crod

Immunizations for Eighteen and younger

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Well the question I have for those of you that may have had this experience or one like it is... I called a local civil surgeon today in Houston, TX, they named off several immunizations that my fiancee will need. The one immunization that has me a little worried is the Hepatitis-B vaccine, that is a 3 shot series that takes six months. At this point we are days from receiving our NOA2 from the VSC to have our case go towards the embassy, so finding out now after waiting for four months is not a thrill. Will my fiancee be held their until the 6 month series is complete, or if she starts it their will the USCIS allow her to come through? If anyone has any experience with this it would be appreciated.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Managua, Nicaragua

I-129F Sent: 2009-03-02

I-129F NOA1: Dated- 2009-03-09

I-129F RFE(s):

RFE Reply(s):

I-129F NOA2: 2009-07-31

NVC Received:

NVC Left:

Consulate Received:

Packet 3 Received:

Packet 3 Sent:

Packet 4 Received: 2009-08-19

Interview Date: 2009-11-13

Visa Received: 2009-11-13

US Entry: 2009-11-20

Marriage: 2009-11-24

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

K-1 VISA does not require Vaccination

AOS on the other hand will require it. you do not need to get all of the series to start AOS, you will just need one shot of each vaccines.

UpdatedTimeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

HelloWorld08 thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.

I also wanted to share what I found on the American Embassy page for the country of Nicaragua:

Note: K and V visa applicants will not be required to meet the vaccination requirements at the time of the visa interview. However, they will be required to meet the requirements at the time they apply for adjustment of status with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services once they are in the United States.

http://nicaragua.usembassy.gov/applying_fo...grant_visa.html

Thanks for the info earlier.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Managua, Nicaragua

I-129F Sent: 2009-03-02

I-129F NOA1: Dated- 2009-03-09

I-129F RFE(s):

RFE Reply(s):

I-129F NOA2: 2009-07-31

NVC Received:

NVC Left:

Consulate Received:

Packet 3 Received:

Packet 3 Sent:

Packet 4 Received: 2009-08-19

Interview Date: 2009-11-13

Visa Received: 2009-11-13

US Entry: 2009-11-20

Marriage: 2009-11-24

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Same notice is on the Bangkok embassy's site, yet Bangkok requires that the series is begun before the visa is issued. I would begin Hep B now and finish it in the States if necessary.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Well the question I have for those of you that may have had this experience or one like it is... I called a local civil surgeon today in Houston, TX, they named off several immunizations that my fiancee will need. The one immunization that has me a little worried is the Hepatitis-B vaccine, that is a 3 shot series that takes six months. At this point we are days from receiving our NOA2 from the VSC to have our case go towards the embassy, so finding out now after waiting for four months is not a thrill. Will my fiancee be held their until the 6 month series is complete, or if she starts it their will the USCIS allow her to come through? If anyone has any experience with this it would be appreciated.

She will not need Hepatitus vaccine for the visa or AOS (no immunizations are required for the visa at all) The surgeon you talked to is wrong. There is a list at the US State dept website of necessary vaccines for the AOS. It is very short and she may have had them as a child, get her vaccinaion records if possible

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
HelloWorld08 thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it.

I also wanted to share what I found on the American Embassy page for the country of Nicaragua:

Note: K and V visa applicants will not be required to meet the vaccination requirements at the time of the visa interview. However, they will be required to meet the requirements at the time they apply for adjustment of status with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services once they are in the United States.

http://nicaragua.usembassy.gov/applying_fo...grant_visa.html

Thanks for the info earlier.

K-1 is NOT an immigrant visa. This list of vaccines does NOT apply.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.