sassysis

2 days till I leave

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

Oh my, I can not believe the time is finally here. I am so excited, nervous, relieved, etc. Everything!

So many things to do in just 2 days! I am sure I will forget something. I got my tissue, wipes, Pepto, tp, batteries. still need insect repellent, but will I need it, we have airco in the flat. ???

Ok, I will start to ramble, I have so much on my mind. Just wanted to say thanks ladies for all the advise on what to take etc. anyone has any last minute ideas of stuff I need let me know. Thanks again all!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Have a wonderful time, and if you can, find an net cafe at some point and let us know you arrived safely!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Oh my, I can not believe the time is finally here. I am so excited, nervous, relieved, etc. Everything!

So many things to do in just 2 days! I am sure I will forget something. I got my tissue, wipes, Pepto, tp, batteries. still need insect repellent, but will I need it, we have airco in the flat. ???

Ok, I will start to ramble, I have so much on my mind. Just wanted to say thanks ladies for all the advise on what to take etc. anyone has any last minute ideas of stuff I need let me know. Thanks again all!

Congrats girl! Have a great time and be safe! The only other thing is if ur gonna bring any electronics u will need a converter/adapter.

God Bless You and ur family!

Melynda

Timeline
Have a wonderful time, and if you can, find an net cafe at some point and let us know you arrived safely!

I will for sure, I will be talking to my kids via webcam at some point. I am going to miss them like crazy!

Congrats girl! Have a great time and be safe! The only other thing is if ur gonna bring any electronics u will need a converter/adapter.

Melynda

ahh, yes, thank you Where do i get one of those?

Edited by skerber0

I will for sure, I will be talking to my kids via webcam at some point. I am going to miss them like crazy!

Melynda

ahh, yes, thank you Where do i get one of those?

Last time I went I got mine from Target. Today I bought one from Frye's Electronics...I'm sure WalMart would be another fine choice.

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Did you remember to get a converter for your hair dryer???? I just thought of that!!

Betsy El Sum

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You can also check Radio Scrap ( shack ) for a converter. Have a wonderful trip and keep in touch!

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

id still get the insect reple. even if you have ac because when the doors get open and closed the bugs will still find their way inside and they will love it because it will be nice and cool, chomp chomp!!

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

First I want to say have a great trip. You may want to ask your fiance' to see if he can get one for you. A lot of times they are much cheaper there than here and easy to find. I know you said that you have Pepto but I always brought Immodium pills with me as well.

Have fun!!!

Timeline
First I want to say have a great trip. You may want to ask your fiance' to see if he can get one for you. A lot of times they are much cheaper there than here and easy to find. I know you said that you have Pepto but I always brought Immodium pills with me as well.

Have fun!!!

Immodium saved me!!!!!! Definitely bring that. :thumbs: Have a great trip! Although I'm soo soo grateful that my husband and I are together now I kind of miss those butterflies the days before a trip to see him. :blush:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Timeline
I will get some immodium today. :) What do I need to tell the them at the airport to get a visa? Just tell them I am there visiting? do I need the address of where I am staying? etc?

You hand them your 15 dollars I believe is what it is and they give you this visa sticker. You don't have to say anything but tell them how many; at least that was what my experience always was. Make sure you have American cash on you for this. You will then be directed into the line for non citizens and you will then enter from there. Good luck, don't be nervous and have the time of your life!

Timeline
I will get some immodium today. :) What do I need to tell the them at the airport to get a visa? Just tell them I am there visiting? do I need the address of where I am staying? etc?

You hand them your 15 dollars I believe is what it is and they give you this visa sticker. You don't have to say anything but tell them how many; at least that was what my experience always was. Make sure you have American cash on you for this. You will then be directed into the line for non citizens and you will then enter from there. Good luck, don't be nervous and have the time of your life!

OK, thanks. i am a nervous wreck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.