13 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Moldova
Timeline

Hey, guys!

My friend said that he will be our joint sponsor. He has about 6 w-2's for 2008 and missing 2. He has Turbotax Online account that has all the info about his filings. Can we just use those records instead of the missing w-2's? He made around 21k for 08, has a major w2 for 18k, and missing 2 w2's for around 1.5k.Has a 1040 that shows how much he made and filed for.

Thank you!

Hey, guys!

My friend said that he will be our joint sponsor. He has about 6 w-2's for 2008 and missing 2. He has Turbotax Online account that has all the info about his filings. Can we just use those records instead of the missing w-2's? He made around 21k for 08, has a major w2 for 18k, and missing 2 w2's for around 1.5k.Has a 1040 that shows how much he made and filed for.

Thank you!

Without the W-2's - you will get an RFE.

Best thing to do is call the IRS and have them fax over your tax transcripts. It's free, fast, and it includes everything you need to satisfy the 864.

no need for missing w-2's if you go that route.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Timeline

But he already has the tax return for that year? Besides, I don't know anyone with a fax number...

p.s. in turbotax itself, it has the info about all the w2's he used to fill it out with the employer id, wages, etc.

Edited by Mimino

Filed: Timeline
Hey, guys!

Thank you!

we filed our tax online, so we only printed a copy and attached a copy of my hubby's W-2. So far we didn't have a problem. But I agree on the above post to call IRS and request for a transcripts :thumbs:

Edited by sojen

But he already has the tax return for that year? Besides, I don't know anyone with a fax number...

p.s. in turbotax itself, it has the info about all the w2's he used to fill it out with the employer id, wages, etc.

They can snail mail them to you also. Takes 10 days or so.

Without the W-2's - your 1040's are not sufficient.

You need both, as per the instructions.

W-2's are normally given to you by your employer, not turbo tax, unless I am missing something, I don't think turbo tax w-2's will be sufficient.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

You can't use the TurboTax 'information' instead of the missing W-2's. You can use (as suggested) IRS transcripts. They do not have to be faxed to you - they can/will mail them. :thumbs:

Timeline

"You can't use the TurboTax 'information' instead of the missing W-2's. You can use (as suggested) IRS transcripts. They do not have to be faxed to you - they can/will mail them"

i don't have time to wait for them to mail it. on their web site it says it might take up to 2 weeks, and i am not down with that. i don't see why they wouldn't accept his already accepted return with two missing w2's that would be substituted by the info that was used to fill out that return?

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline
"You can't use the TurboTax 'information' instead of the missing W-2's. You can use (as suggested) IRS transcripts. They do not have to be faxed to you - they can/will mail them"

i don't have time to wait for them to mail it. on their web site it says it might take up to 2 weeks, and i am not down with that. i don't see why they wouldn't accept his already accepted return with two missing w2's that would be substituted by the info that was used to fill out that return?

Because in TurboTax you may enter any numbers you wish and print them out to your own satisfaction... Why don't you accept what multiple people here are telling you: 1040 WITH W-2s or tax trascripts from INS. Period.

If you make the call at a kinko's - you can use their fax machine.

IRS doesn't care, as long as you are standing by it.

Timeline

Because in TurboTax you may enter any numbers you wish and print them out to your own satisfaction... Why don't you accept what multiple people here are telling you: 1040 WITH W-2s or tax trascripts from INS. Period.

Have these multiple people try it? The only thing I am objecting to, is waiting for irs to send the info out. We can order them now, sending out the i-864 in the mean time. If they do issue another rfe, then we will be able to send out a transcript, no problem.

That's the form i was talking about in turbotax:

post-69212-1246562066_thumb.jpg

post-69212-1246562070_thumb.jpg

Timeline
Because in TurboTax you may enter any numbers you wish and print them out to your own satisfaction...

That's what we did for my wife's 1040, printed out from there and had no problems ;) if you really want to forge something, do you think a piece of paper is that invincible?

Edited by Mimino

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Have these multiple people try it? The only thing I am objecting to, is waiting for irs to send the info out. We can order them now, sending out the i-864 in the mean time. If they do issue another rfe, then we will be able to send out a transcript, no problem.

One more time, if you wish you can plug in $50,000,000 there and print it out. Does not prove anything if you don't have W2s as a supporting evidence.

Timeline

One more time, if you wish you can plug in $50,000,000 there and print it out. Does not prove anything if you don't have W2s as a supporting evidence.

the same would go for your 1040 that you got from there as well, i assume? and no, you can't plug anything into it in adobe.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.