She took one picture to keep on file.

The interview lasted 20 minutes, and during it I had really good feeling - she is a very good person and made us feel very comfortable.

So, although my case status online hasn't yet changed, I got a stamp in my passport and in about 2 weeks they said I'll receive the card.

Special for lostfairyuk - Garden City is a very good place, though it's crowded but according to what I know from other people and what I saw today - they are likely to tell you if you're approved right away, and today we saw all people getting their passports stamped. Don't worry, I'm sure your interview will be a breeze. WIll keep my fingers crossed for you on Monday :)

Congrats to you as well!!!!

I really hope more July (and earlier) filers hear something soon! It's such a stressful process!

I hope everyone is doing well otherwise. I've been so busy with work.

Have a great halloween weekend everyone! :devil:

AOS Short Version:

06/26/09 - Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox!

07/07/09 - NOA's Arrive for AP, AOS & EAD [dated 07/01/09]

07/17/09 - Biometrics Completed [ Completed in 17 Days ]

08/12/09 - EAD APPROVED! Card Ordered! [Approved in 47 Days]

08/20/09 - Interview notice arrived dated 08/18/09 - Sept 24th/09

08/21/09 - Got EAD Card in the mail!! :D

09/24/09 - Interview Date: 9:00am - APPROVED

10/03/09 -Received GC!!!!!

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval : 86 Days

ROC:

04/01/11 - Preparing for ROC currently

06/27/11 - ROC Mailed!

07/02/11 - NOA1 Arrived [dated 06/30/11]

07/13/11 - Biometrics letter arrived [08/01/11]

10/31/11 - Final Approval!

11/04/11 - Received new card today.

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval: 125 Days

Next Step will be citizenship in June 2012!

Timeline
Hey guys..

CONGRATS.. :dance:

im so happy for you..

AOS/EAD

ROC

08-11-11-- NOA received

02-10-12-- RFE received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you everyone :thumbs:

My card production was ordered today :dance:

I wish to the rest of July filers who are still waiting a little patience and hope that very soon you'll be approved! Have a good weekend everyone :star:

Nice!!! :thumbs::thumbs:

12/30/05 - married

7/14/06 - sent I-130

7/18/06 - notice of arrival I-130

8/03/09 - received approval I-130

7/28/09 - sent AOS package

7/29/09 - arrived Chicago lockbox

8/05/09 - touched

8/07/09 - received notice of arrival I-485

8/07/09 - received Biometrics appoitment notice for 9/2/09

8/22/09 - did walk-in biometrics (in/out within 30 minutes)

8/25/09 - touched

10/23/09 - received interview appoitment letter for 11/24/09

11/24/09 - Interview - approved received I-551 stamp

11/25/09 - received email from USCIS - card production ordered

11/28/09 - received welcome letter from USCIS (by mail)

11/30/09 - received email from USCIS - card production ordered

12/02/09 - received email from USCIS - I-1485 approval noticed mailed out

12/03/09 - touched

12/05/09 - received 10 year green card in the mail, Thank you Jesus

Hi guys!

Garden City Interview report - APPROVED! I have a stamp in my passport with dry seal on top, and am waiting on the actual Greencard!

We drove to the place (thank you GPS) and were there early at 8 ish. We waited for about 30 mins downstairs after checking in. Then we were called and had to sit upstairs for about an hour. There were lots of families, and couples, and just a lot of action, but there were also a lot of people conducting the interviews.

We were finally called by a lady who at first seemed quite strict, but when we got to her office she was very friendly.

Swore us in. Asked how we met, and we told her. Asked us how long we had know each other before marrying. Checked out my visa and asked me what I did.

Asked for photos, and joint bank statements etc. I had made a book of photos on shutterfly (had a free one from an offer). She said she didnt want to rip the book, but needed a photo for the file. Then she went through the file and realized I had submitted a lot already. No bank statements, but we did have the conED bill in both our names. She saw I also had a lot of copies and multiple copies of things and she gave them back. Apparently the instructions on the website are not actually correct and you don't need all the various copies I took! DH told her I was very detailed orientated.

Told us our application could be rejected if we lied in this bit. Then went through the list of arrests, spying, racial attacks etc. I had a previous arrest / dismissal, so gave her the court disposition, and she went off to get it signed by her supervisor.

She was really friendly and talked alot about her own stuff, her sons etc. It was pretty early on in the process when I realised we were approved, bc I could see she had already stamped the paperwork with an Approval Stamp. I eased up a bit then. I really had no idea what it was gonna be like, if they were going to try and trick us into admitting we were not together, or you know, try to catch us out about stupid little things like what did you give him for christmas in '06? What side of the bed did you sleep in when you were in key west on holiday??? etc but no, it was more like she was just getting a feel from us. We've been together for 3.5 years so the photo book showed the physical changes we had been through - hair cuts and colors for me, weight for him (LOL) but yea I think that helped.

She told us to apply for permanent card at a certain point, and then told us I could apply for naturalization after 3 years if I wanted. She then went into an explanation about dual citizenship, which was really helpful (her sons were adopted from Brazil). It was really helpful bc she had obviously gone through it herself. She said it wasn't an issue and the US wouldnt make you give up your passport, but you have to make the U|S your priority in an extreme situation (eg war etc). She then said she was stamping my PP bc the cards were produced in Texas and would take a while to come through in the mail. Said it was gonna get a seal and handed back to us downstairs.

Anway, it was fine! Bit of an anticlimax to be honest, like OMG I am approved and have a stamp - wait WHAT?!, but its over for now! and in only 3 months! We enjoyed the rest of the monday which we then started to refer to as Secret Sunday because he took the day off work.

Thanks everyone for your help, and feel free to ask me any questions!

xo

AOS/EAD/AP

07/21/09 - Mailed Packet via Fedex

07/23/09 - Arrived at Chicago Office

07/27/09 - Checks Cashed

07/31/09 - NOAs Arrive for AP, AOS & EAD

07/31/09 - Cases Added online

08/04/09 - Biometrics Letter Arrived

08/05/09 - Biometrics Completed

08/05/09 - I130, I485, I765, I131 Touched

08/28/09 - (Original Biometrics Appointment)

09/03/09 - EAD 'Card production ordered' and AP 'Approval notice sent' email from CRIS

09/08/09 - AP arrived in mail

09/09/09 - 2nd EAD 'Card production ordered' email from CRIS

09/12/09 - EAD 'Approval notice sent' email from CRIS

09/14/09 - EAD arrived in mail

10/5/09 - 'Request for initial Interview' Letter Received

11/02/09 - Interview - GREENCARD APPROVED Stamp in Passport! (Total time 3 months 1 week)

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.