baron555

The foods they made you try.....and you liked!

133 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I really miss sala. Russian sala is good but Ukrainian sala is to die for.......

Feb 11, 2005 ZAGS wedding in Moscow

Aug 7,2005 married in the Cathedral in Dmitrov

June 27, 2008 mail I-130

July 11,2008 sent I-129F

Oct 2, 2008 Yuri received packets 3+4 from US Embassy Moscow

Nov 20, 2008 Interview....VISA APPROVED!!!!!!

Dec 10, 2008 Yuri arrived! No problems :)

April 20, 2009 mailed AOS

May 4, 2009 medical exam

May 21, 2009 biometrics done

June 5, 2009 received EAD by mail

Aug 10, 2009 interview-given greencard congradulations letter with stamp

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Cold Borsch was delicious

Blini (chopped liver in fried bread) was freaking amazing

Red Caviar was really, um, salty but I still enjoyed it

I guess that's all the strictly Russian food that I tried that I liked. Lots of other meals were 'generic' with salads, sausage, cheese, salmon, etc.

Finding fresh fish for Katya in Denver will be interesting. Not sure how she'll adjust to that. :P

06/05/08 - First meeting on dating Website

05/04/09 - First Face to Face meeting in Vladivostok

07/06/09 - I-129F delivered to CSC via UPS

07/09/09 - NOA1 Received

07/12/09 - Touched

10/02/09 - NOA2 Notification

10/05/09 - NOA2 Hard Copy

10/15/09 - NVC Receipt

10/26/09 - MOW Receipt

12/07/09 - Interview Successful!!

12/12/09 - Entry to USA

Filed: Timeline

I haven't lived in Denver for about 4 years, but there used to be a few little shops you could buy fresh freshwater fish from, caught locally. Check with a butcher, he'll probably know. (not a supermarket butcher, but a real no-kidding butcher that works in a meat shop.) I remember Costco often had pretty decent frozen fish too, just try to stick with the freshwater varieties.

There's also a Ukrainian store in Arvada. It's a little hole in the wall off Kipling. Easy to miss if you're not looking for it. I'm told the kurd they sell there isn't Russian style, but you can find a "Russian approved" kurd at Whole Foods. I think it's called "Farmer's cheese," has a yellow-brown label on it.

Of course Mox would know all the coolest places. Unfortunately in Grand Rapids we have had to stick with regular stores, the freshest thing in the one specialty shop I found is the month old magazines. I wish there was another but they are tough to find.

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Personal attacks are a violation of TOS and have been removed along with the posts quoting same.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

I really miss sala. Russian sala is good but Ukrainian sala is to die for.......

I eat Ukrainian salo (in Ukraine), but can't say that I enjoy the taste the way my wife does. It does, however, help me to drink stupid amounts of samogon, etc. with her dad and uncle :innocent:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I guess that's all the strictly Russian food that I tried that I liked. Lots of other meals were 'generic' with salads, sausage, cheese, salmon, etc.

I survived the first few days on bootleg frosted flakes and microwave chicken cordon bleu. Come to think of it, that's pretty much what I survive on here too, so "Russian" food is just fine for me.

What was really funny was we went to the Moo-Moo on old Arbat and my wife and her sister had salad, fish, soup, meat, veggies, etc. Their trays were loaded down with all types of stuff. I made it to the checkout with a cutlet and some mashed potatoes. I could care less though because everywhere you go in Russia you can get a beer. And I'm talking a real beer, not no paper cup.

but can't say that I enjoy the taste the way my wife does. It does, however, help me to drink stupid amounts of samogon, etc. with her dad and uncle :innocent:

Everything tastes better with stupid amounts of samogon!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

What was really funny was we went to the Moo-Moo on old Arbat and my wife and her sister had salad, fish, soup, meat, veggies, etc. Their trays were loaded down with all types of stuff. I made it to the checkout with a cutlet and some mashed potatoes. I could care less though because everywhere you go in Russia you can get a beer. And I'm talking a real beer, not no paper cup.

but can't say that I enjoy the taste the way my wife does. It does, however, help me to drink stupid amounts of samogon, etc. with her dad and uncle :innocent:

Everything tastes better with stupid amounts of samogon!

I love it that every cafeteria and snack shop in Ukraine also serves good beer. And about Samogon - well .... you really don't taste much after drinking, or don't care about taste... I can't remember.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Personal attacks are a violation of TOS and have been removed along with the posts quoting same.

Huh? What personal attack? If you want a personal attack I will be happy to attack but I dont think I did so there!!!!

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Huh? What personal attack? If you want a personal attack I will be happy to attack but I dont think I did so there!!!!

It wasn't you. No worries.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Borscht, of course, is delicious. In Moscow at a little cafe I had some veal with mushrooms that was phenomenal. The ice cream shakes in Volgodonsk were better than any I've had in a long time (apparently the ice cream is locally produced).

------------------K1 Timeline------------------

05 Jul 2007: Mailed I129F petition

06 Jul 2007: CSC received petition

09 Jul 2007: NOA-1 Issued

10 Jul 2007: My check clears the bank

13 Jul 2007: I receive NOA-1 in the US Mail

19 Nov 2007: Touched

19 Nov 2007: USCIS website shows APPROVED

23 Nov 2007: I receive NOA-2 in the US Mail

12 Dec 2007: NVC receives petition

14 Dec 2007: NVC ships petition to Moscow embassy

19 Dec 2007: Moscow embassy receives petition

26 Feb 2008: Interview at Moscow embassy

13 Mar 2008: Received visa

18 Mar 2008: POE in Atlanta

09 May 2008: Wedding

-----------------AOS Timeline------------------

16 Jun 2008: Submittal for AOS

23 Jun 2008: NOA1 for AOS (I485, I765, I131)

24 Jun 2008: AOS checks cashed

15 Jul 2008: Biometrics appointment

04 Sep 2008: Received I-485 Interview letter

05 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Approved

08 Sep 2008: AP/EAD Received

29 Sep 2008: I-485 Interview (I-551 Stamp received)

07 Oct 2008: Green cards received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.