Afrilaskan Queen

just a few days to leave prepare for interview and have questions!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi Everyone please help - I just got notification that I may have to get everything under the sun together for an interview for spouse within a few days and I'm also leaving the country at the same time! I'm excited about a possible interview but notice was so fast that I'm ill prepared. CIS forwarded everything after concluding that everything was handled incorrectly, I wish I had time to explain more.

This could be good or bad, I'm being told our I-130 could be denied like the I-129 at the interview. We don't even know why the I-129 was denied, they've been reviewing it for a year and a half but are sending our I-130 onward. So I don't know how to address any questions about the I-129, I know the mistakes we made but I have no idea what they think.

I'm having all this information flooding in every direction and I'm sleep deprived. I'm hoping someone on this site can help me focus. I got a letter from the lawyer and I've copied their statements below with my questions in bold. I want to be sure to walk in so prepared at this interview. If you have any thoughts about Lagos/experience and can answer my questions soon I'd most appreciate it!

If there is anything you can’t get done in time to mail with the other originals, you are allowed to ask permission to bring that to the interview. [Can we really bring out originals to the interview? Because they lost everything before I'm a wreck about mailing anything!]

Because you have been married for over two years they will be substantially easier on you. They will give you back your originals [marriage certificate etc.] at this interview. o[i find this unlikely, is this true?]

BE SURE you bring in all of your originals not requested by or sent to NVC. What originals is this like tax returns or emails or what???

But it does matter that you come prepared. They notice this. They will probably not ask you about the denied I-129F and it will be nice for you if they don’t. They will be aware of it, though. [Will they really not ask about our denied I-129? she's not preparing us for that, our review did not complete so we do not even know why it was denied.]

By interviewing you two together, they will get to see the good faith of your marriage first hand. [Do they really interview I-130 in Lagos together?]

AFTER THE INTERVIEW, they will take passport so they can put the immigrant visa (permanent residence) into it. They will either instruct you to come back and pick it up or they will mail it by courier to you. If you want to come back, as for this. (They can sometimes do it on the spot while you wait, but this is rare.) Make sure you get a letter authorizing you to come back into the Consulate if that is the plan.. [is that how it usually has done?]

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Timeline

This is great news! You will find favor. Everything will come together.

They might take advantage fo the fact that you are there and interview you too. No gaurantee, but likely.

By interviewing you two together, they will get to see the good faith of your marriage first hand. [Do they really interview I-130 in Lagos together?]

Yes, if they do not put you in admin processing.

AFTER THE INTERVIEW, they will take passport so they can put the immigrant visa (permanent residence) into it. They will either instruct you to come back and pick it up or they will mail it by courier to you. If you want to come back, as for this. (They can sometimes do it on the spot while you wait, but this is rare.) Make sure you get a letter authorizing you to come back into the Consulate if that is the plan.. [is that how it usually has done?]
Edited by MrsJibowu

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Timeline

Hi Mrs. J, yes this is good news! I'm in a bit of shock as everything turned around with just one phone call. Our case is at NVC still so still awaiting all the news from the Senator's office. I am told to prepare for an interview. I'm excited that me and my Hubby might interview together. I'm just hoping everything goes well now. I wonder if they will be easy on us since we've been married over 2 years Now...I don't expect anything to be easy...lol.

Thanks for the encouragement Mrs. J - I'm still in shock but thanks to the group here who gave advice to call and knock at NVC's and CIS back door - that is how I found the info that was needed to move this along. Now I want to rely on God and be prepared, keep what is important in front of me and enjoy and live in the moment.

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Timeline

You should get the IR1 instead of the CR1 since you have been married for more then two years. Anything that happend with the K3 will not have too much of an impact. The embassy cannot deny your visa without valid reason. Since they tried one time and sent it back the fact that USCIS is sending it back means that they approve you. You shoudl be just fine.

<object width="660" height="525"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="525"></embed></object>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I just want to say that Im SO happy that you guys got some movement on your case and will get another interview.

GOOD LUCK!

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
I just want to say that Im SO happy that you guys got some movement on your case and will get another interview.

GOOD LUCK!

Thanks! I'm relieved to have some movement on the our case... :star:

~Afrilaskan Queen~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.