Amby

chinese airline wants to sell standing tickets

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

A Chinese budget airline has applied for permission to sell cut price standing room only tickets.

1513604.jpg

Passengers would pay a reduced price to stand in the aisles during flights, reports IC Media.

Spring Airlines president Wang Zhenghua said tickets would go on sale as soon as the government agreed the proposals.

He said he was confident of government backing - as the idea had been suggested by China's vice premier Zhang Dejiang.

"He suggested that, for a lower price, passengers should be able to get on a plane like catching a bus, with no seat, no luggage consignment, no food, no water, but very convenient," said Wang.

He added that the company had consulted with Airbus, the company which built most of its aeroplanes, and had been told the proposals were safe.

"So once the government approves it formally, we'll try it," said Wang.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3381139.html?menu=

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

One way of population control I suppose.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Uh...one, I'm pretty sure this would be dangerous as if the flight had turbulence, and people would need to fasten their safety belt, they wouldn't even have a seat. How can that possibly be safe?

And if you can stand for 3 or 4 hours straight, good for you. I recently had a choral event where my choir had to stand for 2 hours and my legs were super sore afterwards.

Edited by thetreble

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Uh...one, I'm pretty sure this would be dangerous as if the flight had turbulence, and people would need to fasten their safety belt, they wouldn't even have a seat. How can that possibly be safe?

Who cares about safe? It's China!

Cattle class, yay.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Who cares about safe? It's China!

Cattle class, yay.

Safety? Chinese? Guess you don't need it since you have 1 billion or so replacements....

(for the uninitiated - that press is coming down with 180+ tons of force, and normally, the sheet of metal (parts) are pulled through each "station" that forms the final part. But it was to hard to make, so they inserted humans into the die/press to manually move the parts along)

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

I think they could hook up some harnesses on the wings. Have extra passengers sitting outside the plane, too.

Goggles provide for a fee of course!!

610px-Chinese_paper_welding_mask.JPG

Guy using paper and ray bans as a "welding" mask.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I think they could hook up some harnesses on the wings. Have extra passengers sitting outside the plane, too.

I like it! The Chinese FAA declared the practice safe. :dance:

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

That can't be serious! :o If safety procedures state that we must be seated during take off and landing, if we have a turbulence and you're not seated you can (as happened a few weeks ago) be banged on the ceiling and floor like a ragged doll how in the world would any company/government approve of "standing tickets" for airplanes?!?! Crazy chinese.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

I wonder why they don't do the "Fifth Element" way and have slide in slots for PAX.

You probably can squeeze in a lot more people into them, and then you would have all kinds of cushion.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I wonder why they don't do the "Fifth Element" way and have slide in slots for PAX.

You probably can squeeze in a lot more people into them, and then you would have all kinds of cushion.

I'll wanna sit next to the fat people :thumbs: