happywifeymom

Need more clarification pls.

7 posts in this topic

Hello again fellow vj'ers,

I know i have posted this topic already but still confused and need more clarification.My hubby lost his job and we are planning to apply for MEdicaid,..as i have mentioned in my previous posts,, we are on the process of waiting for approval for the I-130 application of my kids in the Philippines and my USC husband is the petitioner.

I know i am ineligible to apply for medicaid since my hubby signed the affidavit of support for me that i will not be a public charge to the government.My question is .. would it affect our I -130 application if we will apply medicaid for our USC baby(born to our marriage and not for me?).The medicaid is not for me but for our baby who is a US citizen.

Pls.. i would appreciate any ideas.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I know i have posted this topic already but still confused and need more clarification.My hubby lost his job and we are planning to apply for MEdicaid,..as i have mentioned in my previous posts,, we are on the process of waiting for approval for the I-130 application of my kids in the Philippines and my USC husband is the petitioner.

I know i am ineligible to apply for medicaid since my hubby signed the affidavit of support for me that i will not be a public charge to the government.My question is .. would it affect our I -130 application if we will apply medicaid for our USC baby(born to our marriage and not for me?).The medicaid is not for me but for our baby who is a US citizen.

Your US citizen son qualifies for any benefit that any other US citizen would qualify for - no reimbursement is required under the I-864 your husband signed on your behalf.

Your US citizen son qualifies for any benefit that any other US citizen would qualify for - no reimbursement is required under the I-864 your husband signed on your behalf.

Thank you Aaron,,pls..i need more replies as some said in my other posts that it will affect our I-130 application??The way I understood it is my son who is a US citizen is entitled to this as a citizen and would not affect our application since this medicaid like i said is for our baby and not for me?Am i right?

Edited by happywifeymom

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Thank you Aaron,,pls..i need more replies as some said in my other posts that it will affect our I-130 application??The way I understood it is my son who is a US citizen is entitled to this as a citizen and would not affect our application since this medicaid like i said is for our baby and not for me?Am i right?

You mentioned kids. So I presume that you have kids from a prior relationship where the father is not a US citizen. Receiving public benefits will impact those cases. You will need a co-sponsor on the I-864s for the non-US citizen kids. I feel bad for you, but you must understand that the US can not allow foreign nationals to immigrate to the US if they are likely to become public charges. There are plenty of people on welfare here (that taxpayers can not really afford to support - yikes) and we can not afford to support foreign nationals.

You mentioned kids. So I presume that you have kids from a prior relationship where the father is not a US citizen. Receiving public benefits will impact those cases. You will need a co-sponsor on the I-864s for the non-US citizen kids. I feel bad for you, but you must understand that the US can not allow foreign nationals to immigrate to the US if they are likely to become public charges. There are plenty of people on welfare here (that taxpayers can not really afford to support - yikes) and we can not afford to support foreign nationals.

Thanks for your reply,,i understand that.. and my hubby can get a job anytime he wants to go back to work... and yes the kid's father(previous relationship )is not a US citizen and of course they will be a public charge if we will bring them here with my husband not working right now.

MY question is just simple...We have an 11 month old baby who is a US citizen and born to our marriage... and we are planning to apply medicaid for the baby not for anybody else..Since the baby is a USC is he not entitled to get this benefits like other illegal aliens here? My hubby is supporting those ppl too by paying his taxes.

Won't it affect my husband's I 130 petition for tmy 2 kids (his step children) since the medicaid is for our USC baby?

Would really appreciate if you can share more ideas pls.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It sounds like the biggest challenge will be the affidavit of support. That is how it would impact the I-130 filing.

As stated by Aaron your husband and his child (your 11 month old) are eligible for any and all benefits. You and the non USC children will not be able to use any benefits at this point.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

It sounds like the biggest challenge will be the affidavit of support. That is how it would impact the I-130 filing.

As stated by Aaron your husband and his child (your 11 month old) are eligible for any and all benefits. You and the non USC children will not be able to use any benefits at this point.

Thank you Anh,,thats what i needed to hear. I know my hubby and our baby who are both USC are eligible.I also know that me and my 2 kids who are not yet a citizen are not eligible.

Just wanted to make sure if having medicaid for our baby won't affect the I -130 . By the time we will need the affidavit of support for my 2 kids(I-130) we will be able to provide the AOS since my husband will be going back to work and hopefully i will be working too by next month...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.