Karri

AOS Filers - July 2009

1,030 posts in this topic

Hi to all...just an update...Ive got a letter from CRIS today that my I-485 already sent but it returned as undeliverable....We are in japan right now for PCSing(we love it here in japan).before we left we called USCIS about our situation and they said they are going to hold on to my I-485 till we settled in in japan and call them for our new address so that they can send my I-485..but we r surprise that we got a letter from them that they sent it and returned to them as undeliverable... :blink: going to call them again later to give them our new address...just hope we dnt get a problem about this matter...

btw,congratz to all who already have their EAD and to those who pass their interview(":have a nice day to all..

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi to all...just an update...Ive got a letter from CRIS today that my I-485 already sent but it returned as undeliverable....We are in japan right now for PCSing(we love it here in japan).before we left we called USCIS about our situation and they said they are going to hold on to my I-485 till we settled in in japan and call them for our new address so that they can send my I-485..but we r surprise that we got a letter from them that they sent it and returned to them as undeliverable... :blink: going to call them again later to give them our new address...just hope we dnt get a problem about this matter...

btw,congratz to all who already have their EAD and to those who pass their interview(":have a nice day to all..

Hope you get it sorted out!

Ugh. I'm so worried about all my evidence!! I don't think I have enough stuff :unsure:

AOS Short Version:

06/26/09 - Mailed package to Chicago Lockbox!

07/07/09 - NOA's Arrive for AP, AOS & EAD [dated 07/01/09]

07/17/09 - Biometrics Completed [ Completed in 17 Days ]

08/12/09 - EAD APPROVED! Card Ordered! [Approved in 47 Days]

08/20/09 - Interview notice arrived dated 08/18/09 - Sept 24th/09

08/21/09 - Got EAD Card in the mail!! :D

09/24/09 - Interview Date: 9:00am - APPROVED

10/03/09 -Received GC!!!!!

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval : 86 Days

ROC:

04/01/11 - Preparing for ROC currently

06/27/11 - ROC Mailed!

07/02/11 - NOA1 Arrived [dated 06/30/11]

07/13/11 - Biometrics letter arrived [08/01/11]

10/31/11 - Final Approval!

11/04/11 - Received new card today.

Total Days from NOA1 to Approval: 125 Days

Next Step will be citizenship in June 2012!

HEY STARBURST, BEST OF LUCK TOMORROW!!! YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING, BELIEVE ME!!!

Hi guys,

I just got back from the interview. It was a breeze :thumbs: except for the waiting time in the hall which was killing me.

Our appointment was for 8am at the Dallas office in Irving, TX. I was so happy that we got an early appointment, because I thought we won't be waiting too long. Well...not exactly...we arrived there at 7:30 and waited almost 2 hours before we were called. It was so annoying :wacko: .. We were not nervous at all. Our documents were perfectly organized, I've made an alphabetical index so that I can easily find everything. We had originals and copies of everything we've submitted as well as additional proves ( pictures, greeting cards, plane tickets, joint accounts, insurances under both names and so on....). We were both wearing business attire, most of the other applicants were wearing casual clothes, which was strange :wacko: .

When our buzzer went off (2 hours later :wacko: ) we were met by our interviewer, middle aged latino lady. I smiled and greeted her, she greeted, but didn't smile back :unsure: . She walked to her cubicle and we set down. She first sworn us in and asked us why we were there :rofl: ...well after the whole wait in the hall I wasn't sure anymore what was it all about, but my husband answered this question. Then she started enumerating all the documents she wanted to see ( state IDs, passports, naturalization certificate for him, BC for both of us, I94 for me, both SSC, marriage certificate, photos). I had 3 photo-books, 1 from the wedding and two others, I also had additional pictures ( about 30) in case she needed to keep some for our file. She started with the pictures and she was smiling the whole time. She was so impressed with the photo-books that she gave me a piece of paper and made me write down the website where she can order one of those :yes: . The picture related chit-chat lasted for about 5 minutes, maybe even more. She took 3 pictures for our file. She then verified all the originals that I gave her with the copies we originally send in back in June. After that she asked my husband about my full name and date of birth, she then asked me about his full name and our home address. NO OTHER QUESTIONS were asked!!!:yes: There was no "How you met?", "Who proposed?", "Did you meet his/her family members?"...nothing :huh: . And all that given that we had very small wedding ( 4 guests), I haven't changed my name, I have adjusted my status and other indications for more complicated interview...but it was a breeze.

At the end she said that we are approved and it will take 5 to 8 weeks, and she gave me back one of my APs because I said that we are planning to travel in 2-3 weeks. I told her that I am looking for a job, and she was like :bonk: " well, are you going to travel, or are you looking for job", and I said "Both" ( maaan, I am finally free to do everything I want, well I didn't said that :lol: ). Then it was my husband's turn to do as I instructed him and ask if they were stamping passports :rofl: ...she was overwhelmed with us :help: , but she said that we can go on the first floor and ask. So we did so and after a short wait, and another short interview with one guy, he stamped my passport. Now I have all my documents in hand- EAD, AP and the GC stamped in my passport :rofl: I am fully equipped :yes: I don't have to wait for the actual GC.

There is no update on USCIS website, it still says Initial review, but I don't care anymore. My stamp is good for 6 months. So people DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK!!!

I can't wait to drop school tomorrow :bonk:

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

Got married 06/13

06/24 package sent ( I130, I485, AP, EAD ) - delivered on 06/26

07/02 checks cashed

NOAs 07/01- received 07/06

Biometrics letter-dated 07/07, received 07/10

07/14 Touch on I130, I131, I765

Biometrics appointment 08/01

08/03 Touch on I765 & I485

08/13 EAD & AP approved

8/14 AP touched

8/17 Received Interview Appointment letter

8/21EAD & AP in the mail

9/22 Interview APPROVED!!!

9/24 Card production ordered e-mail

10/03 GC received !!!

Timeline
HEY STARBURST, BEST OF LUCK TOMORROW!!! YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING, BELIEVE ME!!!

Hi guys,

I just got back from the interview. It was a breeze :thumbs: except for the waiting time in the hall which was killing me.

Our appointment was for 8am at the Dallas office in Irving, TX. I was so happy that we got an early appointment, because I thought we won't be waiting too long. Well...not exactly...we arrived there at 7:30 and waited almost 2 hours before we were called. It was so annoying :wacko: .. We were not nervous at all. Our documents were perfectly organized, I've made an alphabetical index so that I can easily find everything. We had originals and copies of everything we've submitted as well as additional proves ( pictures, greeting cards, plane tickets, joint accounts, insurances under both names and so on....). We were both wearing business attire, most of the other applicants were wearing casual clothes, which was strange :wacko: .

When our buzzer went off (2 hours later :wacko: ) we were met by our interviewer, middle aged latino lady. I smiled and greeted her, she greeted, but didn't smile back :unsure: . She walked to her cubicle and we set down. She first sworn us in and asked us why we were there :rofl: ...well after the whole wait in the hall I wasn't sure anymore what was it all about, but my husband answered this question. Then she started enumerating all the documents she wanted to see ( state IDs, passports, naturalization certificate for him, BC for both of us, I94 for me, both SSC, marriage certificate, photos). I had 3 photo-books, 1 from the wedding and two others, I also had additional pictures ( about 30) in case she needed to keep some for our file. She started with the pictures and she was smiling the whole time. She was so impressed with the photo-books that she gave me a piece of paper and made me write down the website where she can order one of those :yes: . The picture related chit-chat lasted for about 5 minutes, maybe even more. She took 3 pictures for our file. She then verified all the originals that I gave her with the copies we originally send in back in June. After that she asked my husband about my full name and date of birth, she then asked me about his full name and our home address. NO OTHER QUESTIONS were asked!!!:yes: There was no "How you met?", "Who proposed?", "Did you meet his/her family members?"...nothing :huh: . And all that given that we had very small wedding ( 4 guests), I haven't changed my name, I have adjusted my status and other indications for more complicated interview...but it was a breeze.

At the end she said that we are approved and it will take 5 to 8 weeks, and she gave me back one of my APs because I said that we are planning to travel in 2-3 weeks. I told her that I am looking for a job, and she was like :bonk: " well, are you going to travel, or are you looking for job", and I said "Both" ( maaan, I am finally free to do everything I want, well I didn't said that :lol: ). Then it was my husband's turn to do as I instructed him and ask if they were stamping passports :rofl: ...she was overwhelmed with us :help: , but she said that we can go on the first floor and ask. So we did so and after a short wait, and another short interview with one guy, he stamped my passport. Now I have all my documents in hand- EAD, AP and the GC stamped in my passport :rofl: I am fully equipped :yes: I don't have to wait for the actual GC.

There is no update on USCIS website, it still says Initial review, but I don't care anymore. My stamp is good for 6 months. So people DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK!!!

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

CONGRATS!!!!!! I am so happy that you were approved!!!!!

I def plan on asking about a stamp!! I'd really like to go back to Toronto for Canadian thanksgiving which is in two weeks!!!!

I'll let you guys know how it goes as soon as I'm home!! It's a good 4 hours away from here so I'm not sure when I'll be back!!!

Congrats again! :)

AOS Short Version:

ROC:

06/27/11 - ROC Mailed!

We talked to them today(USCIS operator)the first operator giving us an attitude (she told us that I have to get back in US to get my I-485 and I was like..., we just got here in japan and my husband is in the military...the first operator told us too that she didnt see in their computer that CRIS sent me an email that saying my I-485 is returned undeliverable..sigggghhhh!

this is the Email that Ive got from CRIS

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice Returned as Undeliverable.

On September 21, 2009, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Check My Case Status and Check Processing Times.

*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

after talking to the 1st operator we tried to call back again and hoping that the 2nd person who is going to answer the phone has no attitude like the 1st one....luckily she dnt have attitude like the 1st one `(she sound really happy)We told her about the 1st operator,,,told and ask her about the Email that I got and she said they have it in their comp and not to worry. after giving our new address she told us that we r ok now and they r going to send my I-485 and wait til 30-45 days cuz its going overseas...what a relief (";

going to check the mail nxt week just hoping that it wont take that long....thank u all for those's who patiently reading my post...lol..have a speedy approval to all and goodluck....

Hope you get it sorted out!

Ugh. I'm so worried about all my evidence!! I don't think I have enough stuff :unsure:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I haven't been here in a while. Been busy with everything. Ok here's an update about my case. Remember i got an RFE from USCIS with forgetting to sign my application form for EAD (I-765) so after I sent it back to them on Sept. 15 they received it and my processing was continued.. (Thank God!) and today I just got an email that my card production is ordered. I am so happy i almost lost my hope because of this. And also, another good thing happened to me. I passed my NCLEX-RN exam last Sept.17 so everything is in good timing i got my nursing license and work permit!!!! YEY!!! so any news with the green card for people who we're transferred in CA? I can't pull up all the threads coz it's a lot since i last log in.

Edited by mikeandjoana

Mike_Jo-185.jpg032_32.jpgedit-3.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

03/05/2010 ----- Greencard arrived in mail

03/15/2010 ----- Got a job as an RN! finally.:)

REMINDER: November 22, 2011 (Removing Conditons)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I'm confused. First my hubby got 2 emails saying his EAD card production was ordered (one last week and one today). Now today he got one saying that it was approved. Which comes first? I thought the approval comes first then the card production? :wacko:

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm confused. First my hubby got 2 emails saying his EAD card production was ordered (one last week and one today). Now today he got one saying that it was approved. Which comes first? I thought the approval comes first then the card production? :wacko:

Yeah, who knows. At least it has been approved and ordered! LOL

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

That happened to me too! I had card ordered emails on the 11th and 18th, then yesterday I finally got the one that says its been mailed. Who knows why it took so long!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

So there's a separate one to say when it's been mailed? I've just never seen anyone mention an "approved" one. It was just wierd cause in the new USCIS system, with the "circles", we actually went BACK a step from Card production to post-decision. Wierd.

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Timeline
So there's a separate one to say when it's been mailed? I've just never seen anyone mention an "approved" one. It was just wierd cause in the new USCIS system, with the "circles", we actually went BACK a step from Card production to post-decision. Wierd.

I never got an approved email, but I honestly wouldn't worry. It happens a lot :)

AOS Short Version:

ROC:

06/27/11 - ROC Mailed!

Hi guys,

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

So, he told me 5 to 8 business days, she told ya 5 to 8 weeks ?????? :blink: Because on Sept 21st, evening of the interview, my case online was updated with "card production ordered" :wacko: Can it be that huge of a difference from one state to the other ?????

US Citizen since 08/11/2015.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

My interview today:

Showed up at 10:30 for my 10:59 appointment and didn't get in until around 11:45am. The interview lasted about 15 minutes altogether, and they asked us ZERO questions trying to see if we knew personal details. She ust went over our paperwork and photos, etc. Wanted to see originals of passports, birth cert, my old visas (she wanted to see them all way back til 2000, but i only had my most recent, but she let it slide, so note to others, bring every scrap of immigration related stuff since the dawn of man), and she asked me to reverify I wasnt a terrorist, etc.

One bad thing is that I have an AOS filed via employment, and they have to get that from wherever it is filed before they can approve this AOS, and she said it could take months.... so hopefully that was an exageration....

All in all, very easy. She said she cant see any reason she won't approve it once she goes over everything and gets my other AOS.

-Jason

04/25/09 Married

... procrastinated and wife and I updating her last name and bank account, etc to her new last name

07/20/09 - I485/I130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

07/21/09 - I485/I130 received

07/24/09 - Checks cashed

07/26/09 - I485/I130 receipt notice received

07/28/09 - I485/I130 visible online

07/29/09 - I130 touched

07/30/09 - I485 touched

08/20/09 - Interview Letter sent to me

08/24/09 - Called USCIS about not receiving biometrics appointment and got an enquiry number

08/24/09 - Received Interview Letter

08/28/09 - Biometrics Appointment Sent

09/05/09 - Biometrics Appointment Received for 9/25/09

09/19/09 - Biometrics Done

09/21/09 - I485 touched online

09/23/09 - Interview

Timeline
My interview today:

Showed up at 10:30 for my 10:59 appointment and didn't get in until around 11:45am. The interview lasted about 15 minutes altogether, and they asked us ZERO questions trying to see if we knew personal details. She ust went over our paperwork and photos, etc. Wanted to see originals of passports, birth cert, my old visas (she wanted to see them all way back til 2000, but i only had my most recent, but she let it slide, so note to others, bring every scrap of immigration related stuff since the dawn of man), and she asked me to reverify I wasnt a terrorist, etc.

One bad thing is that I have an AOS filed via employment, and they have to get that from wherever it is filed before they can approve this AOS, and she said it could take months.... so hopefully that was an exageration....

All in all, very easy. She said she cant see any reason she won't approve it once she goes over everything and gets my other AOS.

-Jason

Sounds like it went well!!! Congrats!!!! I hope they get your other paperwork quickly!!!!

I'm leaving in about 30mins for our hotel to stay the night. Still super nervous for tomorrow

I'll let you guys know how it goes!

:star:

AOS Short Version:

ROC:

06/27/11 - ROC Mailed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.