Theglassguy

My lawyer could he be wrong??

9 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

He got his figures from the U.S Citizenship Immigration services. You click on processing time and it tells you that they are working on case's from nov, 25 2008 and that he counts 6 months out and that gives us our time line.

Hope I explained this right. I file my paper work on March the 30.So if I go by what other poeple have told me, we should be getting close to getting the first part done.

But I know some people take a lote longer.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline
He got his figures from the U.S Citizenship Immigration services. You click on processing time and it tells you that they are working on case's from nov, 25 2008 and that he counts 6 months out and that gives us our time line.

Hope I explained this right. I file my paper work on March the 30.So if I go by what other poeple have told me, we should be getting close to getting the first part done.

depends on if vsc works off the backlog. but you see a lot of people from vsc have waited 6 or more months for approval. he is probably right

The processing times/dates USCIS posts on their site indicate the 'oldest' cases/petitions they are working on - a point not clearly explained. They (the times/dates) do not reflect the most-recent cases/petitions currently being adjudicated.

If you look at the Immigrations Timelines link on VJ you'll see a good representation of timelines (as well as your own profile/timeline). :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Lawyers are often wrong.

He is using the USCIS timelines which are worthless, they list the oldest case in the system. Unless your case becomes the NEW oldest case, it will be shorter. Be happy you are using the Kiev consulate. Their time to interview once the petition is approved is lightning fast! Get you interview documents done NOW because once Kiev has your case (usually about three weeks after NOA2) you can get an appointment in as little as FOUR days! DO NOT wait for packet 3 to be sent from Kiev. Ukrainian mail is so unreliable it is possible your fiancee will never get them. Download the forms and instructions from the consulate website and get them ready.

Good luck

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Actually, when I looked at VJ averages from NOA1 to receive date, it was 8 months.

Depends on what this "processing" includes. I believe 8 months is a conservative estimate. Yes, it could be faster, but don't set your heart (or your wedding date) on getting the visa sooner unless it actually happens.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Lawyers are often wrong.

He is using the USCIS timelines which are worthless, they list the oldest case in the system. Unless your case becomes the NEW oldest case, it will be shorter. Be happy you are using the Kiev consulate. Their time to interview once the petition is approved is lightning fast! Get you interview documents done NOW because once Kiev has your case (usually about three weeks after NOA2) you can get an appointment in as little as FOUR days! DO NOT wait for packet 3 to be sent from Kiev. Ukrainian mail is so unreliable it is possible your fiancee will never get them. Download the forms and instructions from the consulate website and get them ready.

Good luck

Thank you so much for your Advice.When My lawyer said this to me I almost got a plane ticket and left to see her right now.I was like Damn i can not wait another 4 or 6 months.

Timeline

Lawyers are often wrong.

Good luck

Thank you so much for your Advice.When My lawyer said this to me I almost got a plane ticket and left to see her right now.I was like Damn i can not wait another 4 or 6 months.

Ours was approved though VSC in 58 days but that was when VSC was the fast center. Then we had to wait more than two months for an interview, so maybe it all washes out. VSC has inexplicably slowed down. Though last week there was a posting here from someone that approved in less than a month through VSC. I am still having palpitations!

Additional visits are recommended if you can, good for the interview.

Gary And Alla

No to mention good for the relationship :thumbs:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

No to mention good for the relationship :thumbs:

Um, yeah...that's what I meant. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.