SamAndDorothy

Just hit the 5 month mark!!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Today, i hit the 5 month mark of waiting.There have been many people who have waited this long and longer.People who are still waiting for that mail to be droped in their mailbox.Days go by, with many letters,webcam chats,texts,etc...But nothing can replace that last touch,smell,and smile of that person you wish nothing more in the world to be beside you.

I think to myself all of this waiting,why am i doing this?Is it worth it?The answer is Yes!!

For me, i have spent alot of time going threw deadend,pointless,and misleading relationships.But,when you find that one love you cant get out your mind and soul.You go all out, to get that person.And in this case,its a big waiting period.Sure, you can fly half way around the world for a short time.But,eventually you have to come home alone.And wait some more.

I am writing this to just remind people why we are waiting.Sure,we all go threw withdraws,doubts and what not.I look at this as a time to prepare myself for the happiness i have been looking for my whole life.The smile she gives, her touch, all of those things.They say, all goods things to who that waits.Waiting sucks, point blank:)But we all have to do it.

Our lifes revolve around some people sitting in a room with hundreds of thousands of applications.We all curse them,and love them at the same time.But,it is out of our hands now.So we must wait.I think you learn alot about yourself when you have no control.Do you spaz and wig out.Or do you keep calm and wait untill the moment is right ?

I just look forward to the day i can call and tell her,get your stuff prepared for your side of the paperwork and interviews.And get your butt on plane so i can hold you once again.

I wish everyone a speedy time,and god bless you all that are traveling down this long road of happiness.Just look threw your pics and letters and remember what you are waiting for.And,be thankfull you do have that special someone.

I will wait another month, and then start the whole senator calling thing.Hopefully it doesnt reach that point.Once a week i call nvc and ask if they got my stuff.But, that is all i can do.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-01-26

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-01-30

I-129F RFE(s) : 7-2-2009(dont know what it is,have to wait on mail)

RFE Reply(s) : 7-10-2009(never got rfe but my case is resumed,got lucky and sent correct stuff)

I-129F NOA2 : 8-14-2009

NVC Received : 8-21-2009

NVC Left : 8-25-2009

Consulate Received : 9-2-2009

med exam : 9-15-2009(passed 9-16-2009)

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 9-23-2009(passed WOOHOOO)

Visa Received : 9-26-2009

US Entry :10-6-2009

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Chicago,Il

Date Filed : 2009-11-05

NOA Date : 2009-11-10

RFE(s) :

Bio. Appt. : 2009-27-11

AOS Transfer** : 2009-08-12

Interview Date :

Approval / Denial Date :

Approved : 2010-1-08

Got I551 Stamp :

Greencard Received: 2010-1-14

Comments :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

You sound very hopeful and positive anyway. Here I am about to enter my 4th month and getting antsy looking for some direction. There's NONE. In the meantime, my phone bill is skyrocketing and sleepless nights missing my beau. There's a light at the end of the tunnel... (well at least I keep telling myself that).

May you stay strong...it won't be long.

- LB

Stay tune for yet another immi-saga in the life of LB & JD. Coming soon ---> AOS Chronicles

Timeline

Today, i hit the 5 month mark of waiting.There have been many people who have waited this long and longer.People who are still waiting for that mail to be droped in their mailbox.Days go by, with many letters,webcam chats,texts,etc...But nothing can replace that last touch,smell,and smile of that person you wish nothing more in the world to be beside you.

I think to myself all of this waiting,why am i doing this?Is it worth it?The answer is Yes!!

Amen to that sir. Its worth it. Stay positive and thanks for posting that it gave me a little boost to have someone put my feelings into words.

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-06

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-03-16

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-07-16

NVC Received : 2009-07-31

NVC Left : 2009-08-14

Consulate Received : 2009-08-19

Packet 4 Received : 2009-08-22

Interview Date : 2009-09-23 Submit Review

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2009-09-25

US Entry : 2009-10-04

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Los Angeles CA

Date Filed : 2010-01-29

NOA Date : 2010-02-05

Bio. Appt. : 2010-02-26

Interview Date : 2010-04-21 Submit Review

Approval / Denial Date : 2010-04-21

Approved : Yes

MANOK COUPLE

Timeline

By far the most inspiring post I have read here during my Journey. Well done Sam. But I wouldn't wait any longer to contact my Senator. Two days after I contacted mine my petition was approved. You've been very patient but why wait another month? Good luck to ya buddy and I wish you a smooth Visa Journey. Mike

IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION ITS THE JOURNEY...AND WHAT A JOURNEY IT HAS BEEN

Thanks for the reminder!

Best of luck to you. I hope your wait is soon over!

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.