one...two...tree

Deniers continue to insist there's no consensus on global warming.

88 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

The major emission of exhausts is water vapor, about 90% of your exhaust, water vapor contributes far more to global warming than anything else, but not a very good argument when living on a planet covered 75% with water. ........

Water vapor is a major greenhouse gas.

So why is CO2 focused on? Well, in simple terms it's cyclical. More CO2 in the atmosphere, then the atmosphere warms (CO2 is a greenhouse gas) and a warm atmosphere holds more water vapor (a major greenhouse gas) which in turn retains more heat and more heat means more water vapor content and this charges more warming more warming means more water vapor content and so on and so on....... A double strike. And so it goes round and round.

-Since the only way we can control water vapor levels is by controling atmospheric temp-then CO2 MUST be factored in. Reduce the warming impact of CO2-a colder atmosphere means less water content ( a cold atmosphere is dryer than a warmer one)-therefore less water vapor content-therefore less of a greenhouse effect from water vapor.....Or that's the general idea anyway. :)

Bump.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

The major emission of exhausts is water vapor, about 90% of your exhaust, water vapor contributes far more to global warming than anything else, but not a very good argument when living on a planet covered 75% with water. ........

So why is CO2 focused on? Well, in simple terms it's cyclical. More CO2 in the atmosphere, then the atmosphere warms (CO2 is a greenhouse gas) and a warm atmosphere holds more water vapor (a major greenhouse gas) which in turn retains more heat and more heat means more water vapor content and this charges more warming more warming means more water vapor content and so on and so on....... A double strike. And so it goes round and round.

-Since the only way we can control water vapor levels is by controling atmospheric temp-then CO2 MUST be factored in. Reduce the warming impact of CO2-a colder atmosphere means less water content ( a cold atmosphere is dryer than a warmer one)-therefore less water vapor content-therefore less of a greenhouse effect from water vapor.....Or that's the general idea anyway. :)

Bump.

Don't you have some research to do for the taxpayer? :unsure:

surf-alaska-032808.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Bump.

Wow...another insult.

Timeline

Bump.

surf-alaska-032808.jpg

Second Radioimmuassay this week. Lucky me I gots the private funding. ;)

Those Linco kits sure are expensive.

But the surfing pic... nice. They recently opened up Chicago a couple of the lake beaches to the sport and I am sincerely waiting on some waves cause its flat like a piece of paper.

Bump.

Wow...another insult.

Nah Steve... Mr Bill just needs to ask what I do when I'm not on VJ. :lol:

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Bump.

Well, I don't.

The tax payer is not my employer......However those I know that are employed by the tax payer are becoming increasingly frustrated by the unwillingness of said tax payers to even read-let alone actively consider the data/research they have paid for....would rather dismiss it without futher reading or futher investigation of their own and just snark at those charged with providing answers ( which I happen to believe is done to the best of their ability...all things considered with this politically charged topic) when the answers don't fit with their personal politics or whatever.

Disagreement is fine...snarking is just snarking for the sake of it because you haven't heard what you want to hear.

/jumps off soapbox.

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Sometimes that movie Idiocracy comes to mind but that's another topic.

Comes to mind quite frequently, more truth than comedy. Anyway, all worn out from loading my gas eating motorhome, plan on napping at the first rest stop, have a wonderful Fourth and be thankful for your independence. Ha, don't even try to think of what we are independent of. Not even England, they needed us both for WW I and II, and a bunch of other things.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
This guy is really stating why nothing can be done. If the damage has been done over the past 70 years, then in order to reverse course we would have to return to life 70 years ago, but in fact we would have to be even more conservative since we'd have to spit out those same pollutants with more than double the population. But in reality we'd have to even get cleaner than that because we would have to make up for the fact that China and other developing countries probably weren't doing anything at all back then and now we have to make up for their growth.

:thumbs:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: Netherlands
Timeline
Sometimes that movie Idiocracy comes to mind but that's another topic.

Comes to mind quite frequently, more truth than comedy. Anyway, all worn out from loading my gas eating motorhome, plan on napping at the first rest stop, have a wonderful Fourth and be thankful for your independence. Ha, don't even try to think of what we are independent of. Not even England, they needed us both for WW I and II, and a bunch of other things.

:unsure: Oh man-I disagree somewhat with the bolded-but THAT is a topic on it's own) ;)

Have a wonderful 4th-drive safe! :):thumbs:

Liefde is een bloem zo teer dat hij knakt bij de minste aanraking en zo sterk dat niets zijn groei in de weg staat

event.png

IK HOU VAN JOU, MARK

.png

Take a large, almost round, rotating sphere about 8000 miles in diameter, surround it with a murky, viscous atmosphere of gases mixed with water vapor, tilt its axis so it wobbles back and forth with respect to a source of heat and light, freeze it at both ends and roast it in the middle, cover most of its surface with liquid that constantly feeds vapor into the atmosphere as the sphere tosses billions of gallons up and down to the rhythmic pulling of a captive satellite and the sun. Then try to predict the conditions of that atmosphere over a small area within a 5 mile radius for a period of one to five days in advance!

---

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
Drive safe, drive wisely. We're taking our fuel miser to a horse ranch for a BBQ.

Ha, still waiting for my girls to get ready, all I had to do was to get the motorhome in shape, load my stuff, the food, bedding, grill, tools, just in case, and all the dogs stuff.

I actually searched for a clean pre-emission 1982 model motorhome, yeah, I got the cash, but wanted something that I could both repair and tune up. No catalytic converters required on this thing, emissions is practically null, but could tune it up to get 15 mpg if my wife lets me drive at 55. If I keep up with traffic, around 72 mph, that is cut down to 12 mpg. With these older vehicles, no fooling around with esoteric software or emission requirements, and can be precisely tuned. Has a 454 CID engine with a four barrel carb.

I topped off the tanks yesterday, that gives me a 1,500 mile range, should be long enough to find a gas station that doesn't have ethanol in it. That ####### can really corrode a fuel system. Even my 04 Cavalier shop manual recommends NOT using ethanol due to it's corrosive properties. The ####### a guy has to live with, I pay extra for ethanol free fuel, but get a nice payback in much better fuel economy and less maintenance problems.

In my opinion, time to go back to an external combustion engine, all this stuff is in the books as to how to do it and we could see efficiencies in the above 80% range. And NOx would no longer be a problem, even using high octane fuels.

Why don't we do it? That is a question that I cannot answer, only one voice out of millions.

Going to see two of my grandkids, wish there was more, but both have doctorate degrees and are too busy with work to have anymore to verify the truth in that movie. The idiots are sure having a bunch of kids.

Timeline
Nah Steve... Mr Bill just needs to ask what I do when I'm not on VJ. :lol:

I'll byte. What does a HAL9000 do when it is not on VJ or checking out MILF butt at the gym?

diva-surf.jpg

HAL 9000 is conducting experiments in the lab or checking out Mrs HAL 9000.