MoSin

F2A- Interview questions help

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

I filed I-130 for my son back in 2004 and he just recieved the interview letter. I am a greencard holder and I am currently living in Pakistan for past year and a half with permission ( travel document filed I-131). This is my second and the last time that I applied for it. I had to get the permission so I could live with my minor son till he gets the visa to go with me. Now my question is that if they ask him during the interview about my residency, should he tell them the truth that I am living in Pakistan with permission or should he say I live in the US but visit frequently to Pakistan to be with them and currently in Pakistan to take him along to the US??

Thanks in advance

Truth. Always the truth.

They have these things called computers, that can search your history. They know more then you think they do...

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Truth. Always the truth.

They have these things called computers, that can search your history. They know more then you think they do...

Strongly agree with Bobby..DO NOT LIE.....tell them the truth......Leave the rest on God....

About 15 or so years ago my grand ma applied for my uncle, she left usa, came back to pak before his interview .During interview they asked my uncle about her residency ,he lied and hence didnt get the visa .They told him to get a photo of my grandmama next to empire state building holding a certain date new york post newspaper as a proof that she is still in US.This was like 15-18 years ago.Every thing is much more computerized now.So just tell them the truth.

Best of Luck

Mar 4,06 I-130 sent ,rcvd Mar 7,06

Oct 24,08 USC, called to Upgrade

Nov 1,08 Citizenship certificate sent

Jan 3,09 Case upgraded.

Jan 6,09 TOUCHED!!!

Feb 13,09 Approved : )

Feb 20,09 Case # assigned

Mar 2,09 bill paid online,DS-3032 emailed

Mar 4,09 NVC recvd fee

Mar 10,09 AOS sent

Mar 30,09 mailed DS-230

Apr 13,09 CASE COMPLETED(per operators)

Apr 20,09 FINAL REVIEW

Apr 21,09 CASE COMPLETED (per AVR)

Apr 23,09 called:INTERVIEW JUNE 24th

Jun 24,09 AP, 1-3 months

Calling DOS begins,here is what I was told

Jul 7,09 No info @ DOS

Jul 10,09 Case sent to DC-pending

Jul 17,09 Pending

Jul 24,09 Pending,you can call every day for update but the day they call him for passport it means something is up so you get to know it before we do

Jul 31,09 Pending AP

Aug 06,09 Call from USEM requesting to submit passport

Aug 07,09 Every thing looks very good,visa issuance is up to the consulate!!!

Aug 07,09 Passport submitted

Aug 07,09 USEM is requesting applicant's passport :)

Aug 17,09-call 1 Visa issued Aug 3rd,EM recvd passport on 10th but still havent returned it

Aug 17,09-call 2 Case pending some kind of processing (URGHHHHHHHHH NOT AGAIN)

Aug 18,09 call to pick up passport,picked up from AMEX

Sep 26,09 REUNION :)

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

My son had the interview at the US embassy in Islamabad on 7 JUL 2009 and they gave him a "pink slip" and it states "Your case has been temporarily refused for further admin processing. We do not have definite date when the processing will be completed, but minimum time is approx. 6weeks. There is no max time limit. When the case is approved, we will call you to request your passport........"

When my son asked about it after the interview, the counselor mentioned something about the FEE processsing?? I paid the $400 visa processing fee a couple of months ago. Is there anything else I needed to pay? because I haven't recieved any letter or invoice requiring me to pay anything. So I am just waiting for them to contact.

Anyone here knows what exactly is that administrative processing delay? Anyone else experienced the same?

Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

It appears your son as been placed in AP. Try posting in this forum for more advice.

Waivers (I-601 and I-212) and Administrative Processes (221g)

Why is it that the only one who can stop the crying is the one who started it in the first place?

More Complete Story here
My Saga includes 2 step sons
USC Married 4/2007 Colombian on overstay since 2001 of B1/B2 visa
Applied 5/2007 Approved GC in Hand 10/2007
I-751 mailed 6/30/09 aapproved 11/7/09 The BOYS I-751 Mailed 12/29/09 3/23/10 Email approval for 17 CR 3/27/10
4/14/10 Email approval for 13 yr Old CR 4/23/10

Oldest son now 21 I-130 filed by LPR dad ( as per NVC CSPA is applying here )
I-130 approved 2/24
Priority date 12/6/2007
4/6/2010 letter from NVC arrives to son dated 3/4/2010
5/4/10 received AOS and DS3032 via email
9/22/10 Interview BOG Passed
10/3/10 POE JFK all went well
11/11/10 GC Received smile.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.