C.A

Urgent Help! mistake on G-325A

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

I just found out that in the G-325A, when they ask you for the employment information for the last 5 years, they wanna you to include the ones that are in the USA and abroad. I was confused, I thought I only need to put down the last job I had abroad. Therefore, I didn't include one job that I had abroad... :crying:

I am going to my biometric appointment on Monday, should I raise the mistake there or if I need to send in 2 new G-325A (one for I-130 and one for I-485) with an explanation letter?

I am pretty worried now, any advices or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

If i were you, i would leave the matter as it is; if anything were to come up, you would receive an RFE; however, you raising the mistake without being prompted to do so might only hinder your process. And just to let you know, I think there is a section where it asks to put the addresses of the last 5 years. WE also forgot to put a couple of the addresses down as we got the dates mixed up, but it never became a problem; and sure as hell, we didn't send a new form or did we send anything else to point out the mistake. B) We figured that if it was going to be a problem, then we would get an RFE, but of course, we never got one, and the whole process went without a hitch.

Edited by ikarus

AOS

2009-01-12===> Sent AOS packet via UPS
2009-01-13===> AOS packet received
2009-01-28===> NOA's received in the mail
2009-02-01===> Biometric appt received in the mail
2009-02-06===> Completed biometric appt thru walk-in
2009-02-06===> Applied for expedited AP thru the phone
2009-02-14===> Received AP in the mail
2009-02-11===> Case transferred to CSC
2009-02-23===> EAD received
2009-05-02===> Green card received in the mail, no interview done.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I just found out that in the G-325A, when they ask you for the employment information for the last 5 years, they wanna you to include the ones that are in the USA and abroad. I was confused, I thought I only need to put down the last job I had abroad. Therefore, I didn't include one job that I had abroad... :crying:

I am going to my biometric appointment on Monday, should I raise the mistake there or if I need to send in 2 new G-325A (one for I-130 and one for I-485) with an explanation letter?

I am pretty worried now, any advices or suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks guys!!

Well, it may not be the same thing, I filled out the forms for my wife and I made a mistake on her G-325a we filed with the petition which bothered her. She mentioned it at the visa interview and she was allowed to correct the mistake. It regarded the dates of that employment. She drew a line through it, corrected it and initialed it. No problems.

You may consider making up a new G-325a and if it come up at the interview you could give it to them. Was it also left off the G-325a for the petition? I woul dnot mention it at the biometrics appointment, you will not be there for that purpose and your files may not even be in the local office yet, and it just may get transfered. I would say just be prepared to correct it if it comes up, otherwise, don't worry about it. It is virtually sure NOT to come up at the biometrics appointment.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thanks guys!!

Well, it may not be the same thing, I filled out the forms for my wife and I made a mistake on her G-325a we filed with the petition which bothered her. She mentioned it at the visa interview and she was allowed to correct the mistake. It regarded the dates of that employment. She drew a line through it, corrected it and initialed it. No problems.

You may consider making up a new G-325a and if it come up at the interview you could give it to them. Was it also left off the G-325a for the petition? I woul dnot mention it at the biometrics appointment, you will not be there for that purpose and your files may not even be in the local office yet, and it just may get transfered. I would say just be prepared to correct it if it comes up, otherwise, don't worry about it. It is virtually sure NOT to come up at the biometrics appointment.

Thanks for the advice, it was the same (mistake) for both I-130 and I-485, since I didn't know that I should include all the employment I had abroad as I thought I only needed to mention the latest one. I will have the new/correct one prepared for the interview just in case then.

Thanks very much!

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys ,

Thats great thread i got some good info and my problem is almost same which is that When we filed I-130 we mentioned wrong month at the date of residency but year was correct now when we filled DS-230 form we correct month on that so i wanted to ask will that any problem >?

Thank you

Timeline
Hi guys ,

Thats great thread i got some good info and my problem is almost same which is that When we filed I-130 we mentioned wrong month at the date of residency but year was correct now when we filled DS-230 form we correct month on that so i wanted to ask will that any problem >?

Thank you

My understanding so far is that "only give them the answers when they ask for them"...so if they are questioning about it, be honest and correct the mistake we made on the form for whatever reasons (misunderstanding or oversight, etc), otherwides it may not be a problem at all.

I am not going to raise my mistake by myself at this point just to avoid any confusion, I will however get prepared to correct it when it comes up (either a RFE or during interview).

It was an honest mistake after all and we have nothing to hide, don't we?! =)

Timeline

Thanks guys!!

Hey, I just have a quick question, if it was not brought up during the interview, should I bring it up myself or just let it go? :unsure:

Any advices will be greatly appreciated!!! THANKS!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey Guys,

I got my interview letter without any RFEs...Not sure if I will get any or not, just wondering that if I should bring this issue up myself at the interview if it was not asked about. The job I missed out was a part-time job (10 hours ish per week) that I had when I was a full time college student back 2004 in Holland. It is a honest mistake and I don't want to create any confusions.

Edited by Chen

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

hey i also have a similar problem. I applied K3 visa for my husband whos in Pakistan. he just received his 3.5 packet from the Islamabad Embassy. the form DS 230 part 1 question 30 asks my husband the list of all the places he lived from the age of 16 for more than 6 months. I knew that my husband was in U.K for about 3 years on student visa and went back to pakistan on time. the problem is that when I asked him the years it was from 2003-2006 and I realized that when I filed for my and my Husband G 325A form i did not mention that on there. It was a big misunderstanding, I shoud've communicated with my husband about that. WHAT CAN I DO NOW!!!! PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP AND SOLVE THIS PROBLEM...I WILL BE VERY VERY VERY THANKFUL!!!

• 7 years later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Six year old comment closed to further comment~

Pitaya

VJ Moderation

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.